IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

TMV & System of a Downofficial confirmation

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#1 Theory

Theory

The Butcher

• Founding Father
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13781 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

The mars volta have been confirmed on as special guests on this summers System of a Down tour. Details coming soon...

SYSTEM OF A DOWN ANNOUNCE SUMMER TOUR
The Mars Volta will be Special Guests on All Dates

What will undoubtedly be a "must see" tour this summer, SYSTEM OF A DOWN is confirmed to headline its first major U.S. tour in three years, it is announced today. While specific dates are being confirmed and will be announced shortly, the band will kick off a two-month trek in early August that will see them playing arenas in major and secondary markets throughout North America. It is also announced that The Mars Volta will join System of a Down as Special Guests on all of the tour dates; a third act, yet to be announced, will open the shows.

"We're very excited about getting out on the road this summer," said System's vocalist Serj Tankian. "It's been a long time since we've done a major American tour, and with The Mars Volta on the bill, I think we're giving our fans a terrific show."

System of a Down is currently on a 10-date "guerrilla club tour" playing small venues and debuting a couple of brand new songs from their forthcoming release, "Mezmerize," Disc One of the 2-disc set "Mezmerize/Hypnotize," due out May 17. Disc Two, "Hypnotize," is expected to be released late this fall. "B.Y.O.B.," the first single from the new album, is already a Top 10 track at Rock/Alternative radio, and the band will perform the song when they appear as musical guests on "Saturday Night Live" May 7.

On a personal note - I met Serj at the Wiltern 13 Mars Volta concert and he was an amazingly nice guy.

#2 محمود

محمود

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Joined 09-March 05

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:37 PM

yes, serj is a very nice guy... incredibly intelligent too.

#3 hottnikkels

hottnikkels

• Members
  • 7911 posts
  • Joined 07-December 03
  • Interests:Art, Girls, Music

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

cool, thanks for the info

#4 Smilin' Desperado

Smilin' Desperado

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4040 posts
  • Joined 10-September 03
  • Interests:Reading, Cooking, Music, Tv Shows, Food Network, not doing laundry, beach, the sun, cold weather, expensive dinners, shoes ,comfortable clothes, google, kittens, puppies, wikipedia, electronic music, being high, baked goods, being awesome.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:40 PM

NAME DROPER!

#5 spaceflood

spaceflood

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05
  • Interests:Music

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

sweet!

#6 pixiesfanyo

pixiesfanyo

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts
  • Joined 03-April 04
  • Interests:Bass Guitar, Music, Film Making, Poetry and Song Writing

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

Yeah

That fits?

#7 BEEL

BEEL

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Joined 10-August 04

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:57 PM

Thats good news (because I might see the Volta twice)!

I respect system of a down, but I dont know much of their music. I like most of what I know, though.

#8 who brought me here

who brought me here

Simulacrum

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05
  • Interests:music, food (all kinds ill try almost anything once), fun, movies but haven’t seen many. freedom. TMV, DITC, FTM, <br />learning, expanding horizons, opening my mind, tripping out (without drugs), keeping it positive no matter what and open minded.

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

The mars volta have been confirmed on as special guests on this summers System of a Down tour.  Details coming soon...

SYSTEM OF A DOWN ANNOUNCE SUMMER TOUR
The Mars Volta will be Special Guests on All Dates

What will undoubtedly be a "must see" tour this summer, SYSTEM OF A DOWN is confirmed to headline its first major U.S. tour in three years, it is announced today. While specific dates are being confirmed and will be announced shortly, the band will kick off a two-month trek in early August that will see them playing arenas in major and secondary markets throughout North America. It is also announced that The Mars Volta will join System of a Down as Special Guests on all of the tour dates; a third act, yet to be announced, will open the shows.

"We're very excited about getting out on the road this summer," said System's vocalist Serj Tankian. "It's been a long time since we've done a major American tour, and with The Mars Volta on the bill, I think we're giving our fans a terrific show."

System of a Down is currently on a 10-date "guerrilla club tour" playing small venues and debuting a couple of brand new songs from their forthcoming release, "Mezmerize," Disc One of the 2-disc set "Mezmerize/Hypnotize," due out May 17. Disc Two, "Hypnotize," is expected to be released late this fall. "B.Y.O.B.," the first single from the new album, is already a Top 10 track at Rock/Alternative radio, and the band will perform the song when they appear as musical guests on "Saturday Night Live" May 7.

On a personal note - I met Serj at the Wiltern 13 Mars Volta concert and he was an amazingly nice guy.

View Post

thanks Theory
cant wait, but will.

#9 dan_tmv

dan_tmv

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4808 posts
  • Joined 13-December 04

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:04 PM

I don't care much for SOAD.

But it sucks that this will most likely interfere with the time that the Volta will spend on stage :(

#10 محمود

محمود

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Joined 09-March 05

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:10 PM

will this top the austin show i just went to????

yea, it will.

#11 Avocadocancern

Avocadocancern

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Joined 20-April 05

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:11 PM

hey Theory you know if MV will be comin to England with SOAD? I've already got my tickets for SOAD so if they do that 'll be the 3rd time I see MV in a year! hip hip hooray

#12 Tieba

Tieba

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 11-October 03
  • Interests:Pink Floyd, De Facto, ATDI, Aesop Rock, System Of A Down, Blonde Redhead, The MC5, Joy Division, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, Ill Mitch, Interpol, guitar, grums, Ryuichi Sakamoto, computers, stained glass window making, drawing, Molly

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:14 PM

OHHHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOD! Can't wait! Two of my favorites, awesome awesome awesome. Thanks a lot for the news!

#13 ludicolo

ludicolo

thread killer

• Members
  • 9116 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
  • Interests:energy
  • Myspace

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:20 PM

Awesomeness.

#14 D-i-a-n-a

D-i-a-n-a

Moo

• Members
  • 15808 posts
  • Joined 24-March 04

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:30 PM

Realllly good combination of bands, I can't wait. It's gonna be interesting.

#15 jmanin2

jmanin2

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2160 posts
  • Joined 05-October 03

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:33 PM

this should be weird

thnx for the info

#16 glassjaw_owns_you

glassjaw_owns_you

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Joined 02-November 03

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:34 PM

sweet news, but i would've rather seen a blood bros./ volta tour, now that would have been sweet

#17 ryake

ryake

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 21-March 05

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

too bad it isnt SOAD opening for TMV... that would be better

#18 محمود

محمود

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Joined 09-March 05

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:53 PM

too bad it isnt SOAD opening for TMV... that would be better

View Post

or tmv opening for rick james...

#19 sickened_thirst

sickened_thirst

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:14 AM

hmm, not the GREATest news... i would of rather them just headline again. this would be okay though... as long as its a smaller venue. how big of a venue do you think system would play? and if anyone's from Toronto, what venue do you think, the opera house, the kool haus, or the ACC, or what? cause the mars volta are playing the kool haus this time, and im just thinking SOAD would probably play a bigger place

#20 d0ped0g

d0ped0g

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Joined 17-November 03

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:25 AM

i dont think its a particularly good combo. lots of system fans are used to chunky metal/rock riffs with Serj's powerful operatic voice behind it

dunno how they'll react to Cedrics wailing and Omars crazy improv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users