IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Kanye West Is Insane

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5629 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:17 AM

Production wise. What are we referring to here.

The fact that he has produced instrumentals for a lot of artists and has done an amazing job of it. Look up his credits. It's hard to debate the talent he had in creating catchy instrumentals often from atypical sources. Shit, he made a decent song from a CAN track

#122 Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man

POWDERED.TOAST.MAN

• Members
  • 11400 posts
  • Joined 20-February 10
  • Twitter

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:35 AM

He has always been a better producer. He lost what little spark he had as a rapper a long time ago. Daytona was really good this year, for example, because it was just classic Kanye production, no bullshit. He needs to stick to that and give his whole "I'm an arrogant cunt with no basis to back it up" schtick a rest.

There's an annoying tendency amongst supposedly politically aware left-leaning music fans to give certain artists a free pass when it comes to critical evaluation of their music and personal beliefs. Kanye is the poster boy for this, he has churned out fairly average solo material for some time that get consistently lauded and is now the token black guy wearing a MAGA hat and making nice in the White House with the white supremecist corrupt piece of shit president. But they are all ignoring it or think it's funny. If anyone else did that there'd be thinkpieces, Twitter threads and righteous outrage. Instead it's "lol kanye". See also: Morrissey.

#123 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9906 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:12 AM

^this

#124 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4550 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:10 PM

At this point it's clear he's setting up a presidential bid. I think everything he does should be viewed from the lens of trying to replicate the "Trump effect", where something that's seen as a joke gradually transitions into reality. A Kanye presidency would be worse than Trump, so let's try to nip this in the bud yeah?

#125 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:41 PM

But they are all ignoring it or think it's funny. If anyone else did that there'd be thinkpieces, Twitter threads and righteous outrage. Instead it's "lol kanye". 

Are you joking? He's getting blasted for his antics.  There's not "lol kanye" going on for the most part.  It's more "wtf kanye" or "something's wrong with Kanye, mentally." Don Lemon and his panel on CNN made that clear in their segment last week.

My point is that the people that think something is wrong with Kanye obviously have looked past his craziness all this time because it never rubbed them the wrong way.  Now it has, and now they think he's crazy?  That's what's dumb here.  

#126 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5629 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:26 AM

But they are all ignoring it or think it's funny. If anyone else did that there'd be thinkpieces, Twitter threads and righteous outrage. Instead it's "lol kanye".

Are you joking? He's getting blasted for his antics. There's not "lol kanye" going on for the most part. It's more "wtf kanye" or "something's wrong with Kanye, mentally." Don Lemon and his panel on CNN made that clear in their segment last week.

My point is that the people that think something is wrong with Kanye obviously have looked past his craziness all this time because it never rubbed them the wrong way. Now it has, and now they think he's crazy? That's what's dumb here.

PTM's point I think was more of the general public response not the media response. I'd be curious if his album sales/streams have been hindered at all.

#127 Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man

POWDERED.TOAST.MAN

• Members
  • 11400 posts
  • Joined 20-February 10
  • Twitter

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:04 PM

Are you joking? He's getting blasted for his antics. There's not "lol kanye" going on for the most part. It's more "wtf kanye" or "something's wrong with Kanye, mentally." Don Lemon and his panel on CNN made that clear in their segment last week.

My point is that the people that think something is wrong with Kanye obviously have looked past his craziness all this time because it never rubbed them the wrong way. Now it has, and now they think he's crazy? That's what's dumb here.
PTM's point I think was more of the general public response not the media response. I'd be curious if his album sales/streams have been hindered at all.

I was referring to a specific group of music fans. They are left-leaning and abhor this kind of behaviour in musicians, but give Kanye a free pass.

#128 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5629 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:09 AM

I was referring to a specific group of music fans. They are left-leaning and abhor this kind of behaviour in musicians, but give Kanye a free pass.

Got it and agree

#129 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11739 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:41 PM

I actually don’t find Kanye’s ability as a producer to really be THAT great. There’s a lot of guys out there that are doing greater work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users