IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Mars Volta vinyl

• Please log in to reply
1792 replies to this topic

#1 FrancessecnarF

FrancessecnarF

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

I purchased Amputechture off the new Omar store on sargent house and it's definitely the correct way to listen to the album. I can actually hear Jon Theodore! Anywhoo my question is why can't Omar release re-prints of De-Loused and Frances?

#2 Eduard E. Bola

Eduard E. Bola

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • Joined 02-July 06

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

cause he hates smash mouth or something.

#3 Petra

Petra

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:42 AM

cause he hates smash mouth or something.

He's been listening to too much Yellowcard and bands like that.

#4 FrancessecnarF

FrancessecnarF

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

Who would've known.. :notworthy: Yellowcard? :notworthy: They played my high school 8 years ago! What about Lit and Puddle of Mudd?

#5 Gemini_

Gemini_

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 30-June 08

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

it would be nice if they did

Omar release re-prints of De-Loused and Frances?

#6 shouse

shouse

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 18-April 09

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

I purchased Amputechture off the new Omar store on sargent house and it's definitely the correct way to listen to the album. I can actually hear Jon Theodore! Anywhoo my question is why can't Omar release re-prints of De-Loused and Frances?

It is in the works re-issue of deloused and frances - the new version of the vinyl francis will have the track Frances the mute on it as well
don't have a date for when they will be ready sonny is working on the new layouts for the art

#7 crimsonKOOKS

crimsonKOOKS

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

It is in the works re-issue of deloused and frances - the new version of the vinyl francis will have the track Frances the mute on it as well
don't have a date for when they will be ready sonny is working on the new layouts for the art

where did you get that info..??
i'm still waiting for these guys to release that damn DVD from 2 yrs ago but i'm kinda losing hope on that.

#8 FrancessecnarF

FrancessecnarF

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

Wow! Thanks again shouse! You were very helpful with all the Cryptomnesia info a couple weeks back so I will take your word. This is very exciting news! :biggrin:

#9 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2122 posts
  • Joined 24-July 06

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

Damn, that's awesome.

#10 cymbaline12

cymbaline12

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:22 AM

oh baby

#11 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13448 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:29 AM

i'm still waiting for these guys to release that damn DVD from 2 yrs ago but i'm kinda losing hope on that.

Sargent House, shouse... Owner/ Manager: Cathy Pellow

Very nice of her to keep us updated

#12 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

That has to be some of the best news I've heard in a while. How many vinyl's are expected to be pressed when these are re-released?
Definite must-buys.

#13 luislasports

luislasports

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 31-July 08

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

oh shiii! awesome.. now i dont have to dish out a billion dollars for deloused. and too bad i missed tremulant when i got re released recently.

#14 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

DUDE THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE IN SOUND BETWEEN A VINYL OR CD. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THOSE ELITIST VINYLYIST WHO ARE STILL STOOK IN THE 70'S. VINYL IS INFEIOR. WHY DO YOU THINK CD'S REPLACED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? GIVE YOU A CLUE IT WASN'T BECAUSE THE SOUND WAS WORSE. IN FACT IT WAS PROBABLY BETTER. NO CRACKLE OR POPS. SO PLEASE STOP WITH THE VINYL IS BETTER THAN CD'S OR WHATEVER ELSE BECAUSE IT QUITE CLEARLY IS NOT. PEOPLE JUST NEED TO MAKE THAT CRAP LIES UP BECAUSE OTHERWISE THEY'RE LEFT WITH AN INFERIOR PRODUCT THAT THEYVE WASTED LOADS OF MONEY ON. IDIOTS.

Epic fail.

#15 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

YES BECAUSE IM THE ONE WHO HAS SPENT DOUBLE THE MONEY FOR HALF THE QUALITY. HAHA. KEEP BUYING THOSE VINYLS AND CONVINCE YOURSELF THEY'RE BETTER. LOSER.

Will do :)

#16 hellpaso

hellpaso

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Joined 27-December 08

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

i don't really hear big differences between vinyl and cd (except for the crackle or pops, which don't bother me at all).
and i'm not one of these faggy audiophiles.
i just enjoy having the BIG artwork, and realised that if i listen to music on vinyl, i mostly listen to the WHOLE album and the music gets my whole attention.

that's the reason why i prefer vinyl.

#17 Eneas

Eneas

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 30-August 08
  • Interests:Music

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

I think we all should just forget about that dvd, i'm afraid it won't come out anywhere soon

#18 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • 7090 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

Awesome

#19 Jack Austin Gilbert 7

Jack Austin Gilbert 7

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
  • Joined 15-April 07
  • Interests:Music<br />Math<br />Women<br />
  • Facebook

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

sargent house is the best fucking label on earth

#20 APEWIRE

APEWIRE

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 12-May 09

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:58 AM

I'm sure you can find these albums online.Recentley I found a sealed silver 2lp of de-loused at AMOEBA in hollywood for $100 bucks.
The best $100 bucks I've ever spent.I'm still missing FRANCES and the live album................It's not alway's all about the sound.Yes vinyl does sound different mainly because all experiences are unique.Whatever is recorded will sound different each single time.I love all sound mediums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users