IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
5609 replies to this topic

#5601 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4948 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 PM

Ok so this thread should become how good are we at insulting each other. Well uh, fuck you, thats all i can say

#5602 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6408 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Ideally not but you don't ban someone for expressing opinions on fandom, the health of the board, or the viable future of the band.

This thread would be in better health if there was literally any news whatsoever about the band. That's all there is to it.

He didn't insult or threaten anyone directly, I saw only metaphors for his opinions. Grow up. This is a stupid conversation. Christ if that's trolling then you're an equal ying to his yang. Think on that.

#5603 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7180 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted Yesterday, 09:04 PM

The response to any forum concerns won't be found in moderation or come from within the forum itself.

huh?

Was suggesting a perspective on the "context" of the environment.

I'm probably wrong with that statement as an absolute. For sure moderation has a role here.

But there's moderation-like effects in the boundary we consider to be part of the moderated environment.

Like, say you want to have more fruits and veges in your family meals. But you have a family and teenage kids and they love snacks and sugars and whatever. Well one thing you can do is to moderate that behaviour: decentivize sugars, throw it in the garbage or ban it outright. That's an inwards - behaviour- looking orientation only.

The other outwards-orientation is that your moderation efforts won't have much effect if you don't consider the fact that you live beside a 7-11. So maybe you could get them excited about growing veges in the backyard, as oppose to stoping by 7-11 on the way home from school? Maybe you change your views on how pure you want your kitchen, maybe a few snacks in the pantry is okay. Or countless other possibilities that come from the perceived context/environment.

Inside-out and outside-in perspectives, towards oneself and others, both play a role in appreciating the fullness of "change" (moderation).

#5604 sanskrit

sanskrit

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 20-July 09

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

This guy is straight up Sogyal Rinpoche.  

#5605 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4948 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Today, 03:28 AM

Ideally not but you don't ban someone for expressing opinions on fandom, the health of the board, or the viable future of the band.

This thread would be in better health if there was literally any news whatsoever about the band. That's all there is to it.

He didn't insult or threaten anyone directly, I saw only metaphors for his opinions. Grow up. This is a stupid conversation. Christ if that's trolling then you're an equal ying to his yang. Think on that.

He insulted directly members of the band and forum members. Who need to grow up? Its not an "opinion"

#5606 sanskrit

sanskrit

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 20-July 09

Posted Today, 03:51 AM

He insulted directly members of the band and forum members. Who need to grow up? Its not an "opinion"

How can there be members of the band when the mars volta doesn't even exist?   

#5607 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9248 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted Today, 06:28 AM

I've never had a chimichanga and don't know whats in one

#5608 Poimandres

Poimandres

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted Today, 07:45 AM

The problem is the material is getting repetitive... Sadric and blomar, chimichangas, gay jokes. What else ya got? I'm not above a sensible chuckle but I'd rather listen to octopus fucking cool aid then read through the same tired insults every 3 messages.

#5609 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6408 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted Today, 10:51 AM

I'm just laughing that he thinks insulting the band members is a bannable offence. Omar has stupid hair! Cedric can't sing! Marcel only cares about himself!

#5610 Rawr1922

Rawr1922

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 17-March 19

Posted Today, 01:34 PM

Plot twist: Sanskrit is Cedric :daydream:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users