IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Vienes de nochefilm soundtrack composed by ORL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:39 PM

i found a news article from August 2020 which says that Omar will be composing the soundtrack for this film.

https://www.eluniver...os-hombres-lobo

here's a translation (mostly google, and then my random touch ups)

Omar Rodríguez-López, founder of the group The Mars Volta, will enter the world of lycanthropy with the Spanish actress Paz Vega and the Mexican [actor] Juan Manuel Bernal.

The musician works on the composition for the film Vienes de noche, in which a boy believes that his father is a werewolf.

The director of the film Jorge Michel Grau (Somos lo que hay and Perdida) would start filming at the end of the year, but with Rodríguez-López he will begin work earlier.

“I've been with him before and he wants to migrate from music to cinema. I am not one of those [directors] who sends [the composer] the finished film, but rather from when the the script is being written, the music and the score are simultaneously put forward.

"Omar has known the script for a long time and you have to see the universe in which we are located, it is a story that is psychedelic, there is hallucination and everything fit together for him to be [the one]," says the filmmaker.

Rodríguez-López composed music for El bufalo de la noche, starring Diego Luna and has directed some feature films such as Los chidos and Amalia, the latter of which premiered at the UNAM International Film Festival (Ficunam) last year.

In Vienes de noche, Bernal (Monarca and El callejón de los milagros) will play the child's father, while Vega (Cuna de lobos and Lucía y el sexo) will play someone who lives nearby.

The child will be chosen soon through casting, without ruling out acting workshops [for the possibly untrained child actor].

“It is an exploration of childhood schizophrenia, the time when it is detected; this is a boy around 14 years old, and how can his father can relate to him.

"The idea to explore what family is made of, what it is, through lycanthropy", Michel Grau details.

The graduate of the Cinematographic Training Center has been with the project for nearly seven years, during which time he has already counted on a French company to lead international sales.

He contacted Vega before her launch on Televisa.

"We were in talks with her before they offered her something, now it's just checking dates, agendas, but she and Juan Manuel have been up there for a long time," emphasizes the filmmaker.

Vienes at night has the benefits of the Eficine, which allows legal entities to allocate 10% of their income tax to the shooting of national cinema.

#2 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4285 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:58 PM

arrest my father (he's a werewolf)

#3 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet