IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

(#022) Cizaña de los Amores2010/10/11 - Lisa Papineau, Ximena, Juan, Marcel

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#21 goliathsoctahedron

goliathsoctahedron

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 12-June 09

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:55 AM

Hmm. This is really good, depending how the last couple tracks are (still listening) this could be my favorite Omar album, and i havent said that in a while

#22 poega

poega

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Joined 19-September 09

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:12 AM

Now THIS is amazing. Really. Track 7 is amazing, hope to seem him to more work with Lisa. Ximena wasnt bad at all tho. Victimas and Carne de Perro are just jawdropping. Wish these songs were longer so bad. But who am I to complain, this is more than I dared to hope for (and as most other comateurs, my hopes were preeetty fucking high.) Then again, im at third listen only so I am definitely going to wait a bit to see how I define it altogether.

#23 Mroman56

Mroman56

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 22-April 09

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

No Hay Más Respuestas is a great song, although i loved it even more live at the Troubadour

Infiel Hasta La Muerte Favorite song on the album I love Ximena on this one, never disliked her to begin with i think she is awesome and is equally as awesome live.

Lisa on those two songs ... god she is great her voice really added to the vibe and is so soothing

Juan and Omar are again at their best again

Another great release by Omar i shall now save up money to get the vinyl!

#24 Theverminyouneed

Theverminyouneed

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2299 posts
  • Joined 02-December 07
  • Interests:everything and nothing
  • Facebook

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:33 AM

Really dig No Hay Más Respuestas.

me too.. Its nice to know its name finally. I was hooked after hearing it live, and was wondering what album it was from

#25 Theverminyouneed

Theverminyouneed

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2299 posts
  • Joined 02-December 07
  • Interests:everything and nothing
  • Facebook

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:36 AM

I love his new psychedelic-pop-noise-whatever style as much as I loved his psychedelic-jazz-noise era, but I'd love to see a combination of both. The last solo is as epic as Sangrando Detras de Los Ojos. I hate how it leaves you asking for more.

I totally agree.. i do miss his ol' wankery, but this new style is so fresh. This album seems so well put together.. like all the songs actually belong together instead of one or two that feel out of place, kinda like Xenophanes. Lisa also adds a lot to it with her sexyness.

I've really enjoyed that aspect of the last few albums in contrast to some of his earlier stuff that had some mismatched tracks

#26 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13611 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:38 AM

Infiel Hasta La Muerte sounds a lot like this song:

#27 crimsonKOOKS

crimsonKOOKS

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

anyone come up on a high res version of the artwork yet?? a good ol 1600x1600...
i guess Omar will be getting his hands on my $68 + dollars when i get Cizaña and Tychozorente on cd and vinyl this weekend, damn you Omar and you're awesome music

#28 Marsbag

Marsbag

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2446 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:42 AM

diggggggggggggggg.

#29 frantiqe

frantiqe

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 08-November 07

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:43 AM

anyone come up on a high res version of the artwork yet?? a good ol 1600x1600...

Here ya go:
http://img195.images...zlopezcizaa.jpg

And after multiple listens, this album is just amazing! Probably my favorite Omar release (along with Solar)

#30 Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite

Guaranteed Tremendous Safety

• Members
  • 7482 posts
  • Joined 15-August 05

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:44 AM

Just saw this posted by TMS on facebook. First song was amazing. Lisa P is really really good.

#31 crimsonKOOKS

crimsonKOOKS

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

i guess Omar will be getting his hands on my $68 + dollars when i get Cizaña and Tychozorente on cd and vinyl this weekend, damn you Omar and you're awesome music

Here ya go:
http://img195.images...zlopezcizaa.jpg

thank you kind sir or lady...

#32 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 13611 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

Just saw this posted by TMS on facebook. First song was amazing. Lisa P is really really good.

Haha that was me, I was surprised that no one else posted it there

#33 shouse

shouse

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 18-April 09

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

I put it up in the bandcamp as a bonus hi res file just now. If I didn't feel so rushed I would have remembered!!! Attached File  RLP013_cizano.jpg   1.72MB   74 downloads

#34 SoulRebel

SoulRebel

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • Joined 05-August 08

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

I put it up in the bandcamp as a bonus hi res file just now. If I didn't feel so rushed I would have remembered!!! Attached File  RLP013_cizano.jpg   1.72MB   74 downloads

:biggrin:

we're like you're bastard children <3

#35 crimsonKOOKS

crimsonKOOKS

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

thank you Ms. Pellow!!!

#36 Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite

• Members
  • 7482 posts
  • Joined 15-August 05

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:55 AM

3 songs in, i think its Omar's best solo album by far since se dice no bufalo. nothing has capture me like that album since this one.

#37 Erik_Gemini

Erik_Gemini

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 05-August 06

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

Hey, Cizana is a really good album!

Refreshing hear after not enjoying Tychozorente or that clip of TMV playing the other night where Cedric sounded like an old man in tight pants trying to cover Cotopaxi.

#38 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:06 AM

thank you Ms. Pellow!!!

it could be mrs. sosa if she'll accept my proposal.

#39 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:24 AM

i dont really like how Soledad Y Silencio is so eerie and then just suddenly stops. and the next song sounds totally different and funky. It doesnt really lead into it that well. but this album is so incredible. but wayyy too short

#40 Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite

• Members
  • 7482 posts
  • Joined 15-August 05

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

Lisa P>(recent)Cedric

and dare i say this is the best mixed omar album since frances?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users