IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Hooroo's rampageIt needs to be cleaned up or something.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 wariotaskforce

wariotaskforce

funposter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts
  • Joined 24-July 10
  • Interests:thimble dick

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

Don't kid yourself JefGuy, no one is going to be talking about The Mars Volta when this shit drops, unless they're talking about how the drop is shit.

#22 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9983 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

deep. :wink:

#23 J808BIT

J808BIT

I SMOKE CRACK

• Members
  • 10428 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08
  • Interests:cocaine.
  • Twitter

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

neo is dead because i never post here anymore. i shall breathe life into you. don't worry.

#24 Holly Money

Holly Money

#teamfuckyou

• Members
  • 14255 posts
  • Joined 10-November 08
  • Interests:tentacles

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:10 AM

i don't see how neotokyo's dead (talking before hooroo's hijack) there's a few main people who post there and that's the way it is...it's not dead...it's treading. i like it that way. that spur of activity practically gave me a rash

#25 adderas

adderas

RESIDENT BACKWARD FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN.

• Members
  • 6441 posts
  • Joined 23-November 09

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

I like the pace. Drop in every arvo, check in, move out.

#26 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

i don't see how neotokyo's dead (talking before hooroo's hijack) there's a few main people who post there and that's the way it is...it's not dead...it's treading. i like it that way. that spur of activity practically gave me a rash

This. I don't have to live on the internet to keep up with the conversation and remember who posts there frequently.

#27 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9983 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

but i don't know man is it physically possible to live on the internetZ?!

#28 ----

----

• Members
  • 9186 posts
  • Joined 16-December 07

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

chill dude.

having a board for people saying 'i like mulholland drive' is not the same as having a board for potheads going 'MARRIAGE WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AN AMERICAN? WHAT DOES THIS OR THAT MEAN?!?!? LET'S RAMBLE ON ABOUT 9/11 FOR THE ZILLIONTH TIME AND PRETEND LIKE WE KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING! AND BY THE WAY WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?!?!'. i see no big difference between that and hooroo going 'DO MOON ALIENS CONTROL THIS WORLD BY MEANS OF MIND ZEN?!' with the one difference that hooroo is funny and original and in a way poetic. while cut that city is just... lame.

Yeah, I will say that it's pretty annoying having these "what deep philosophical meaning is there to this political issue?" threads around. I hope that stops, because it only just started. But, part of it is that the CTC village idiot (like Hooroo but functional and therefore not even occasionally interesting) thinks he's a philosopher now that he's in his second year of a philosophy degree that he's probably going to drop in favor of some business or pre-something degree.

The only time I can remember going into Viewing Lens was when I started a thread about Charlie and Lola. I assume everyone there was far too highbrow to post anything.

#29 MarimbaNoise

MarimbaNoise

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts
  • Joined 04-November 10
  • Interests:Music, drums, books, films, sports aaaannnnddd.....beer

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

chill dude.

having a board for people saying 'i like mulholland drive' is not the same as having a board for potheads going 'MARRIAGE WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AN AMERICAN? WHAT DOES THIS OR THAT MEAN?!?!? LET'S RAMBLE ON ABOUT 9/11 FOR THE ZILLIONTH TIME AND PRETEND LIKE WE KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING! AND BY THE WAY WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?!?!'. i see no big difference between that and hooroo going 'DO MOON ALIENS CONTROL THIS WORLD BY MEANS OF MIND ZEN?!' with the one difference that hooroo is funny and original and in a way poetic. while cut that city is just... lame.

Yeah, I will say that it's pretty annoying having these "what deep philosophical meaning is there to this political issue?" threads around. I hope that stops, because it only just started. But, part of it is that the CTC village idiot (like Hooroo but functional and therefore not even occasionally interesting) thinks he's a philosopher now that he's in his second year of a philosophy degree that he's probably going to drop in favor of some business or pre-something degree.

The only time I can remember going into Viewing Lens was when I started a thread about Charlie and Lola. I assume everyone there was far too highbrow to post anything.

Posted Image

If your previous quote in my sig didn't make me laugh still; I'd change it to this. :laugh: :notworthy:

#30 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9983 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

or didn't have anything to say about it, because they hadn't seen it (like me) :wink:

i do see your point though. i hardly ever come to cut that city because most of the political issues are none of my business so i don't post there, i don't know much about politics stand alone american politics, i don't follow debates and whatnot so i know nothing. so who am i to say fuck it right? it was just those quasi philosophical threads that caught my attention lately, which was coincidentally just when i started to pay more attention to cut that city.

but if you say that those threads about the meaning of blabla are not the usual topics in cut that city, then that's that. viewing lens is not so highbrow as you think either though. it has its own guess the film quote thread, fav movie thread which is just a big list, and when people see a new movie they say so for others to know about it. people can give each other advice. just like in mumbling of citadels about music, just like in vondelpark about omar's solo stuff, just like in neotokyo about... turds and piss and stuff. yea.

#31 ----

----

• Members
  • 9186 posts
  • Joined 16-December 07

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Yeah, I guess I peek in there every once in a while but it always seems like "this film is no good because it's not Wes Anderson/ Kubrick/ Arronofsky/ whoever" like there's no such thing as a movie for entertainment. Maybe I just peeped the wrong threads.

And Hooroo, I have mixed feelings about your presence on NeoTokyo. seems to me sometimes you need to just chill brother, and things will start working better for you. But you do what you like. Half the time it's just my own bipolarity at play, anyway.

I really put that up there because I like how it combines Ginsberg and Franco, both of whom I like. Bi-winning.

#32 Egle

Egle

Phra-Men-Ma

• Members
  • 9845 posts
  • Joined 07-July 04
  • Interests:art, literature, music, philosophy, spirituality
  • Facebook

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Maybe I'm weird cuz I don't mind philosophical CTC threads. I mean, it's not like anybody that frequents CTC has any chance in hell of changing anybody else's views on any of the actual hot-button political issues as such. And I agree with Carl that a lot of the threads address issues I either don't have strong enough opinions on to bother discussing or just aren't things that interest me, so I just ignore them. And I do enjoy looking at the bigger picture around politics as-such at things like evolutionary psychology/group dynamics or philosophy/ideology or the effects of larger socio-historical-cultural trends on politics as-such. But then I read these posts and think of the threads I've started lately that nobody's replied to and worry I'm irritating people or they think I'm a pothead fucking up the forum or whatever rather than just not interested enough to bother replying.

But as for Hooroo, I do agree he would be well-served by working at improving his emotional stability and impulse control. But I do really love him and his threads often make me smile or at least think, and I like the flavor he brings to the board. He's a real character, in the best sense of the word.

#33 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Hooroo is the only person from the Coma who I took the time to explain and share with my friends.

#34 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6105 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hooroo is the only person from the Coma who I took the time to explain and share with my friends.

Same actually, I just recently started telling my friends about the coma and most of the time I centralize it around Hooroo and his badassery. I have one friend who currently has an account here for the sole purpose of reading Hooroo's rants.

Oh and Hooroo, I don't think I've ever said this to you directly, but you're a cool dude. Keep up the awesomeness.

#35 MarimbaNoise

MarimbaNoise

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts
  • Joined 04-November 10
  • Interests:Music, drums, books, films, sports aaaannnnddd.....beer

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

Same actually, I just recently started telling my friends about the coma and most of the time I centralize it around Hooroo and his badassery. I have one friend who currently has an account here for the sole purpose of reading Hooroo's rants.

Oh and Hooroo, I don't think I've ever said this to you directly, but you're a cool dude. Keep up the awesomeness.

Yeah. He's cool to you reading typed communication through a screen. You'd be singing a different tune if you had to see this fucker everyday. I've known schizophrenics before and have one in my family who I'm sure as shit glad lives 800 miles away.

#36 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6105 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

Yeah. He's cool to you reading typed communication through a screen. You'd be singing a different tune if you had to see this fucker everyday. I've known schizophrenics before and have one in my family who I'm sure as shit glad lives 800 miles away.

But I don't see him every day. I suppose I should have said "you're a cool dude but I don't know if I could handle your wacky antics in person on a day to day basis, but since we're on an online forum this isn't the case and therefore you're alright in my books" but it seems kind of unnecessary.

Thus I stand by my original statement.

#37 ----

----

• Members
  • 9186 posts
  • Joined 16-December 07

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

I guess that's my schtick, is that I imagine Hooroo as an actual presence and then his online presence melds with that and I end up calling him apeshit moonbat crazy.

#38 Egle

Egle

Phra-Men-Ma

• Members
  • 9845 posts
  • Joined 07-July 04
  • Interests:art, literature, music, philosophy, spirituality
  • Facebook

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:20 AM

Obviously I only know him online, but I honestly don't think Hooroo's schizophrenic as such. Maybe a bit further out in the schizotypal spectrum than most folks are, but from what I've seen of him he seems a lot like I was at his age, lots of similar issues to work through. We all have our challenges and eccentricities and baggage to deal with, but I strongly suspect he'll do just fine in time.

#39 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9983 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

Same actually

same.
except,
in fact, i also took the time once to explain fubar to a friend of mine. because of the starry bra incident. i used it as an example in a heated discussion about internet forums and the fact that it has its own humor that can't exist outside the internet, (memes and stuff). there i said it.

fuck you fubar. :biggrin:

#40 NOCTOURNICUNT

NOCTOURNICUNT

martin luther you're an angel

• Fairy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Joined 23-April 17

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users