IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Xiu Xiu- La Foretthoughts and opinions and discussions

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Artsy fartsy stuff, cryptozoology, montauk project, the silent hill series, experimental science, jamming in free jazz pick up bands, wearing funny hats, moogs, trying to con the manager at pizza hut into giving me their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Time arcade machine, surrealism, the avant garde in general, painting, turning that one cheapo delay pedal I have to max repeats then strike a single chord and watch the walls melt, trying to find out where the hole under my house goes, getting really drunk and arm wrestling at the shifty bar outside of work, most likely embarrasing myself in the process, crossbreeding vegetables, keeping the phone off the hook, collecting toasters and microwaves, talking to my burt reynolds like neighbor, hiding behind the waterfall in the summer only to jump out scaring the kids as they try to trespass on old man belinski's land so they can swim in that sweet sweet spot, talking about finishing my mural on the local High School's chemistry lab, never actually working on it though, jumping to conclusions, winning under suspicious circumstances, faking my death, listening to Bill Cosby records

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:51 AM

My opinion? It's ok at best, I don't like it as much as Fabulous Muscles and I don't really like anything else he's done.

It sounds like a fleshed out Fag Patrol.

#2 Direction

Direction

RIP Isaak Breen 2001-2008

• Members
  • 20545 posts
  • Joined 04-October 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:52 AM

oh shit when did this come out?

#3 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Artsy fartsy stuff, cryptozoology, montauk project, the silent hill series, experimental science, jamming in free jazz pick up bands, wearing funny hats, moogs, trying to con the manager at pizza hut into giving me their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Time arcade machine, surrealism, the avant garde in general, painting, turning that one cheapo delay pedal I have to max repeats then strike a single chord and watch the walls melt, trying to find out where the hole under my house goes, getting really drunk and arm wrestling at the shifty bar outside of work, most likely embarrasing myself in the process, crossbreeding vegetables, keeping the phone off the hook, collecting toasters and microwaves, talking to my burt reynolds like neighbor, hiding behind the waterfall in the summer only to jump out scaring the kids as they try to trespass on old man belinski's land so they can swim in that sweet sweet spot, talking about finishing my mural on the local High School's chemistry lab, never actually working on it though, jumping to conclusions, winning under suspicious circumstances, faking my death, listening to Bill Cosby records

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:55 AM

The internet apparently got it yesterday.

#4 Direction

Direction

RIP Isaak Breen 2001-2008

• Members
  • 20545 posts
  • Joined 04-October 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:56 AM

im looking now but i havent come across it as yet

#5 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:59 AM

It was on indietorrents

and slsk

#6 Limits are Lies

Limits are Lies

buzz saw sex organism

• Members
  • 32098 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:12 AM

yousendit, holmes.

give it to me. as individual songs.

yeah, do that.

#7 hijackthedisco

hijackthedisco

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Joined 11-December 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:23 AM

My opinion?  It's ok at best, I don't like it as much as Fabulous Muscles and I don't really like anything else he's done.

It sounds like a fleshed out Fag Patrol.

View Post

#8 fatty_pads

fatty_pads

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts
  • Joined 10-August 03
  • Interests:playing music, listening to music, skateboaring

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

he hasn't disappointed me yet, but i looked for this last night and couldn't find it. oh well, waiting is not that bad.

#9 miningclouds

miningclouds

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3323 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:36 PM

I once gave one track a minute listen and promptly deleted it from my computer.

Can anyone recommend some songs for a total Xiu Xiu noob?

#10 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:41 PM

That's a stupid way of listening to an album, regardless of who the artist is.

http://s18.yousendit...9D2GUY60HB3YTAH

Clover

#11 fatty_pads

fatty_pads

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts
  • Joined 10-August 03
  • Interests:playing music, listening to music, skateboaring

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:42 PM

i luv the valley, OH!
ceremony

ceremony's a cover of a joy division song... i think those are the most accessible and everyone seem's to like i luv the valley, oh!

#12 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

http://s18.yousendit...NM2ROB0LE7L7UTU

Muppet Face

#13 Limits are Lies

Limits are Lies

buzz saw sex organism

• Members
  • 32098 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:52 PM

well, you're just coming through today...

i'm leaning toward accepting your trade advance.

it would make us like brothers.

#14 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:53 PM

http://s18.yousendit...IV10TAY2F0I3UIN

Mousey Toy

I think it's a pretty fair trade.

#15 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:59 PM

http://s18.yousendit...EB3A7G6D6TB9I1G

Pox

#16 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:19 PM

http://s18.yousendit...TX2VGC3SRWQMP8P

Baby Captain

#17 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

http://s18.yousendit...ER1UOEWLG8IDKF6

Saturn

I'm leaving for work in a second, I don't know if I can get anymore.

#18 miningclouds

miningclouds

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3323 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

That's a stupid way of listening to an album, regardless of who the artist is.

http://s18.yousendit...9D2GUY60HB3YTAH

Clover

View Post

Yeah, I know - but it was a real "fuck this can't possibly get better that this piece of shit minute" situation. Now I'm thinking I was being a little harsh. So I'll give it another shot, cheers.

#19 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

http://s18.yousendit...3M0FI365AIAREBJ

Bog People, and adios. I'm sure someone else will find the rest.

#20 oloz

oloz

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined 28-November 03

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

http://s48.yousendit...XO2SXZYBERIZ0SH

Dangerous You Shouldn't Be Here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users