IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

ZAVALAZCedric Bixler Zavala, Dan Elkan, Greg Rogove & Juan Alderete.

• Please log in to reply
2252 replies to this topic

#2241 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3035 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

yeah he's not on aranas. i think the only things he's on are SNIL and solid state, on those jam tracks. cedric should just get omar to redo the bass parts

Juan is almost definitely on a couple of tracks on both Aranas and Cell Phone Bikini. We have discussed this quite a bit in respective album threads, if you know his bass tone you can't mistake him for any other bassist.

#2242 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5693 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

Pretty sure the Aranas bass and drums were, at least in parts, recorded on a live track too.

#2243 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4667 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:58 AM

I still can't quite believe that Omar went out of his way to rerecord Juan's parts from a live recording, but well there you go.

I don't blame Omar for wanting to get the truest possible representations of his songs out there. It's likely those Vato negro songs started as bass lines, so it makes sense that he would give them special attention. However I will agree, listening back, the bass sounds a little "lost" at points, probably because it was pasted on after the fact, and the drumming isn't exactly easy to follow. But we don't have the original to compare it to (in good quality). For all we know the soundboard audio of the bass was f'ed up, and this is the only reason it isn't there.

#2244 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3792 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

I still can't quite believe that Omar went out of his way to rerecord Juan's parts from a live recording, but well there you go.

I don't blame Omar for wanting to get the truest possible representations of his songs out there. It's likely those Vato negro songs started as bass lines, so it makes sense that he would give them special attention. However I will agree, listening back, the bass sounds a little "lost" at points, probably because it was pasted on after the fact, and the drumming isn't exactly easy to follow. But we don't have the original to compare it to (in good quality). For all we know the soundboard audio of the bass was f'ed up, and this is the only reason it isn't there.

idk about that vato negro comment, namely because of the similarity between uno and that first track from the 2010 metamorphose show. it seems very omar, i wouldnt be surprised if that record stemmed from jams between the three of them or some kind of collaborative process. i do agree that the bass sounds off or something on cthp

#2245 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4429 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:57 AM

https://www.instagra...d=1c8qsqz3rvmok

not zavalaz but solo cedric album with deantoni?

" Instrumental version of a record with the amazing @cedric_bixler_zavala_ , and more that I’ll be releasing soon!"

#2246 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5693 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:02 PM

Hot shit my dudes.

#2247 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4429 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

https://www.instagra.../p/BuW3hd2AEiQ/

cedric playing guitar. "Be nice to Sparta they’re good people."

maybe 2019 is when omar and cedric are doing their solo stuff?

#2248 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3792 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:06 PM

damn wish there was an archive of the show somewhere. guess we'll have to wait and pray. i hope it makes it out eventually. im still waiting on that WADA noctourniquet remix album

#2249 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4429 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:09 AM

damn wish there was an archive of the show somewhere. guess we'll have to wait and pray. i hope it makes it out eventually. im still waiting on that WADA noctourniquet remix album

Which show?

#2250 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • 4667 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:37 AM

https://www.instagra...d=1c8qsqz3rvmok

not zavalaz but solo cedric album with deantoni?

" Instrumental version of a record with the amazing @cedric_bixler_zavala_ , and more that I’ll be releasing soon!"

That Cedric/Deantoni album is the one unreleased project fans have consistently overlooked. Which is interesting, because I get the feeling that it might be more significant than we presume...

#2251 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5693 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:16 PM

Instrumental version of a record with Cedric = I've taken Cedric's vocals off it, so it's instrumental and technically just D, but you know.

#2252 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2956 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:18 PM

Does this mean Cedric has vocals on it and D took them out? Or there’s only an instrumental version available and Cedric was like here D, just do what you want with it cuz I gots no plans to sing over it or release it..

#2253 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4429 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:12 PM

Instrumental version of a record with Cedric = I've taken Cedric's vocals off it, so it's instrumental and technically just D, but you know.

do you think cedric only sang on it if its a solo album? i think that's not necesarilly the case

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users