IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

ZAVALAZCedric Bixler Zavala, Dan Elkan, Greg Rogove & Juan Alderete.

• Please log in to reply
2252 replies to this topic

#41 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Idk Omar gets all the publicity with this solo career. Cedric's might tap into that ATDI crowd a little more.

They'll both be amazing albums and I can't wait for the music of 2013

#42 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11893 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I think Bosnian Rainbows will sell more regardless because it can be marketed to Volta, Omar, Lebutcherettes, and Dark Angels fans.

#43 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I think Bosnian Rainbows will sell more regardless because it can be marketed to Volta, Omar, Lebutcherettes, and Dark Angels fans.

i reckon that will be a small percentage! i see this gathering many new fans, new to omar and new to everyone else in the group. i hear they're looking at major labels for this stuff.

#44 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7669 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

^BR or Cedric?

#45 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

They need to hurry up and put out a second CD already. The world waits for no man!

#46 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

^BR or Cedric?

bosnian rainbows!

#47 Kazza3

Kazza3

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2174 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Also, BR have been touring the hell out of their stuff, I mean, they're still not well known obviously, but there's relatively widespread knowledge of them in the fanbase, whereas I'm not sure how well known it is outside of the online 'stalk everything Cedric and Omar do' community that Cedric's doing a solo album/s. Could be wrong, though.

And as for the major label idea, pretty sure Cathy has said the album's coming out through SH.

#48 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Also, BR have been touring the hell out of their stuff, I mean, they're still not well known obviously, but there's relatively widespread knowledge of them in the fanbase, whereas I'm not sure how well known it is outside of the online 'stalk everything Cedric and Omar do' community that Cedric's doing a solo album/s. Could be wrong, though.

And as for the major label idea, pretty sure Cathy has said the album's coming out through SH.

Really hope it comes out on SH, I can't recall her saying that though...

#49 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

It would be crazy to see BR get mainstream exposure. Obviously it's not gonna happen, but can you even plausibly imagine how awkward/cool it would be if they had the same success as Deloused did? Talk about backwards-universe.

#50 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

It would be crazy to see BR get mainstream exposure. Obviously it's not gonna happen, but can you even plausibly imagine how awkward/cool it would be if they had the same success as Deloused did? Talk about backwards-universe.

I actually listened to the Masterpiece that De-loused is last night with my studio headphones.. i had never actually realized how much better the sound manipulations and field recordings are, as opposed to Frances. Jeremy gels everything perfectly together as a single vision.. Anyways, yeah it would be really awesome to see Bosnian Rainbows get decent exposure, if anyone deserves the fame and fortune, it's someone like Omar.

#51 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Really hope it comes out on SH, I can't recall her saying that though...

she never said that. i've been told they're shopping it around a bit, because they are aiming a bit bigger than sargent house could provide.

#52 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I actually listened to the Masterpiece that De-loused is last night with my studio headphones.. i had never actually realized how much better the sound manipulations and field recordings are, as opposed to Frances. Jeremy gels everything perfectly together as a single vision.. Anyways, yeah it would be really awesome to see Bosnian Rainbows get decent exposure, if anyone deserves the fame and fortune, it's someone like Omar.

Just listened to Deloused on good speakers for the first time in ages, must say I agree. Something I noticed for the first time was the snap delay on Cedric's vocals in the verses of.. I wanna say Roulette Dares but it might've been Cicatriz...

#53 HarmoniousPolarity

HarmoniousPolarity

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 19-January 12
  • Interests:.MUSIC.
  • Facebook

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Just listened to Deloused on good speakers for the first time in ages, must say I agree. Something I noticed for the first time was the snap delay on Cedric's vocals in the verses of.. I wanna say Roulette Dares but it might've been Cicatriz...

It Dosen't Really Matter Who Sells More Records Unless The Artist Has Gone Pendejo Like That but Really ... Bosnian Rainbows Can Continue to Tour Over Seas Because Mexico and The USA Realize The Music Sucks and TERI GENDER BENDER Needs to Form a Group of Her Own - HER FREAKIN' VOICE CAN HANDLE HER OWN!

but In Reality I'm Super Super Stoked For Credrics Solo Album Because It Just Plain Sounds HONEST. I'de Put My Money Down For That Album Anytime Over BR.

#54 swisa112

swisa112

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Joined 01-May 12

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

I really don't know if it's really from the album, but worth checking out.

#55 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7669 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well, it really does sound like Cedric! Sounds nice. :smile:

#56 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I really don't know if it's really from the album, but worth checking out.

It is from the album.. i remember seeing a studio clip with them playing this. perrrty. Hopefully it drops soon

#57 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6855 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

It is, I'm the one that ripped that clip. It came from a video Cedric posted himself a while ago, but I ripped it from the site because for some reason he posted it on a site with horrendous load times.

#58 Vismund b

Vismund b

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1284 posts
  • Joined 05-December 07

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

how about an I Love Cedric bump?

#59 MixmasterMatt

MixmasterMatt

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I've heard most of Ceds new album. It's amazing. The clip above is a good take on the vibe of the record. There are crazy vocal harmonies all over the place. It is a beautiful, lush album. Can't wait for you guys to hear it...

#60 Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man

POWDERED.TOAST.MAN

• Members
  • 11488 posts
  • Joined 20-February 10
  • Twitter

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Way, way more excited about this than Bosnian Rainbows. I will listen to both with open ears and an open mind, but Ceddy Bear's newest stuff interests me way more than Bromar's. Now I never thought I'd say that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users