IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
4233 replies to this topic

#4221 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Yesterday, 06:55 PM

Really why cant they go with:

Cedric
Omar
Marcel
Marfred
Riko
Deantoni

???

#4222 issordni

issordni

Goliath

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4804 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Cats and foxes.

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 PM

They should do a billy corgan pumpkins ting and hire a bunch of kids like half their age who do twitter auditions or something. Or just come out, the o and c, to a backing track on a sony discman, and tell jokes and amusing volter anecdotes between karaoke versions. Or just use holograms and video screens of their former band members, who weren't asked, didn't sign release forms for that and then want their money, thus killing dur marrs volter again again.

It actually bores me. I'd rather they did something brand new and supercool, than recycling dead bands on cynical two year cycles and festival circuits.

#4223 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 PM

It actually bores me. I'd rather they did something brand new and supercool, than recycling dead bands on cynical two year cycles and festival circuits.

If I had to guess, this is why Jon doesn't want to be involved. Honestly wouldn't be mad if they got Blake Fleming.

#4224 still

still

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-April 18

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

Omar and Cedric should start a podcast called The Mars Volta where they talk shit every week and have people like Jon and Eva on as guests and make prank calls to Juan and shit. After all, it's 2018 and nobody listens to music anymore.

#4225 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1276 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 PM

This.  All day long. 

#4226 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

like... antemasque? really, guys they didn't even reunite and you're starting this "hurr durr" yourselves. this is the mars volta forum. how come a TMV forum not want for TMV to reunite? You don't know the lineup, what they're going to play and what the new album will sound like and you're already judging it. So if Jon was in it you wouldn't call it a dead band and it would be actually be something new??? I think it'd be the opposite unfortunately...

Seriously though, They should hire unknown guys with Jon, Juan and Ikey cardboard masks. "TRUE FANZ" will be pleased and won't notice

#4227 still

still

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-April 18

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

how come a TMV forum not want for TMV to reunite?

Because TMV used to be about the unusual.

#4228 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1276 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

This.

#4229 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2943 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM

Omar and Cedric should start a podcast called The Mars Volta where they talk shit every week and have people like Jon and Eva on as guests and make prank calls to Juan and shit. After all, it's 2018 and nobody listens to music anymore.

i'd like to see them do something along the lines of this new flaming lips song by song breakdown podcast, but they've never been that open about the process

#4230 still

still

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-April 18

Posted Today, 12:19 AM

I'm sure Cedric would do it, especially if it pays well. For Omar to join, it would require some narrative about it being part of the process of opening up to the world, strengthen his bond with a close friend, tapping into the creative dimension in previously untrodden paths, experiencing the nakedness of exposing yourself in front of an audience, to ultimately be a more complete person and closer to god.

Also, fresh "O's dick on..." material for Patreon subscribers!

#4231 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Today, 05:03 AM

how do you know TMV will be usual??? in fact TMV still doesn't exist, how can you judge what you have not heard and or/seen. Would it be "UNUSUAL" only if Jon returned??? this is ridiculous. O&C didnt do anything at all yet and you guys are already criticizing. Unusual also doesnt depend on the lineup. You dont think they can make unusual with deantoni? I just feel like Omar finally found the perfect drummer

#4232 zilla333

zilla333

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Joined 14-April 14

Posted Today, 06:50 AM

I hope it's Dean on drums and they just pick up where they left off. Cedric probably can't sing much pre Nocto. So write a new album and primarily tour that and Nocto

I love Jon and would be 100% cool with him being back. but I really don't want to hear all those old deloused songs again. it's not going to sound as good.

New stuff please

#4233 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Today, 07:02 AM

i'd rather want them to play at least one song from every album + new stuff

#4234 natedog807

natedog807

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2874 posts
  • Joined 11-April 11
  • Interests:I wanted to edit this, but this just seems like a lot of work. I need to do my English essay and study for my Econ final

Posted Today, 09:30 AM

how do you know TMV will be usual??? in fact TMV still doesn't exist, how can you judge what you have not heard and or/seen. Would it be "UNUSUAL" only if Jon returned??? this is ridiculous. O&C didnt do anything at all yet and you guys are already criticizing. Unusual also doesnt depend on the lineup. You dont think they can make unusual with deantoni? I just feel like Omar finally found the perfect drummer

To be fair, the ATDI reunion wasn’t anything incredible. They’re just lackadaisically doing their own thing and I’m happy they’re able to do so and make money off of it. But if there’s any correlation to that and this resurgence of Volta, then it would be at least reasonable to not have high hopes and just see what happens. Honestly they haven’t made anything mind-blowing since 2012 and that’s being a lik generous to Noctorniquet, though I was in 8th grade at the time. 2012 solo Omar was pretty fucking great though, I’ve always said that could’ve been stellar with Cedric writing and performing vox

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users