IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

animal collectivejoin me...joiiiin me..

• Please log in to reply
2622 replies to this topic

#2621 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:16 PM

I think Fall Be Kind is there last good effort.  Wasn't a big fan of Centipede Hz.  I liked Painting With, but it just didn't have IT like mostly everything before FBK.

#2622 Petra

Petra

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:15 PM

When I listen to Centipede Hz I feel like a pinball bouncing around in a pinball machine. It's a wild ride.

#2623 Carmen1993

Carmen1993

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 15-June 13
  • Interests:Have you seen the gnome?

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

I used to love AC. Can't listen to 'em anymore. Strikes me as naive, sophomoric, pretentious. Panda Bear's solo stuff on the other hand is gold. Maybe I should give their recent stuff a listen. Basically stopped after Fall Be Kind.

I could argue with their early breakouts, through feels/sung tongs/strawberry you may be right, but with mpp and on theyd matured into a power house psych outfit... zeitgeist has moved so far away from both freak folk and psychedelic they're one of many 00s indie acts that were left behind. I liked someones comparison of Painting With to the Beach Boys Surf's Up. in '71 they were like that lame ass boy band is still doing its thing? while its one of their best little works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users