IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

King Crimsonyour favourite album?

• Please log in to reply
2487 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favourite KC album? (209 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favourite KC album?

1. In The Court Of The Crimson King (69 votes [34.85%])

Percentage of vote: 34.85%

2. In The Wake Of Poseidon (3 votes [1.52%])

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

3. Lizard (6 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

4. Islands (7 votes [3.54%])

Percentage of vote: 3.54%

5. Larks\' Tongues In Aspic (22 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

6. Starless And Bible Black (7 votes [3.54%])

Percentage of vote: 3.54%

7. Red (55 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

8. Discipline (13 votes [6.57%])

Percentage of vote: 6.57%

9. Beat (6 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

10. Three Of A Perfect Pair (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Vrooom (1 votes [0.51%])

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

12. Thrak (4 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

13. The ConstruKtion Of Light (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

14. The Power To Believe (5 votes [2.53%])

Percentage of vote: 2.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#2481 still

still

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 15-April 18

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

Fripp should join The New Mars Volta with Tony Hajjar while Omar replaces him in King Crimson.

#2482 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3133 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

Fripp should join The New Mars Volta with Tony Hajjar while Omar replaces him in King Crimson.

I'd be fine with that.

#2483 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3839 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:10 AM

Some guys on reddit noticed that "interlude" is actually very old. It appears live and on nashville rehearsals 1997
https://youtube.com/...&v=sGxVxP682Bs#
3:25

3:36 from "split hands" on nashville rehearsals which in itself is an early version of larks 4.

This makes me think that elektrik would really fit this lineup with intro flute midi guitars replaced by actual flutes

#2484 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

in•ter a•li•a•moms

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5522 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me be about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Some guys on reddit noticed that "interlude" is actually very old. It appears live and on nashville rehearsals 1997

3:36 from "split hands" on nashville rehearsals which in itself is an early version of larks 4.

This makes me think that elektrik would really fit this lineup with intro flute midi guitars replaced by actual flutes

Elektrik would work great in this line-up.  Lot of intertwining parts that would meld perfectly with such a large line-up.  

I'm not a huge fan of Belew vocals in the double duo era, but the instrumentals are spot on, Elektrik, Dangerous Curves, Larks 4 & 5, Construkction part 1 

#2485 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2598 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

Elektrik would work great in this line-up. Lot of intertwining parts that would meld perfectly with such a large line-up.

I'm not a huge fan of Belew vocals in the double duo era, but the instrumentals are spot on, Elektrik, Dangerous Curves, Larks 4 & 5, Construkction part 1
Electrik could be good with this lineup....would be curious!

I’m not the biggest Adrian below guy, but that said this lineups takes on indiscipline and neurotica are excellent and two songs I find myself listening to much more than I did in the past. Construction of light the song.....never did much for me and still does not.

That said, I could see Jakko vocally tackling dinosaur, that might work.

Who knows what they’ll add next???? I mean who honestly thought cadence and bolero were gonna appear in the 2018 tour, but here we are! Imagine there will be more new additions come fall tour time...

#2486 radiognome

radiognome

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 09-April 14

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:02 PM

Jakko doing Belew just doesn't work for me. I'd take Belew in the band over Jakko anyday for anything after Red.

Jakko is kind of a first-name last-name, and thats what Fripp probably wanted. Can do decent versions of all the earlier vocalists but really doesn't add anything special.

#2487 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3839 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:46 PM

Best way would be them both being in the band. Either playing together at the same time with Jakko singing 1969-1974 stuff and doing backing vox on belew tunes or them just doing 2 sets with different vocalists and doing schizoid man and elephant talk as encore with both of them

#2488 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2598 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

Best way would be them both being in the band. Either playing together at the same time with Jakko singing 1969-1974 stuff and doing backing vox on belew tunes or them just doing 2 sets with different vocalists and doing schizoid man and elephant talk as encore with both of them

Jakko, Adrian, and Fripp in the band at once.....3 guitarists going at it?!?!?! Then again, 3 drummers seemed insane until they started performing and dammit it made sense. If you’re gonna have all 3 players, I’d say have them out there on all songs, no sense in swapping band members out and keeping them on the bench for a set while other people play.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users