IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Omar Solo Album LibraryA work in progress

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#21 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4432 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:48 AM

I don't the problem is so much getting the music to people, as there are numerous ways to get it, as it is having a record of all his albums for public posterity. What would be really sweet is if someone set up a website that fulfills the exact same function as Omar's old bandcamp: all the albums, credits, artwork etc. in chronological order and easily accessible. You could even ask for donations and give the money to charity (like that Save the Music foundation that ORL+JF album went to). I don't think there would be anything wrong with doing that. The demand is there and it's not like Omar is doing anything with those albums.

#22 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:01 AM

I'll upload them. Give me a few minutes.

EDIT: Do I post the link here or do I PM peeps??

I would appreciate if you could PM me. :smile:

#23 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:06 AM

I don't the problem is so much getting the music to people, as there are numerous ways to get it, as it is having a record of all his albums for public posterity. What would be really sweet is if someone set up a website that fulfills the exact same function as Omar's old bandcamp: all the albums, credits, artwork etc. in chronological order and easily accessible. You could even ask for donations and give the money to charity (like that Save the Music foundation that ORL+JF album went to). I don't think there would be anything wrong with doing that. The demand is there and it's not like Omar is doing anything with those albums.

This. Minus the donations. I would gladly just spend the money for the web hosting. This is about managing Omar's freakish discography which at this point he might not even be capable of doing. I am willing to bet someone else was in charge of the old bandcamp and who knows what has happened since then.

Also, if/when Omar does decide to re-upload everything, I would respect his authority over digital distribution and take the site down.

#24 ballsmcgrath

ballsmcgrath

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts
  • Joined 17-October 10

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

What was the s/t omar did that had ced on vocals? I think it had orlando bloom too. Looking for those songs with ced or is that the burning s/t?

#25 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:23 AM

I don't think a version of 'Healing Song' has been leaked/released with Cedric on vocals... which sucks because Orlando is awful on it. The other track is 1p1swfb (or something like that) has been posted about awhile back. I'll see if I still have it.

#26 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

What was the s/t omar did that had ced on vocals? I think it had orlando bloom too. Looking for those songs with ced or is that the burning s/t?

#27 ballsmcgrath

ballsmcgrath

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts
  • Joined 17-October 10

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

Thank you. I'm thinking of making a bside album that has ced on vocals.

I know we have those 3 tracks from the leaked b sides, cradle of fuses, plague, the tracks from missing chromo, and was there anything else?

#28 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:31 AM

I'd love to have a b-side album like that. I could just make a playlist with them but if you can do that, I'd really appreciate it.

#29 ballsmcgrath

ballsmcgrath

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts
  • Joined 17-October 10

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:32 AM

I'd love to have a b-side album like that. I could just make a playlist with them but if you can do that, I'd really appreciate it.

I'll do it tomorrow (about 7hrs from now. Gotta sleep) and post it. I just don't wanna forget anything.

#30 TL_

TL_

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2448 posts
  • Joined 11-October 10

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

Maybe the money could actually make it to the charity this time.

#31 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

Did Cathy (or whoever) not send it to the foundation then?

#32 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6791 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

I don't think a version of 'Healing Song' has been leaked/released with Cedric on vocals... which sucks because Orlando is awful on it. The other track is 1p1swfb (or something like that) has been posted about awhile back. I'll see if I still have it.

Yeah it's a major bummer that The Healing Song with Cedric was never released.  I can imagine him killing it on that track.  The soundtrack probably would've gotten way more sales if it had the original Volta versions too.  I don't get it.

#33 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2967 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

No need to make a new site since there's already The Marble Shrine.

(about time it was properly updated, too)

#34 Sorrki

Sorrki

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Interests:Music, Drums, Books, Movies.
  • Twitter

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

I'll upload them. Give me a few minutes.

EDIT: Do I post the link here or do I PM peeps??

Is the Buffalo soundtrack just the audio (including dialogue and background noises) rip from the dvd or from another source?

#35 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

No need to make a new site since there's already The Marble Shrine.

(about time it was properly updated, too)

Hahaha. The songs open with songify and they all say "Sorry, this track or album could not be loaded".

No, this is not an acceptable solution.

#36 swisa112

swisa112

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Joined 01-May 12

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

I have Corzon De Nadie and Un Escorpio on a CD. If necessary, PM me.

#37 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

Yeah it's a major bummer that The Healing Song with Cedric was never released.  I can imagine him killing it on that track.  The soundtrack probably would've gotten way more sales if it had the original Volta versions too.  I don't get it.

Completely agree with you!! Doesn't make sense, at all. 

#38 issordni

issordni

Goliath

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4768 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Cats and foxes.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

Sorry but http://ohdearairstri...k/orlando-bloom

#39 Joel___SMEGMA

Joel___SMEGMA

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Joined 02-April 07

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

Thank you. I'm thinking of making a bside album that has ced on vocals.
I know we have those 3 tracks from the leaked b sides, cradle of fuses, plague, the tracks from missing chromo, and was there anything else?

Love those leaked songs! especially the ones with vocals!!

Can add the 2007/8 covers and that punkish cover to that too.

#40 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:04 PM

Question for everyone. I am debating what standard encoding to use for the website I am working on. How does 192 kbps MP3 sound? Would that be acceptable for the actual files that I plan to have direct HTML 5 audio links for? It's either that or ogg vorbis. The intention is to keep the size to a minimum while maintaining a good degree of quality and that seemed like a good compromise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users