IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Omar Solo Album LibraryA work in progress

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13396 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:09 AM

Question for everyone. I am debating what standard encoding to use for the website I am working on. How does 192 kbps MP3 sound? Would that be acceptable for the actual files that I plan to have direct HTML 5 audio links for? It's either that or ogg vorbis. The intention is to keep the size to a minimum while maintaining a good degree of quality and that seemed like a good compromise.

v0

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

#42 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

in•ter a•li•a•moms

• Party Members
  • 5523 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me be about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:39 AM

lol ogg vorbis.  Is that a thing still?

#43 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:38 AM

Ok guys. This is definitely going to take me some time considering I am basically building the site from scratch, but here is a preview of what is to come.

http://www.leakyfaucet.us/despair.htm

It obviously still needs work, but I wanted to prove that I am seriously doing this.

#44 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4489 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:12 AM

Ha, nice title.

#45 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

Ha, nice title.

In all seriousness it's actually an incredibly appropriate title. Here is the Omar quote that is going on the home page.

"It's like a faucet. Things are just coming out all the time and I have nothing else to do except put them down and document them. I'm putting buckets under the sink and it's leaking everywhere and I catch what I can."

Right so for those unfamiliar with HTML 5 audio, you can right click on the little audio player and save each file individually. For any other page that accepts HTML 5 audio, you can also link to it directly, the same way you would an image file.

The coma has an awesome flash player that automatically will create an interface, like below.

#46 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:34 AM

My only worry is that Omar's legal team will come down hard on you. God speed!

#47 issordni

issordni

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4952 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Cats and foxes.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:36 AM

Omar affording a legal team to shut down free promotion of his music, Cedric having to crowd-fund Zavalaz. Go figure.

#48 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

If someone close to team Omar contacts me and tells me to take it all down, legal precedent or not, I would abide by their wishes. God only knows who has the distribution rights these days. And this really gets back to my point. It's a gigantic mess right now. Albums are scattered all over digital download sites, physical copies are practically gone. It makes almost zero sense to attempt to control distribution of his music any more.

#49 TL_

TL_

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2464 posts
  • Joined 11-October 10

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

Ok guys. This is definitely going to take me some time considering I am basically building the site from scratch, but here is a preview of what is to come.

It obviously still needs work, but I wanted to prove that I am seriously doing this.

I recommend adding preload attributes to all the audio tags and setting it to none. No need to download all the audio files on page load.

#50 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:15 AM

N2o (record label) will most definitely come at you to take down Calibration. They are very litigious. Years back when Myspace was cool, they sent me the nastiest email to take down a track that I had uploaded to an Omar music page I created. Very mean spirited and threatening a lawsuit.

#51 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:24 AM

I recommend adding preload attributes to all the audio tags and setting it to none. No need to download all the audio files on page load.

Good call. I will do that tomorrow.

N2o (record label) will most definitely come at you to take down Calibration. They are very litigious. Years back when Myspace was cool, they sent me the nastiest email to take down a track that I had uploaded to an Omar music page I created. Very mean spirited and threatening a lawsuit.

I will keep this in mind.

#52 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 13396 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

Omar's legal team

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

#53 swisa112

swisa112

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Joined 01-May 12

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

Is it 320kbps?

#54 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

©ubic litre

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

Awesome. Thanks in advance!

All my Omar solo material was accidentally deleted when I transfered files off my now dead laptop. Also, lost my iPod that had all those files, so I've been without anything as of a few months ago.

#55 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

I think this is great!

#56 bronxblanco1

bronxblanco1

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

Dear John,

Looking great!!!

#57 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

Is it 320kbps?

Everything is going to be in 192 kbps. I thought it would be a good compromise between size and quality.

#58 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

Home page is now up...

www.leakyfaucet.us

It currently has everything up to and including Despair in the order of when the albums were released. So about a third of the way through. This is a very time consuming process.

Let me know if anything is broken, other than the links to the albums I have not put up to the site yet.

#59 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3076 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:01 AM

great, needed work. you should have some empty spaces in honor of the paranoid theory that space=new albums coming

#60 dytar

dytar

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 03-September 10

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

If someone close to team Omar contacts me and tells me to take it all down, legal precedent or not, I would abide by their wishes. God only knows who has the distribution rights these days. And this really gets back to my point. It's a gigantic mess right now. Albums are scattered all over digital download sites, physical copies are practically gone. It makes almost zero sense to attempt to control distribution of his music any more.

You also said in the first post : "perhaphs we have to do this for Omar" or a stuff like that... And finally, you are leaking this in 192 mp3 bitrate ? I think Omar has to delete this, just because this format is totally indecent and the russian stuff is in flac... Also, why Omar don't do this if he needs this ? You are doing this only for you and only for people who want an audio library for discover the song "encyclopedically".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users