IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Tera MelosX'ed Out available now!

• Please log in to reply
1274 replies to this topic

#41 shodty

shodty

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2292 posts
  • Joined 03-August 04

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

download drugs to the dear youth as mp3's here: http://lunaticfringe...sic/Tera Melos/

avi of springman records posted that link so it's legit

edit: but don't pirate their self-titled LP

#42 Zopwx2

Zopwx2

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2631 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:41 PM

I just saw them open live for Portugal. The Man and The Fall of Troy (who were both awesome).

I had to have been the only one who liked tera melos in the whole room. Literally it was just a room full of scene kids just staring and not knowing what to do.

The guitarist gave me the impression that he was on something but it could have just been an act. I thought they were pretty intersting, their drummer was pretty good. The only song I remember then giving a title for was "disneyland"?

#43 lot6

lot6

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 10-March 05
  • Interests:drums, chicks, food, music, writing, drugs

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:13 AM

Im seeing them on Feb. 11th with The Fall Of Troy, Damiera, and Portugal. The Man. This is gonna be tight as FUCK

#44 thefierceface

thefierceface

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 22-January 07

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:42 AM

I just saw them open live for Portugal. The Man and The Fall of Troy (who were both awesome).

I had to have been the only one who liked tera melos in the whole room. Literally it was just a room full of scene kids just staring and not knowing what to do.

The guitarist gave me the impression that he was on something but it could have just been an act. I thought they were pretty intersting, their drummer was pretty good. The only song I remember then giving a title for was "disneyland"?

Never on something. No drugs. No drinking. Seriously.

Hardest working band I know.

#45 shodty

shodty

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2292 posts
  • Joined 03-August 04

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

i doubt it. the guitarist does so much at once i don't think he could pull it off if he was on drugs.

zop, did they use that quote about ice cream during their set?

#46 Zopwx2

Zopwx2

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2631 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:57 AM

i doubt it. the guitarist does so much at once i don't think he could pull it off if he was on drugs.

zop, did they use that quote about ice cream during their set?

I can't recall anything about ice cream, but I definately heard the looney tunes theme. They had a sort of hella-esque math rock thing going on but with more ambient stuff going on in between.

And I couldn't tell if Damiera was making fun of tera melos later on, even though their music was pretty generic.

#47 Vairiant

Vairiant

I like my pockets fat not flat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6733 posts
  • Joined 20-September 04
  • Interests:fuck you hotsalsa

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

The sound quality of this album the first time I dl'd it was terrible.

#48 Guest_thirteenthsecond_*

Guest_thirteenthsecond_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

Gang so so tour ftw.

#49 avi

avi

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 24-January 07

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:44 AM

This is Avi @ Springman Records, we put out the Tera Melos stuff. I'm glad you guys are into them! To clarify, it is 100% rad with us if you pirate their "Drugs To The Dear Youth" LP, we encourage that and even posted links to it from our website. But, I'd greatly appreciate if you could refrain from pirating their Untitled full-length, its just $10 on our website. I don't even know the girl who put the LP online, I just randomly found it and posted the link.

A friend just told me you guys were talking about Tera Melos so I was going to come on here and answer any questions or whatever, but you guys seem to have your shit together. Thanks for your support, and all the pre-orders are getting sent out over this next week incase you're waiting on your vinyl.

By the way, we have some pretty sick Tera Melos related projects coming up, including a studio project called "Huge Black Man" with members of Tera Melos, !!!, The Faint, and some other bands. I won't spam you guys about it, but hopefully someone on here regularly is into it and says something! More shit too, just you wait.

Take care,
Avi
http://www.springmanrecords.com

P.S. if you want to see some naked pictures of them in the studio, check out my Flickr page, you sick fucks!

#50 thefierceface

thefierceface

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 22-January 07

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:40 AM

If you go to the first post on my BLOG you can read a bunch about Tera Melos and download two unreleased live tracks for free. These songs were recorded nicely in a basement in Grass Valley, CA, which is a mythical hippy stronghold/wonderland between Sacramento and Tahoe.

One of the many cool things about these songs is that they are brand new and NOT on the limited edition vinyl that Avi just released. They will be on a later recording.

I have 10 songs from this show if anyone wants them.

Special sauce,
Aa

#51 Yavvy F. Baby

Yavvy F. Baby

best poster alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts
  • Joined 26-August 05

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:54 AM

Just saw them with Damiera, Portugal. The Man, and TFOT. Needless to say I was really impressed. They kinda reminded me of Hella. Amazing show.

p.s. Damiera was pretty awful.

#52 IAMTHELAZERVIKING

IAMTHELAZERVIKING

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3617 posts
  • Joined 17-April 06
  • Interests:THE LAZER EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:03 AM

I'm seeing them with Portugal. The Man, TFOT, and Daimera.

I guess I should czek them out?

They can't be bad if they're touring with Portugal. The Man.

please do, they are the best live band i've ever seen, and their recorded shit is off the hook

if anyone has slsk and needs some tera melos shit hit me up. my names johncaballero. i have a demo , the s/t, some live bootlegs and the new one

If you go to the first post on my BLOG you can read a bunch about Tera Melos and download two unreleased live tracks for free. These songs were recorded nicely in a basement in Grass Valley, CA, which is a mythical hippy stronghold/wonderland between Sacramento and Tahoe.

One of the many cool things about these songs is that they are brand new and NOT on the limited edition vinyl that Avi just released. They will be on a later recording.

I have 10 songs from this show if anyone wants them.

Special sauce,
Aa

thanks i've been waiting to get those again

#53 Guest_thirteenthsecond_*

Guest_thirteenthsecond_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:04 AM

This is Avi @ Springman Records, we put out the Tera Melos stuff. I'm glad you guys are into them! To clarify, it is 100% rad with us if you pirate their "Drugs To The Dear Youth" LP, we encourage that and even posted links to it from our website. But, I'd greatly appreciate if you could refrain from pirating their Untitled full-length, its just $10 on our website. I don't even know the girl who put the LP online, I just randomly found it and posted the link.

A friend just told me you guys were talking about Tera Melos so I was going to come on here and answer any questions or whatever, but you guys seem to have your shit together. Thanks for your support, and all the pre-orders are getting sent out over this next week incase you're waiting on your vinyl.

By the way, we have some pretty sick Tera Melos related projects coming up, including a studio project called "Huge Black Man" with members of Tera Melos, !!!, The Faint, and some other bands. I won't spam you guys about it, but hopefully someone on here regularly is into it and says something! More shit too, just you wait.

Take care,
Avi
http://www.springmanrecords.com

P.S. if you want to see some naked pictures of them in the studio, check out my Flickr page, you sick fucks!

Is there anyone sort of story behind those photos? Those are fucking awesome. Like the magickian face mask, wtf!

Anyway, just real quick, being part of distribution and all, can I hear your view about why pirating the new album is legit. I mean, I'm way down, and I have my own reasons and beliefs, and Once I download something good I'll usually by it, but I'd like to hear from your perspective.

I'd love some more information about that other project, Huge black Man too.

#54 Lavik

Lavik

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2600 posts
  • Joined 02-January 05
  • Interests:Lots of stuff<br />ffxi<br />coffee<br />guitar<br />weed<br />talk to meeee

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:08 AM

I saw them open for the fall of troy last night.
I think I may have liked them more than fall of troy?
I thought some of it was improv, but they came back with such perfect timing it couldn't be. The song structures were awesome. I think I was the only person that liked them though, oh well.
Portugal did some song which was like 10-15 minutes which had their guitarist, Thomas and that guy who plays drums from TFoT, and I think maybe someone from that other band (Damiera or some shit) and they all jammed together. That shit was awesome.

#55 pigsmothered cries

pigsmothered cries

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 25-April 05

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:09 AM

oh me too!
i liked 'em a lot, they started off like crazy, everybody literally went "fuuuuuuck."
anyway he had an x on his hand so i'm pretty sure he wasn't on drugs.

me &my friends talked to the bassist at the merch booth, he was pretty cool, &funny, too. oh &they had a dildo that looked like the grim reaper on the counter, &it's name was grimmy. hmm.

i got the cd.

#56 bighairystranger

bighairystranger

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3720 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04
  • Interests:Food.

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:10 AM

Great fucking band. Melody 8 is epic. And the ending to Melody 5 could not be better.

#57 kevin c.

kevin c.

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Joined 13-July 06
  • Interests:making music and snack food.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:08 PM

yeah, tera melos is awesome.
I like FOT and Damiera alot too,
has anyone ever heard the band Cats And Cats And Cats?
they sound pretty similar, and i believe theyre on purevolume.

#58 avi

avi

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 24-January 07

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

Hi thirteenthsecond,

Sorry for the slow reply, the new semester just started two weeks ago and has been kicking my ass pretty hardcore.

Anyway, just real quick, being part of distribution and all, can I hear your view about why pirating the new album is legit. I mean, I'm way down, and I have my own reasons and beliefs, and Once I download something good I'll usually by it, but I'd like to hear from your perspective.

It worked out really well for this new album -- we just did 500 on wax, the main people who care about vinyl are the collector nerds. By making the album free online, more people got into the band, increasing the amount of collector-nerds who care.

As for the piracy overall, I have mixed feelings:

It makes record labels obsolete by doing their job of helping people find out about new bands (just like this thread on this message-board along with the link to download their album has exposed tons of you guys to Tera Melos) -- that part is great, it means good music can shine and get around on its own without a huge marketing machine.

But it also means bands can only survive if they have things to sell other than the music, such as their live show, shirts, action-figures, vinyl or pretty packaging or whatever. A genius making beats in his bedroom can no longer survive just selling his music unless it gets licensed for a TV commercial.

It's great for bands who can evolve, not so great for bands that don't tour much or aren't merchandise whores.

What I'd like to see:

A subscription service where you download and play whatever you want, and then your monthly fee is proportionally divided up based on how much time you spend listening to each song.

This would eliminate the risk involved in paying for a potentially terrible CD or download, and would make sure that bands are paid fairly based exactly on how people consume their music, potentially paying them even more over a longer period of time than what they would get from a single CD sale.

Sadly, I think the industry ruined the chances of that happening by being so greedy and allowing for piracy to spread this far. With people used to getting music for free, it may be impossible to turn back.

me &my friends talked to the bassist at the merch booth, he was pretty cool, &funny, too. oh &they had a dildo that looked like the grim reaper on the counter, &it's name was grimmy. hmm.

That Dildo comes from the Divine Vibrations dildo factory in Oakland, they make all sorts of Jesus-themed dildos. Some of the guys from DESA live down the hall, right above AK Press.

#59 bighairystranger

bighairystranger

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3720 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04
  • Interests:Food.

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

I like this new ep a lot...it feels like one big piece rather than different songs, though.

I like the EP, but I can't find a rip with any decency to the quality. It's all 60 KBp/S and no matter how good the music is, that is still grating on the ears.

#60 lot6

lot6

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 10-March 05
  • Interests:drums, chicks, food, music, writing, drugs

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

Seeing them tonight!

Excited face

0 user(s) are reading this topic