IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Death GripsZach Hill, Andy Morin, and Stefan Burnett

• Please log in to reply
1972 replies to this topic

#1961 zilla333

zilla333

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Joined 14-April 14

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

could just mean that the other white guy in Death Grips doesn't actually do anything. He is usually credited as production on the records. So by that logic Ride and Zach are DG, so Zach is half of DG. Right?

#1962 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11673 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:08 AM

Lol Eric’s story is now him and DJ Dougpound getting a private viewing of Death Grips rehearsing in a dark room.

#1963 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • 8915 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
  • Interests:Cross dressing
    gang bangin

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

RJNsuJR.jpg

Just posted about Eric Andre with Zach and Spencer from Hella in the Hella thread but figured the comment was worth discussing. The caption says half of Death Grips and in the comments someone said “you mean one third”. That’s where you can see Eric’s response saying “that’s what I used to think as well”.

what a spread though are we right

#1964 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3071 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Lol Eric’s story is now him and DJ Dougpound getting a private viewing of Death Grips rehearsing in a dark room.

i wonder if that's how they always rehearse, one ceiling mounted red lightbulb

#1965 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4488 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:21 PM

Late to the party, I guess, but holy shit the new album's fire. I really like all the scratching, and how they made it a part of the beat in many cases. And all the weird sampled voices that pop in...crazy shit!

#1966 peanut butter jellyfish

peanut butter jellyfish

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 30-July 18

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:47 PM

yeah i've listened to it like 50 times already. might just be their best as a whole

could just mean that the other white guy in Death Grips doesn't actually do anything. He is usually credited as production on the records. So by that logic Ride and Zach are DG, so Zach is half of DG. Right?

no not right. in fact that's quite wrong. doesn't do anything? who do you think takes the time to peruse free sample webpages, download those samples and then trigger said samples in a live setting with their laptop? hint it's not zach or ride, so please be so kind as to show some respect to an integral member of death grips in andy. thank you

#1967 zilla333

zilla333

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Joined 14-April 14

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

haha I feel bad for the guy. I couldn't even remember his name. But, you know, they've played shows without him and nobody noticed the difference. There are probably a decent amount of ppl that don't even know he's in the band

#1968 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3071 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:25 AM

now that the physical copies are out we got some credits but they seem to not be correct or complete

R-12364317-1533976557-5401.jpeg.jpg

adamson is obviously on dilemma but not listed here. abela is on little richard but not listed here. those female vox on DGIO aren't credited and aren't sampled. i guess zach is the guitarist though?

#1969 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • 8915 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
  • Interests:Cross dressing
    gang bangin

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:33 AM

i saw a theory that the tracklist is not the 'correct' order, the basis of which is the transitions not always matching up

#1970 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3071 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

i saw a theory that the tracklist is not the 'correct' order, the basis of which is the transitions not always matching up

interesting, that'd definitely be new for them

Zach posted the suicide banner on Instagram last night, wonder what that's about

#1971 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3071 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Yesterday, 04:05 PM

watched the new henry rollins standup special the other day and it got me thinking about an alternate universe where stefan does the same post-dg

#1972 still

still

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 15-April 18

Posted Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Damn I hope that never happens. Rollins makes a drama out of fucking everything. He gets a pass when he's talking about the death of Joe Cole, because that shit was really tragic and insane and I also like his David Lee Roth impression, but I just listened to his podcast where he talks about the recording of "The End Of Silence" and if you think about what actually happened, like only the bare facts (the label requested an additional producer, which was not what the band wanted but they ended up getting along pretty well), and compare it to the way he describes it, it sounds pathetic. He describes everything that happens in his life as some kind of intense fight situation. Completely blown out of proportion. The "Get In The Van" audiobook was almost unlistenable. He's such a "warrior poet".

Stefan on the other hand barely speaks and seems to be pretty chill dude when he's not on stage.

#1973 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3071 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Yesterday, 05:16 PM

i can get not being into his standup/whatever you want to call it, but i thought get in the van was great

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users