IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

I'm not sure how I feel about Volta now.I think they are satanists.

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 Castillo

Castillo

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 04-March 09

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

I was at one of their shows not long ago, and they had a lot of satanic imagery in the back. I think that Omar and Cedric are satanists. Can anyone confirm this theory?

edit: I want you all to know that this was all a complete misunderstanding.

#2 IVeilCerpinTaxtI

IVeilCerpinTaxtI

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Interests:Drums, Bass, Music...
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

They seem to be very spiritual, and keep far from religious organizations. I highly doubt that they worship some satanic figure.

Also, the artwork isn't really satanic at all. Sure it may have some creepy images thrown on there, but that doesn't imply that it's some satan-worshipping piece of art.

#3 Kingfish

Kingfish

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts
  • Joined 04-September 05
  • Interests:Music, art, music, art, movies,

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

let me paraphrase this ...

"the mars volta is basically about exploring anything that is considered taboo in our culture blah blah blah.."

I dont think they worship satan or anything of the sort buy may include it in their image to "scare you".

#4 vagabond

vagabond

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 14-September 07

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

I was at one of their shows not long ago, and they had a lot of satanic imagery in the back. I think that Omar and Cedric are satanists. Can anyone confirm this theory?

RASCIST ITT! :tongue:

Seriously mate, who gives a fuck. Most religions/cults are just varying levels of bollocks anyway.

#5 Mlilly

Mlilly

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3339 posts
  • Joined 26-May 09

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

DEFINATLY NOT! far from it. they have said in interviews when talking about bein vegans that are around alot of people who care about the earth. So i assume they are around alot of diferent spiritual back grounds. their no opposed at looking and exploring different cultures. He said in the "never heard a man speak like this man before" he was reading a book on the meanings of tarot cards ect. which isnt satanic...despite what some christians say.

There is a movie on youtube saying TMV are satanic but its aload of christian bullshit.

If you want to see some really evil stuff look at Jay Z and Rhianna..beyonceect, anything in the mainstream their showing satanic illuminati symbolism all the time

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I remeber in a interview cedric saying he likes, layers, lots of symbolism, ect but symbolism doesnt have to always mean satanic!!

Personally i think their are the opposite of what you would call satanic. yes they can be very dark and deep with lyrics and imagery but as cedric said, isnt bands that are happy all the time like abba more scary?

SOrry i cant find the interviews im talking about atm i will post when i can.

#6 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2694 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

for the love of god.. is it just me or does tmv do shit to make fun of people who think that they are for satan just cuz they play for a rockband. you know stuff like Amp. why would they bash houner killings and kidnaping and sexist idels if they were for satan?

#7 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2694 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

also frances is about how your family is not always the people who got rid of you in the first place. its a good message based on real shit they have seen in there lives

#8 Mlilly

Mlilly

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3339 posts
  • Joined 26-May 09

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

also frances is about how your family is not always the people who got rid of you in the first place. its a good message based on real shit they have seen in there lives

totally agree! nicely said.

#9 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

Someone throw him the link of that interview where Cedric says about Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project. I can't watch youtube it is blocked here at work, can't give the link.

Cedric must be the women saint patron, he's always defending women.

Santo Cedric del Viejerío

#10 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

DEFINATLY NOT! far from it. they have said in interviews when talking about bein vegans that are around alot of people who care about the earth. So i assume they are around alot of diferent spiritual back grounds. their no opposed at looking and exploring different cultures. He said in the "never heard a man speak like this man before" he was reading a book on the meanings of tarot cards ect. which isnt satanic...despite what some christians say.

There is a movie on youtube saying TMV are satanic but its aload of christian bullshit.

If you want to see some really evil stuff look at Jay Z and Rhianna..beyonceect, anything in the mainstream their showing satanic illuminati symbolism all the time

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I remeber in a interview cedric saying he likes, layers, lots of symbolism, ect but symbolism doesnt have to always mean satanic!!

Personally i think their are the opposite of what you would call satanic. yes they can be very dark and deep with lyrics and imagery but as cedric said, isnt bands that are happy all the time like abba more scary?

whoaa, interesting :mellow:

#11 Mlilly

Mlilly

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3339 posts
  • Joined 26-May 09

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

#12 Krimson

Krimson

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Joined 13-September 06

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

So is he part of the Illuminati also

Posted Image

#13 IVeilCerpinTaxtI

IVeilCerpinTaxtI

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3317 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm Christian, but I'm not a bull...thus I don't produce Christian bullshit. haha...sorry. I'm a dork and proud.

Now, on the more serious side...I don't believe that tarot cards are in any way Satanic...but I don't necessarily believe that tarot cards work. I think most "Christians" that we have all come to love and know label anything not mentioned or taken directly from the Bible as satanic. What a lot of Christians need to realize is that God didn't directly write the book Himself. Sure it's the closest thing to God's true Word that we'll ever get, but it was still written by man, thus it has it's limitations.

#14 25snakesaredrowning

25snakesaredrowning

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 18-April 08

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hail Satan! :wizard:

#15 itsgonrain

itsgonrain

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1156 posts
  • Joined 13-September 08

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

I remember once I wore the TMV shirt with their seal on it and my ultra-Christian Dad lost his shit over all the symbols, I lol'd. Omar has said that he does things in music and in their art to blow people's minds at every turn, the concert imagery is just part of that.

#16 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2694 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm Christian, but I'm not a bull...thus I don't produce bullshit. haha...sorry. I'm a dork and proud.

Now, on the more serious side...I don't believe that tarot cards are in any way Satanic...but I don't necessarily believe that tarot cards work. I think most "Christians" that we have all come to love and know label anything not mentioned or taken directly from the Bible as satanic. What a lot of Christians need to realize is that God didn't directly write the book Himself. Sure it's the closest thing to God's true Word that we'll ever get, but it was still written by man, thus it has it's limitations.

good line im a christan too but you gotta put logic into it all. a lot of the bible is based on what some men thought 2000 years ago so while there is some good stuff like love you everyone including your foes there is also some dumb stuff. also why is that bush and the south seem to do the oppiste of the golden rule and everything jesus says and claim to be perfect christans?

#17 modulo

modulo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Joined 07-February 05

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

yes. they are satanists. stop listening to them. never go to another one of their shows ever again.

#18 IVeilCerpinTaxtI

IVeilCerpinTaxtI

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3317 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

I totally jacked that up. Shoulda said "Christian bullshit." I'm a failed comedian. :( haha

#19 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14579 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

They are not, they just dislike religion in general because it generates conflict

#20 ACapillaryHintOfRed

ACapillaryHintOfRed

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

dunno about them being satanists. but in 2005 i found occultist imagery in their artwork the 1st time, which was disturbing.

cedric at some stage later on said that he found interesting picture-wise (not his exact words but cannot be arsed to look it up) e.g. the images in blavatsky's book or the book of lies, for example. correct me if i'm wrong.

this always bugged me since their music, even if dark, never was occultist dark to me but energetic, exhilerating and fun. great live shows.

maybe i'm in denial then. lulz.

mind you. this is all in the past. listen to octa. no such references in lyrics. and the album art so far doesn't include occultism but a vagina instead. which is not in line w/omar years back scolding rap vids for abuse of women. lulz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users