IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Hot Topicsells tmv shirts!!!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 The Gates Of Thanos

The Gates Of Thanos

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined 30-August 03

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:17 PM

I was at the mall today, for the first time all year.. i wanted to get a cd.. i was walking by hot topic, and i saw a tmv shirt in the window.. i went in and bought it..

Since when does a stupid Goodcharrolat e selling store like Hot Topic sell TMV shirts?
!!!

#2 clipside of the pinkeyed flight

clipside of the pinkeyed flight

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:23 PM

yea i figured this out a while ago.

ah well, it was bound to happen.

nothing to get all worked up over.

#3 korwan

korwan

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:27 PM

This is no way a diss towards the band, but I'd have to say that it was probably about the same time they decided to play on the MTV latin awards.

(Sorry, I just really hate MTV)

#4 emohawk^

emohawk^

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:31 AM

This is no way a diss towards the band, but I'd have to say that it was probably about the same time they decided to play on the MTV latin awards.

(Sorry, I just really hate MTV)

Hmm...

It seems like they are getting a little bit too mainstreem :aiwebs_054:

#5 korwan

korwan

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:35 AM

I dunno if that was sarcasm or not.. Honeslty, mainstream doesnt really bother me because with TMV it's all about quality and that's one thing they're full of. But I have to be honest, it would bother me if the bubblegum TRL crowd started flocking to TMV. But I don't see that ever happening, thank god.

In all honestly, I think they're too good to MTV. If that makes any sense. I think that a lot of the people who sit around after school to watch the newest pop act shouldn't have the privelageof seeing TMV.

Maybe I'm just weird. :-D

#6 TheLuminousPhish

TheLuminousPhish

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5905 posts
  • Joined 27-October 03
  • Interests:book club and tea club
  • Facebook

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:04 AM

I dunno if that was sarcasm or not.. Honeslty, mainstream doesnt really bother me because with TMV it's all about quality and that's one thing they're full of. But I have to be honest, it would bother me if the bubblegum TRL crowd started flocking to TMV. But I don't see that ever happening, thank god.

In all honestly, I think they're too good to MTV. If that makes any sense. I think that a lot of the people who sit around after school to watch the newest pop act shouldn't have the privelageof seeing TMV.

Maybe I'm just weird. :-D

::agrees::

not a big MTV nor hot topic fan myself. i don't like supporting the corperatte machine, which is why it saddens me that TMV is on universal. But i will go against my morals to support TMV.

#7 if winter ends.

if winter ends.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2579 posts
  • Joined 17-October 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, I saw a TMV shirt in the Hot Topic here awhile ago.

And [according to my friend], the last time she was there they were playing DITC and selling Bright Eyes cds.

lesigh.

#8 TheLuminousPhish

TheLuminousPhish

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5905 posts
  • Joined 27-October 03
  • Interests:book club and tea club
  • Facebook

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:29 AM

they sell a lot of big indie stuff, but nothing like off of GSL (thank god, sonnie kay wouldnt stand for that.)

#9 korwan

korwan

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 05:43 AM

I don't think there is one band on GSL that I don't like. I wish I lived in California just because of them, someone on that label is having a concert usually two times a freakin week 8|

#10 kuoriv

kuoriv

the gay one

• Members
  • 7938 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
  • Interests:Arts, music, writing, coffee, you, me, cash, slash, hash, mash and other words that rhyme. ♥

Posted 09 November 2003 - 06:08 AM

It seems like they are getting a little bit too mainstreem :aiwebs_054:

Not until Cedric appears on a Sprint commercial.

Hot Topic is shite, I know, but it's the single place in the fucking world where I can get band shirts, Zim accesories and nice clothes for the rebel days. It's like the population of a desert talks about their well: 'there are bugs in the water, but it's the single well we have'.

*shrugs*

#11 Sara

Sara

dead so i've played to merely turn him on

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Interests:I should have loved a thunderbird instead; <br />At least when spring comes they roar back again.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 09 November 2003 - 06:14 AM

yes hot topic is the evil son of gap. but it does have some nice points...sometimes. and we did talk about this a bit ago.

#12 korwan

korwan

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 07:16 AM

They carry the ugliest (in my opinion) tmv shirt though. I'm a hypocrit because last week I stepped in the hot topic for the first time actually to buy that TMV shirtbecause I saw it on display.

Its the one with all the lemurs and it's all jumbled up. Not that good looking of a shirt but i just wanted a volta shirt :-O

#13 kuoriv

kuoriv

the gay one

• Members
  • 7938 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
  • Interests:Arts, music, writing, coffee, you, me, cash, slash, hash, mash and other words that rhyme. ♥

Posted 09 November 2003 - 07:18 AM

The one with the funky multicolour tarsiers?

#14 korwan

korwan

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 07:19 AM

Yeah. That's it

I like the one with the spiders the best

#15 dullday

dullday

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 02-October 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 07:23 AM

I don't mean to offend anyone, but i think the people who care the most about MTV and Hot Topic are the "anti-mainstream" people. I never hear any of the cool kids at my school talking aobut the latest mtv jam, but i do here all of the punk rockers talking about how stupid mtv is. just my opinion though.

#16 korwan

korwan

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 07:34 AM

Doesn't really offend me. I don't consider myself punk, indie, or anything of that nature anyway, and I'm definately not an iconoclast. I listen to all sorts of music. I just don't like MTV because instead of focusing on music they have reality shows where every woman is protrayed as whiney and every man is protrayed as angry.. just crap like that.

Also, they don't really put much effort into the music they do show. It's the same music over and over again, most of the bands are just prepped by record executives to make money and arent real musicians and never payed their dues. MTV would be pretty cool concept if they took some initiative and hit the underground scenes of all sorts of genres and helped promote new bands, not just cashcows with a broad sound that will be guaranteed popular.

I'm going to really watch what I say here because I don't want to insult somoene's tastes in music.. so lets just say that I feel like someone can listen to the good charlotte and 50 cent music on MTV for so long before wanting to shove their finger down their throat.

#17 Agent Claret

Agent Claret

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:34 PM

i think itd be beautiful if everyone got into TMV, even if its some hardcore suburban kid decked out in AE. Good for them, and that way, it'd kinda be like i was right, liking TMV for as long as I have... i want TMV on TRL, I wanna see Inertiatic overplayed like motherfucken fountains of wayne. they could bring some quality to that station.

#18 The Gates Of Thanos

The Gates Of Thanos

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined 30-August 03

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:04 AM

with 16 replies this is a hot topic.

#19 Guest_Garrett_*

Guest_Garrett_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:23 AM

i hope the mars volta starts watering down their music and like get haircuts. it would be cool to see them play emo, too. maybe they'd be #1 on TRL.

#20 kuoriv

kuoriv

the gay one

• Members
  • 7938 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:26 AM

Don't forget a duet with Christina Aguilera.
What if Cedric and Omar french kissed in a performance on the next MTV VMAs? That would own.

*sigh* God bless sarcasm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users