IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

IncubusNew album in 2015

• Please log in to reply
864 replies to this topic

#41 Manzanilla

Manzanilla

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1882 posts
  • Joined 30-March 05
  • Interests:Revision3, FPS, scotch & TMV
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:24 AM

That's A Certain Shade of Green.

Best Incubus song. Ever.

#42 O-Rod1237

O-Rod1237

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:47 AM

They're a very "meh" band. I liked them a lot in 9th/10th grade, then I realized how much Morning View blew. Haven't listened to anything by them since about last summer. I give Brandon props and Mike can play, but the DJ idea is frankly retarded. And whether you want to admit or not they have pandered to their fans to an extent. I mean c'mon, "Southern Girl"? Who the hell would have been down with that song during the S.C.I.E.N.C.E. days?

I didnt mind ACLOTM, it was better than I that it would be..."Sick Sad World" and "Pistola" weren't bad.

#43 Manzanilla

Manzanilla

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1882 posts
  • Joined 30-March 05
  • Interests:Revision3, FPS, scotch & TMV
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:54 AM

but the DJ idea is frankly retarded.

View Post

What? That's what made FA and SCIENCE.

#44 nerhal

nerhal

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 03-August 03
  • Interests:music<br />recording<br />bands<br />history<br />weapons<br />art<br />and movies<br />and ocassionally games<br />sex<br />cooking<br />skydiving<br />camping<br />cool looking animals
  • Myspace

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:02 PM

i think they are better musicians now than before. also if u see the red rocks dvd they absolutely still jam and it is fucking more sickker and stuff!! as well its not incubus's fault dirk left the same goes for rage what are they supposed to do get a replacement singer? nobody can really replace what they had so the best thing is to move up to something that works!

#45 Semantic

Semantic

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 18-April 05

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

no other band has changed their sound as much as incubus has. Ever single fucking album has had a completely different sound. You wana talk about boring over-produced rock radio? WTF! If they wanted to do that, they wouldve stuck with the formula from Make Yourself! Instead, they put themselves out there time after time, work outside their comfort zones (sounds a little like another band coughTMVcough). No two incubus albums sound alike...and theyve had 5 full-length albums! Name one other band that has done that! Theres nothing boring about incubus, Brandon Boyd is the cedric to omar's Mike Enzinger. Jose is the Jon Theodore. I do, however, wish Dirk hadn't left. My god, i loved his bass playing. The DJ does a helluva lot more than you know. Somewhat of what Jeremy Ward was to TMV. He's very low-key but plays tons of instruments on their albums and triggers a lot of effects live as well as DJ's. Dont hate on Incubus, theyre the closest thing to TMV there is out there (even though they dont sound similar). I'd love to see a tour together.

#46 buzztim

buzztim

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 223 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

SCIENCE = the goodness

their best album, but then again, i stopped listening around the morning view period.

#47 Vairiant

Vairiant

I like my pockets fat not flat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6733 posts
  • Joined 20-September 04
  • Interests:fuck you hotsalsa

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:07 PM

I think Morning View was the bastard child in my opinion, but I was dissapointed with ACLOTM.

#48 Lacerda

Lacerda

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Joined 02-April 04
  • Interests:peace, love, and chimay.

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

Dont hate on Incubus, theyre the closest thing to TMV there is out there (even though they dont sound similar). I'd love to see a tour together.

View Post

i think you're pushing it with that bro. you obviouslly need to expand your musical horizons if you honestly feel that way.

#49 nerhal

nerhal

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 03-August 03
  • Interests:music<br />recording<br />bands<br />history<br />weapons<br />art<br />and movies<br />and ocassionally games<br />sex<br />cooking<br />skydiving<br />camping<br />cool looking animals
  • Myspace

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

Dont hate on Incubus, theyre the closest thing to TMV there is out there (even though they dont sound similar). I'd love to see a tour together.

View Post

i think you're pushing it with that bro. you obviouslly need to expand your musical horizons if you honestly feel that way.

View Post

actually i think YOU are pushing it bro. i think YOU need to expand your musical horizons!!

#50 I Am The Walrus

I Am The Walrus

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 11-March 05
  • Interests:guitar

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:26 AM

Has anyone else seen the 'Alive at Red Rocks' DVD? It's damn good, some parts of it, especially the jam session in 'Sick Sad Little World' really remind me of TMV.

I also think they would be much better if they got rid of the DJ and got a permanent keyboardist/sound manipulater.

View Post

he basically is one.

the only scratching comes from the old DJs parts. he makes very original samples, and he uses the turntable like a real instrument.

kudos to him

#51 Agajagajagajagajaga

Agajagajagajagajaga

Agrajag/Nivius

• Members
  • 12077 posts
  • Joined 21-October 03

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:33 AM

no other band has changed their sound as much as incubus has.

Not to drop the biggest cliche possible, but....Beatles?

And other than that:

Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Radiohead, many others.

#52 AMouring23

AMouring23

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 05-September 04
  • Interests:sports and music

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:29 AM

ben kenney has a kick-ass solo album titled "26"

#53 ruse of metacarpi

ruse of metacarpi

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 09-March 05

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:40 AM

incubus is bad ass to the extent that they are a little negotiating w/fans but when they do that theyre still ballsy about it if youwill...one that sticks in mind "southern girl" yes its a hopeless love song but with great melody and darkness its sets a vibe that you dont hear much in sappy love songs and brandons voice is beyond beautiful all the band is masters at their instruments that is that...theyre our generations led zeppelin if you ask me....they push the boundseverytime they put out albums and side projects theyre a totally diverse band that can still get an entire arena to sing their catchy ass songs...sad but true

#54 incuvolta

incuvolta

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 12-July 04

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:57 AM

And other than that:

View Post

That's some good company to be in.

#55 Stalktheground11

Stalktheground11

The Bling Bling Voyager Version 3.2

• Members
  • 14170 posts
  • Joined 11-November 03
  • Interests:ROLLERBLADING

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:05 AM

I think if they make an album completely full of whirlwind songs like "Sick Sad Little World" but not necessarily along that epic line, then they'll be where they need to be. However, right now, they really have to trim some of those shitty edges off. Listening to the Red Rocks set just shows how much they can spill forth and how much they hold back at the same time. It's somewhat disappointing because they only explore interesting avenues to a small extent - like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. And then the rest is kind of a crowd-pleaser deal, which really bores me, although I do like many of these songs. I think I love Make Yourself as much as S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

#56 Novinha

Novinha

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3608 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
  • Interests:music, reading, and...angelina jolie. *grrrow*
  • Myspace

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:11 AM

i love Incubus. SCIENCE is by far my favourite album, but i still thing ACLOTM was awesome.

#57 rocko_300

rocko_300

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2337 posts
  • Joined 25-May 04

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:37 AM

no other band has changed their sound as much as incubus has. Ever single fucking album has had a completely different sound. You wana talk about boring over-produced rock radio? WTF! If they wanted to do that, they wouldve stuck with the formula from Make Yourself! Instead, they put themselves out there time after time, work outside their comfort zones (sounds a little like another band coughTMVcough). No two incubus albums sound alike...and theyve had 5 full-length albums! Name one other band that has done that! Theres nothing boring about incubus, Brandon Boyd is the cedric to omar's Mike Enzinger. Jose is the Jon Theodore. I do, however, wish Dirk hadn't left. My god, i loved his bass playing. The DJ does a helluva lot more than you know. Somewhat of what Jeremy Ward was to TMV. He's very low-key but plays tons of instruments on their albums and triggers a lot of effects live as well as DJ's. Dont hate on Incubus, theyre the closest thing to TMV there is out there (even though they dont sound similar). I'd love to see a tour together.

View Post

you are so very true. I consider Incubus as one of TMV's influences including the DJ, as some kind of "sound manipulator".

#58 Agajagajagajagajaga

Agajagajagajagajaga

Agrajag/Nivius

• Members
  • 12077 posts
  • Joined 21-October 03

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:41 AM

And other than that:

View Post

That's some good company to be in.

View Post

Now I'm not saying they're as good as any of those. They aren't bad at all, usually, and have some great tunes. I'm just saying that changing styles isn't all that uncommon, and shouldn't be the main reason to praise a group.

#59 Vairiant

Vairiant

I like my pockets fat not flat

• Members
  • 6733 posts
  • Joined 20-September 04
  • Interests:fuck you hotsalsa

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:44 AM

I don't think they'll ever go back to the kind of energy they had in their music like they had in their prime.

Maybe I should listen to ACLOTM more...most of the songs were to slow for me--even the more rockish ones seemed bland to me.

Like Megalomaniac always seemed to be in slow motion to me.

Sick Sad Little World was okay.

#60 O-Rod1237

O-Rod1237

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:42 AM

but the DJ idea is frankly retarded.

View Post

What? That's what made FA and SCIENCE.

View Post

Yes, which explains why I never really liked Fungus Amongus and why SCIENCE has waned on me lately. I still listen to some of ACLOTM once in a blue moon though...can't stand "Agoraphobia" or "Southern Girl" but there is some good stuff there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users