IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Queens of the Stone Age / QOTSA

• Please log in to reply
1212 replies to this topic

#1201 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7671 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

It has nothing to do with what I want and has everything to do with being a decent human being and thinking of how your actions impact others before you carry out those actions. If you don't value that principle then you're just a selfish douche. There's no arguing that.

those guys are pretty much the opposite of selfish. they give a potential audience of millions of people around the world the opportunity to experience what they're experiencing, for a potentially endless time into iternity. if anyone thinks about their actions at shows and the impact of it on others, it's these modern heroes.

while they offer up a bit of their own experience, recording something for the world to see, you're standing there, refusing to step aside, grumbling to yourself, saving up your hate to post angrily about it on an internet forum, later on. you're the selfish one.
6 years later, just got to say this is bullshit. :shagohod:

#1202 Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man

POWDERED.TOAST.MAN

• Members
  • 11498 posts
  • Joined 20-February 10
  • Twitter

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:13 PM

I think you guys will like "Infallible" on the new Pearl Jam album..listen for free on itunes

Pearl Jam doesn't usually have modern influences...let me know if I'm the only one that hears the QOTSA influence(plus a bit of the Beatles)..weird combination i know but it works

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT PEARL JAM

HEY GUYS I THINK YOU'LL LIKE PEARL JAM

HEY GUYS HAVE YOU HEARD OF PEARL JAM

HEY GUYS THERE'S THIS BAND CALLED PEARL JAM

DISCUSSION ABOUT NUCLEAR FISSON? THAT REMINDS ME OF A PEARL JAM SONG

HEY GUYS THEY HAVE A SHIT NAME AND EDDIE VEDDER'S VOICE IS AWFUL BUT LOL THEY ARE SO KEWL AND TOTALLY RELEVANT AFTER 1996

HEY GUYS PEARL JAM

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT PEARL JAM IN A THREAD ABOUT A FUCKING BETTER BAND

HI I'M COCHESE AND I THINK THE WORLD IS RUN BY LIZARDS BECAUSE SOMETIMES PEOPLE MAKE EYE SYMBOLDS ON TV SO THAT MEANS THE ILLUMINATI CONTROL EVERYTHING, THEY HAVE CCTV CAMERAS IN YOUR CEREAL BOXES AND I LISTEN TO THIS BAND, I MIGHT HAVE MENTIONED THEM BEFORE THEY'RE CALLED PEARL JAM

LOL

I kinda miss Cochese

#1203 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10054 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

It has nothing to do with what I want and has everything to do with being a decent human being and thinking of how your actions impact others before you carry out those actions. If you don't value that principle then you're just a selfish douche. There's no arguing that.

those guys are pretty much the opposite of selfish. they give a potential audience of millions of people around the world the opportunity to experience what they're experiencing, for a potentially endless time into iternity. if anyone thinks about their actions at shows and the impact of it on others, it's these modern heroes.

while they offer up a bit of their own experience, recording something for the world to see, you're standing there, refusing to step aside, grumbling to yourself, saving up your hate to post angrily about it on an internet forum, later on. you're the selfish one.
6 years later, just got to say this is bullshit. :shagohod:

Elaborate

#1204 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:03 PM

Wondering the same. I'm just curious how he ended up about 30 pages back... Regardless, I stand by my words then, even more so now.

#1205 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7671 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

I was working through the pages on the mobile version (there's no first page/last page function, as far as I know) and just ended up in that convo. Didn't think you were still around, SUB!

I just think that live music is about being in the moment and too many distractions, especially for us extra sensitive to our surroundings, distracts and takes you out of it. Some things you obviously have to accept, like people dancing/not dancing, if that bothers me then I just have to let that go. (I will glare at loud talkers though.) But the way so many people use their phones at shows, it seems very sheep-like to me.

From my own experience, the times I've filmed short clips of a show (usually from the back of the room, I'm a tall fuck) the reason has been to upload to my social media to show friends what they're missing and to get likes. That's basically it, I almost never rewatch clips in my phone gallery and when I do it never matches what I felt during the show. It can bring back memories but IMO, so does a photo. Which is why these people are not heroes in my view, they're just doing what people around them are doing. For short clips for social media- absolutely fine. I mean, I love watching full shows online, more comfortable than confronting my slight social anxiety. But there's just such an oversaturation of amateur filmers that think they're doing something unique.

In the best of worlds: Pick one guy who's willing to film it and then share it online. The people at home gets to share the experience and the audience don't end up with a horde of static cameramen with glowing screens.

IMO

#1206 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:18 AM

Exactly how I feel. I don’t really bother taking video. I’m not going to rewatch it. I’ll snap a quick pic or two but that’s all I need. I’d rather experience the show with my own eyes.

#1207 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10054 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:31 PM

Ok i can agree to that

I think my 6 year younger self was possibly also just saying things for the fuck of it. Oh youth!

#1208 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7671 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, you and Damski were on a roll. :wink:

But also HOLY SHIT DID I JUST WIN THE INTERNET?!

#1209 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5636 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:27 PM

You don't win the internet; everyone loses.

#1210 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:10 PM

Built to Spill wrote a song about all of this.

#1211 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4352 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:43 AM

grohl denies he is on the new album

#1212 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2793 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:37 PM

grohl denies he is on the new album

Because billy gibbons was prolly mistaken and whatever they allegedly recorded was likely for a new desert sessions...

#1213 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10054 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:54 PM

https://consequenceo...esert-sessions/

This better be good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users