IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

New Omar interview on Amputechturesmall and brief one...

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 feelmytool

feelmytool

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • Joined 16-March 05
  • Interests:...........?

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:09 PM

I honestly don't think it's THAT big of a deal that Jon's out of the band. I mean if Omar thinks getting a different drummer is good for the band then i believe it. I think Omars made great choices in the band so far and i'm not gonna question him now. As long as there's Cedric and Omar i really won't care whose in the band.

#62 cragget

cragget

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1821 posts
  • Joined 24-April 05

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

I honestly don't think it's THAT big of a deal that Jon's out of the band. I mean if Omar thinks getting a different drummer is good for the band then i believe it. I think Omars made great choices in the band so far and i'm not gonna question him now. As long as there's Cedric and Omar i really won't care whose in the band.

I suppose...

I still think that hinted-explanation that Omar gave is very low, though.

#63 Counting The Toll

Counting The Toll

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2068 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:50 PM

I like Omar interviews.

#64 cragget

cragget

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1821 posts
  • Joined 24-April 05

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:52 PM

I like Omar interviews.

Omar interviews like you as well :biggrin:

#65 vvvdub

vvvdub

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 03-September 05

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

omar is obviously playing guitar on a lot of this new album, wtf are some people thinking?

#66 zaffo

zaffo

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

"Ugh, Omars ego is just exploding isn't it . I think I appreciate TMV more as a band (Tremulant style) than as Omar and his puppets."

I'm really disappointed by the direction TMV is taking. I mean, it's not even a band anymore, it's one man's "vision". That's what I always found cool about bands in general, the fact that it was multiple players getting along and grooving well enough that they could make beautiful music. Now I question how much Ikey, Juan, really all of them are getting paid to play. Even the idea of a TMV concept album is gone, now Cedric's lyrical content seems stupid and pointless. Blah, I miss ATDI, and I have to admit, i'm starting to look forward more towards Sparta's new release than Omar's.

#67 PlanetCaravan00

PlanetCaravan00

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:05 PM

At the Drive-In, as described by Cedric, was compromised art. In his own words, ' it was a failed attempt at democracy. We've moved on to one person running the show and putting all of our trust into what that one thing they're doing.'

It's what they do.

#68 THC

THC

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4135 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
  • Interests:(Good) Music, Reading, Neuroscience, Medicine, Video Games, Friends, Family, Seinfeld, Monty Python, etc

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

At the Drive-In, as described by Cedric, was compromised art. In his own words, ' it was a failed attempt at democracy. We've moved on to one person running the show and putting all of our trust into what that one thing they're doing.'

It's what they do.

:thumbsup:

#69 Cassandra Geminni

Cassandra Geminni

Veritas In Vin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7231 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

Can everyone just GTFOver the whole Jon thing..

I'd hate to be Blake when all you people go see the shows.

WELCOME BLAKE! I TRUST YOU'RE A BEAST

#70 Kingfish

Kingfish

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts
  • Joined 04-September 05
  • Interests:Music, art, music, art, movies,

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:29 PM

Can everyone just GTFOver the whole Jon thing..

I'd hate to be Blake when all you people go see the shows.

WELCOME BLAKE! I TRUST YOU'RE A BEAST

I totally agree with you..

#71 Godspeed you Henry David Thoreau

Godspeed you Henry David Thoreau

Thane of Whiterun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37792 posts
  • Joined 13-September 04

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

awesome.

#72 Chalk_outlinee

Chalk_outlinee

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 23-February 06

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

in time im sure omar and cedric will reveal the truth about jon... im pretty sure blake will be prettty damn good if cedric and omar kicked jon out of the band or what ever the hell happened .. and im excited to hear the mars volta with blake........ i see you guys are moaning about omar being the leader of the band and i just want to tell you every band has a leader even if its subtle..it much more efficient with a leader...if the whole band had to vote on every section of every song the way that each of them wanted it.... i would be hearing amputechture for the first time in like 5 years and it would sound like crap b/c they didnt stick to one idea.. they would just have a collage of really good ideas and but it would get really cluttered.. omar has a vision...so im guna just shut my hole and listen to it

#73 sunshinezombie

sunshinezombie

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1730 posts
  • Joined 27-June 05

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:19 AM

in time im sure omar and cedric will reveal the truth about jon...

Never gonna happen.

#74 Smothered_Cries

Smothered_Cries

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts
  • Joined 24-August 04
  • Interests:Music: My favourite bands, no particular order: Mars Volta, King Crimson, Dream Theater, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Pink Floyd, Yes. Im also quite interested to see what Radiohead do next...

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:57 AM

"Ugh, Omars ego is just exploding isn't it . I think I appreciate TMV more as a band (Tremulant style) than as Omar and his puppets."

I'm really disappointed by the direction TMV is taking. I mean, it's not even a band anymore, it's one man's "vision".

That's what many bands are devised as, or transpire to become. There are no rules regarding how a band should or should not create. Whatever feels natural and proper is best. Sometimes it's a democracy, but sometimes this results in struggles over creative control, or convoluted music that lacks direction and character. Sometimes it's better that it's one persons 'vision'.

#75 torching the tramontane

torching the tramontane

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, this does seem to keep bringing up the hot question as to whether or not Omar's playing at all on the album. This interview seems to be saying that it's Paul and John playing the guitar parts, but yeah there's no way of really knowing. Interesting how he vaguely alludes to Jon's exit although we don't know when this interview was conducted, but his mentioning of getting rid of the old and getting new things in is quite interesting. I would be thoroughly weirded out if it is in fact Paul playing guitar alongside John as I never particularly thought he was a great guitar player, but then again the parts are written by Omar so who knows. The questions abound.

When have you heard him play guitar?

[John Frusciante]'s my closest friend next to Cedric.

Ha! Omar and Cedric are still best friends! :smile: :smile:

Yeah...Sorry to deviate. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not letting this fiasco about Jon T go anytime soon. I still want a goddamn explanation!

Sorry if it sounds old or outdone but I just wanna make sure that no one forgets.

I love your signature Cragget! Haha...the Rejected videos..

Yes, the whole "..my best friend--next to Cedric." statement was very reassuring. Nice find.

#76 chevpowr

chevpowr

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 04-September 05

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:52 PM

i wonder if jon wasn't happy about how the album turned out... I mean he put all that work into recording it with the band just to leave or get booted out or whatever. I think its just silly.
Im now ordering Golden cd's so can hear something new from jon....

but i really hope that when blake makes his little improv on stage, he doesnt suck. I guess thats all we can hope for.

#77 stone86

stone86

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 02-May 05

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

sweet article

#78 xenuwantsyou

xenuwantsyou

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 22-August 05

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

I just hope Omar doesn't go all Roger Waters on us.

#79 cptanarchy

cptanarchy

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 10-August 06
  • Interests:Music, Skateboarding, Writing...jamming oh jeez
  • Myspace

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:28 AM

I just hope Omar doesn't go all Roger Waters on us.

#80 Andrewf

Andrewf

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2674 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:42 AM

so obviously, Omar is playing majority of guitar on the album. You can "hear" it. But was it ever confirmed officially?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)