IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Stone Temple Pilotsbest release?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: well... (28 member(s) have cast votes)

well...

1. Core (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

2. Purple (13 votes [61.90%])

Percentage of vote: 61.90%

3. Tiny Music (2 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. No.4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Shrangi La Dee Da (2 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 (Z)

(Z)

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Joined 22-November 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:39 AM

...anyone?

#2 Santana

Santana

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2552 posts
  • Joined 18-July 03
  • Interests:tilting at windmills

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:56 AM

fuck yeah, im listening to them right now........mother fucker

#3 Melancholy Phlegmatic

Melancholy Phlegmatic

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1589 posts
  • Joined 17-February 04
  • Interests:Sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and touches.

Posted 27 March 2004 - 04:19 AM

fuck yes! i love them...

#4 emailaddressesaremyenemy

emailaddressesaremyenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts
  • Joined 28-December 03
  • Interests:read my posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:49 AM

i like them, anyone heard velvet revolver?

#5 clipside72

clipside72

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:55 PM

STP is good stuff, too bad Weiland never really got his shit together. I always enjoyed most of Dean DeLeo's guitar playing. I am glad I went to see them when I did, it was their last show in Chicago. I Wasn't too crazy about "Shangri-La Dee Da"
though.

#6 kaneh_bosm

kaneh_bosm

SpiderLady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts
  • Joined 06-October 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

CORE forever!!!
One of my tops :biggrin:

#7 (Z)

(Z)

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Joined 22-November 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:32 PM

:biggrin:
Core, Purple and No.4 rock beyond rockin' :biggrin: :biggrin:

#8 clipside72

clipside72

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:41 PM

:biggrin:
Core, Purple and No.4 rock beyond rockin' :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey where is the love for Tiny Music...? Purple doesn't have a bad song on it :biggrin:

#9 (Z)

(Z)

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Joined 22-November 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:45 PM

see, i dont have Tiny Music *lowers head in shame*
and yes, Purple is perfect...i love, love Kitchenware and Candybars

#10 clipside72

clipside72

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:55 PM

I like Tiny Music because I think it was not a typical STP record. They took the music in a bit of a different direction and vocally (even though I think it was at the height of his drug use) it was Weiland's best.

Sell me down the river....

#11 ataraxia ever

ataraxia ever

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2622 posts
  • Joined 19-July 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:23 PM

I like Tiny Music because I think it was not a typical STP record. They took the music in a bit of a different direction and vocally (even though I think it was at the height of his drug use) it was Weiland's best.

Sell me down the river....

I fully agree!

#12 ataraxia ever

ataraxia ever

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2622 posts
  • Joined 19-July 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:27 PM

I haven`t yet,but what I want is STP to be back in no more than 3 years,which is difficult,I know.

and I have a lot more expectation for Scott`s second solo album,because I loved his first solo record "12 bar blues".I highly recommend this album to everyone,and specially to someone who loves "tiny music". :wink:

#13 clipside72

clipside72

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 08:05 PM

I haven`t yet,but what I want is STP to be back in no more than 3 years,which is difficult,I know.

and I have a lot more expectation for Scott`s second solo album,because I loved his first solo record "12 bar blues".I highly recommend this album to everyone,and specially to someone who loves "tiny music". :wink:

That is some good stuff :biggrin: I really like "Opposite Octave Reaction" but there are quite a few good songs off that album, it is a shame it sometimes goes overlooked.

#14 fencefacade

fencefacade

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts
  • Joined 07-January 04
  • Interests:thinking, making others think, getting chased by others, making up games and naming them after great literary works, sitting down, destroying while creating something new, sink, ice cream, frozen yogurt, mathematics, psychological exploitations, ask me

Posted 27 March 2004 - 08:17 PM

core is a really good album

#15 ataraxia ever

ataraxia ever

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2622 posts
  • Joined 19-July 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 08:22 PM

That is some good stuff :biggrin: I really like "Opposite Octave Reaction" but there are quite a few good songs off that album, it is a shame it sometimes goes overlooked.

I like the whole album and you are a pig. :mad:
:punch:
:slap2:

#16 ataraxia ever

ataraxia ever

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2622 posts
  • Joined 19-July 03

Posted 27 March 2004 - 08:23 PM

J/K!:
smile:

#17 guerrero

guerrero

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03
  • Interests:mostly i like to make things, <br />and i like organization

Posted 27 March 2004 - 08:24 PM

yess, my best friend and i have attempted and bought tickets four times and
every one of our attempts has been twarted!!
so i guess i'm just not ment to see them
but i do love them

#18 motherprussia

motherprussia

Creep/Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts
  • Joined 22-September 03
  • Interests:Peter Gabriel, buttplugs, interracial marriage, banjos, soft serve ice cream, Wal-Greens, independent trucking, Andrew Johnson, Cheerios, Deep Woods OFF, wool scarves, repetition, hobbies, lace, red pepper flakes, pine forest scent
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 28 March 2004 - 01:10 AM

i love purple and tiny music and no 4...no 4 is my favorite i think...but still remains is my favorite song of theirs...of all the "grunge" bands...this is the band that i only really care about...they've got something extra...and weiland has some pretty good range vocally...

#19 Matt EW (the haunt of)

Matt EW (the haunt of)

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 18-January 04
  • Interests:“People do not like a tough person unless he is their tough person”<br><br> This quote is true. People will go out of their way to be nice to someone who is “tough.” This is because it is easier to have that person on your side then against you. A tough person can be a real pain unless they are aligned with you, and they are your tough person.<br> I have dealt with this in real life with my Uncle Jimmy. He is a very tough guy. He wear’s wife-beaters, watches Nascar, and drinks heavily. Needless to say he has a short fuse, and is not afraid to: “put that woman in her place.”<br> I’ve learned throughout life it is just easier to be nice to Uncle Jimmy, even when he is drunk and being mean for no reason. This lesson was not easily learned however. I can remember one time when I was 9, on a hot summer day in July, I asked my Uncle Jimmy for a glass of lemonade, so he busted my lip open. Now this seemed a bit unfair, since he had just made a full pitcher, so I pointed that out. He told me little bastards weren’t allowed to drink lemonade, and preceded to dump the lemonade down the sink and kick me in the ribs.<br> Over the years I experienced more of the same. I experienced some black eyes after multiple “wanting to use the bathroom incidents.” Or some missing teeth from the time I told him Macho Man could beat Hulk Hogan. One day though, I had an epiphany, somewhat like the quote above. I had to make Uncle Jimmy like me. I had to stop disagreeing and arguing with him and making silly requests like “something to eat.” I just had to mind my manners and do what I was told. It was easier to swallow my pride and agree with Uncle Jimmy, then have him assert his toughness all the time. <br> My Uncle Jimmy soon picked up on my new behavior after an event when he dumped steaming hot Macaroni and Cheese on my lap, and I simply apologized and left the room. I didn’t think asking for a fork was mouthing off, but apparently he did, so I did the easy thing and simply agreed with him, not wanting to deal with his “tough” attitude.<br> My new approach work, Uncle Jimmy was my tough guy. We became best of friends. Now I got to watch Uncle Jimmy be tough from a different perspective. He taught me how to steal money from hobos, cheat on your taxes, and tell a hooker from cop. He even taught me a game called Squeeze The Snake; I didn’t like that game very much.<br> So I find this quote to be very true. People will go out of their way to be nice to a tough person, to befriend them, because it is easier to do that then deal with their threatening personality. I most definitely learned this over the course of my life thus far. And even though Uncle Jimmy died of lung cancer, I can guarantee that I will never be arrested for soliciting a prostitute.

Posted 28 March 2004 - 03:00 AM

Tiny Music was fucking bad-ass, Core was one of the first alternative albums I ever got into so it also has a special play in my heart.

#20 lu!s

lu!s

forum loser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11589 posts
  • Joined 17-November 03
  • Interests:I like things.<br /><br />

Posted 28 March 2004 - 03:01 AM

I like them...but their last cd wasnt really good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users