IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

TMV history spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 kev821

kev821

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:51 PM

So we need to know when the Ximena records were made, and the Ipecac series.

xenophanes is post bedlam, Pridgen thought he was working on new tmv when he recorded it.

#22 hbk111

hbk111

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3160 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:04 PM

Post-Octahedron to be exact. But I’m talking about the records where she sings lead. We don’t know the order of Cizana, Solar, Tycho or Ciencia.

#23 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:13 PM

xenophanes is post bedlam, Pridgen thought he was working on new tmv when he recorded it.

I don't like to discuss personal matters too much, but I'll make an exception here, because Ximena is a public figure herself and was an important part of Omar's creative output. It was revealed that their relationship began at Zero Fest in Guadalajara (2008-04-26). She was featured on many solo projects during their relationship, until the fall 2010 ORLG euro tour was suddenly cancelled due to a "family emergency" (Sep 22nd, only a few days after the Chicago show). I always thought it had something to do with Omar's mother becoming ill. Omar talked about her a lot and recorded Un Corazon De Nadie in November 2010. But it's also the case that after Cizana came out in October, Ximena vanished from future releases and the next recording session that we know of - in January 2011 - was for Octopus Kool Aid, the first one with Teri. So that "family emergency" could have been their break up. We will never know, but it gives us a rough time frame: Spring 2008 - Fall 2010.

I'm trying to ask Johann Scheerer about the recording date of Cizana, because it was reportedly done in Hamburg. Could have been the first Clouds Hill project (not counting Omar guesting on the Taka-Takaz tracks). It's weird, because it has a song from the 2009 ORLG tour, but a different line-up. It's a mystery. (I have a suspicion there might be a connection between that session and the filming of El Divino Influjo De Los Secretos, which took place in Hamburg aswell and (originally) featured Ximena)

Some unrelated Instagram findings:

Bosnian Rainbows LP2/demo session?

"A clip from the Antemasque film I shot and edited."-Adam Thompson

#24 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4069 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:00 PM

never knew about that lost 2008 BBC session, id love to hear it

#25 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:11 PM

I don't like to discuss personal matters too much, but I'll make an exception here, because Ximena is a public figure herself and was an important part of Omar's creative output. It was revealed that their relationship began at Zero Fest in Guadalajara (2008-04-26). She was featured on many solo projects during their relationship, until the fall 2010 ORLG euro tour was suddenly cancelled due to a "family emergency" (Sep 22nd, only a few days after the Chicago show). I always thought it had something to do with Omar's mother becoming ill. Omar talked about her a lot and recorded Un Corazon De Nadie in November 2010. But it's also the case that after Cizana came out in October, Ximena vanished from future releases and the next recording session that we know of - in January 2011 - was for Octopus Kool Aid, the first one with Teri. So that "family emergency" could have been their break up. We will never know, but it gives us a rough time frame: Spring 2008 - Fall 2010.

I'm trying to ask Johann Scheerer about the recording date of Cizana, because it was reportedly done in Hamburg. Could have been the first Clouds Hill project (not counting Omar guesting on the Taka-Takaz tracks). It's weird, because it has a song from the 2009 ORLG tour, but a different line-up. It's a mystery. (I have a suspicion there might be a connection between that session and the filming of El Divino Influjo De Los Secretos, which took place in Hamburg aswell and (originally) featured Ximena)

https://youtu.be/Fwt9oBHbcrk?t=170

https://youtu.be/Fwt9oBHbcrk?t=194

But isn't that Ximena with Omar in 2011?

#26 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:23 PM

You are right. Didn't know that. Edited my post. Thanks.

#27 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4881 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:25 PM

There was also a tease of a studioo version of one of lp2 antemasque songs

#28 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:11 PM

hey, this is really cool. how detailed are you trying to get with this?

#29 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6095 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:38 AM

I also wonder if there would be any value using the wayback machine on the GSL page to gain some lost info.  

#30 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:10 PM

Cedric recording with Anywhere

That one's easy: Cedric met Christian at Sonny Kay's art show on Feb 11th, 2010. According to the bio, Christian asked Mike Watt to play bass on the album when he guested on his radio show during the album sessions (2 days at Melvin's practice space). The radio show happened on June 6th, 2010, so the Anywhere album was recorded around that date.

There was a pic of Juliette Lewis in studio w/ Omar on her Myspace page back in the days. Wish we could figure out when that happened...

#31 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6332 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

?

#32 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3055 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:29 PM

?
http://forum.thecoma...howtopic=106553

#33 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7167 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:37 PM

John played at all three Wiltern '04 shows.

May 6, 2004 - on Veil

May 12, 2004 - on Drunkship *EDIT: I was wrong*

May 13, 2004 - on Veil

#34 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7167 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:40 PM

They were filming the L'Via music video at London Brixton '05 shows. Or at least we can see the cameras on the 13th audience DVD. Were the crews around for other shows?

Or perhaps footage from those shows are what was used for the L'Via music video.

#35 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:20 PM

May 6, 2004 - on Veil

May 12, 2004 - on Drunkship

May 13, 2004 - on Veil

Are you sure? Can't hear him on Drunkship.

#36 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • 4069 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:06 AM

There was a pic of Juliette Lewis in studio w/ Omar on her Myspace page back in the days. Wish we could figure out when that happened...

he produced her album terra incognita. wouldnt be surprised if he plays something too, thomas and marcel are on it

#37 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • 4069 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:08 AM

?

fuck, its out there somewhere. flip, you still got this?

also worth noting that the mtv canada goliath link on there inst for the full song, i used to have it at one point but not anymore

#38 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7167 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:40 AM

May 6, 2004 - on Veil

May 12, 2004 - on Drunkship

May 13, 2004 - on Veil

Are you sure? Can't hear him on Drunkship.

I am very mistaken. My miss. fliprusty 

#39 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7167 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:47 AM

?

fuck, its out there somewhere. flip, you still got this?

also worth noting that the mtv canada goliath link on there inst for the full song, i used to have it at one point but not anymore

I don't remember this BBC '08 one. But I bet you can find info on it here in The Coma. 

*EDIT - see that you did bump it. Seems like it was a bad radio quality rip. So I might have neglected it then. 

Goliath MTV - my memory is fuzzy on this. I thought there might have been a full version from a webrip. But the broadcast version only seems to be incomplete version (without Coda). But it's the first time they introduce the 'fever jam' right?

#40 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6332 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 14 April 2020 - 08:21 AM

Well, goddamn. I had no idea that existed. Was that when they drew on the walls at Maide Vale and caused the refurbishment? That wasn't cool. Anyway I'm going to email my friend at Radio One and see if they can't find it in the archive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users