IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

System of a DownSystem over a cup of tea, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#341 Fonz

Fonz

Truth soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8448 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06
  • Interests:Writing, Music, Film.
  • Facebook

Posted 07 November 2020 - 01:59 PM

You’re right. It is a slightly worse execution. And while I disagree with the drummers political views (still his freedom of choice), I still have a respect for them consistently trying to champion human rights. That makes this band pretty special still imo.

#342 Fonz

Fonz

Truth soldier

• Members
  • 8448 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06
  • Interests:Writing, Music, Film.
  • Facebook

Posted 07 November 2020 - 05:56 PM

I am on a total Mezmerize Hypnotize kick now. What a fucking great double album.

#343 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2985 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:44 PM

Not half bad stuff.....

They make it pretty clear in the rollingstone piece (at least serj does) that they’re doing this for charitable and awareness reasons and that serj doesn’t see system as an ongoing creative endeavor.....pretty clear the dude isn’t into either the type of music or into the creative process with this group of people (daron sounds difficult to work with to say the least). In any event, here’s two tunes I guess!

He explained about 2 years ago that he doesnt want to sing daron's lyrics and melodies

I mean I don’t entirely blame serj - find it silly that daron won’t bend on giving serj space on songwriting or whatever. Such an odd dynamic but that is how bands are......egos can and are a thing.

#344 kev821

kev821

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 08 November 2020 - 04:42 AM

Not half bad stuff.....

They make it pretty clear in the rollingstone piece (at least serj does) that they’re doing this for charitable and awareness reasons and that serj doesn’t see system as an ongoing creative endeavor.....pretty clear the dude isn’t into either the type of music or into the creative process with this group of people (daron sounds difficult to work with to say the least). In any event, here’s two tunes I guess!

He explained about 2 years ago that he doesnt want to sing daron's lyrics and melodies
I mean I don’t entirely blame serj - find it silly that daron won’t bend on giving serj space on songwriting or whatever. Such an odd dynamic but that is how bands are......egos can and are a thing.
For sure serjs solo music is better than this and scars on broadway, o well it is what is it, i know there doing this for a cause but these track are a let down, feel bad for Serj his bandmates are clowns, well not shavo but he does looks like one

#345 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6506 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 08 November 2020 - 07:44 AM

Not for me, ta.

#346 kev821

kev821

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:27 PM

Not for me, ta.

Word, genocidal humanoids had a few good riffs, but protect the land sounds basic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users