IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Mars Volta vinyl

• Please log in to reply
1840 replies to this topic

#1801 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6010 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:24 PM

There's an original Deloused on ebay. How was the sound quality on that?

On the MOV reissue? Personally I think those sound much better than the originals.

I meant the original press, not the MOV ones. I have the MOV Gold, but it's pressed from the CD master.

#1802 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined 30-December 09

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:37 PM

There's an original Deloused on ebay. How was the sound quality on that?

On the MOV reissue? Personally I think those sound much better than the originals.

I meant the original press, not the MOV ones. I have the MOV Gold, but it's pressed from the CD master.
I don’t know if I pick up much on the mastering or whatnot. But I know the OG press is pretty noisy. It is a picture disc afterall so the sound quality isn’t that great. I only ever spin my MOV version now. It sounds much nicer. Not as noisy

#1803 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6010 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:48 AM

Thank you.

#1804 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined 30-December 09

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:26 PM

Thank you.

I take it you don’t have the original press

#1805 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6010 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:09 PM

No I don't. I don't have the MOV Gold Deloused any more either, I just sold it for huuuuuuge profit.

#1806 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined 30-December 09

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

No I don't. I don't have the MOV Gold Deloused any more either, I just sold it for huuuuuuge profit.

It’s insane how much those sell for now. Kicking myself for not getting all 3 variants when I had the chance

#1807 SiLic0ne_t0aD

SiLic0ne_t0aD

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-December 19
  • Interests:Music

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:35 AM

Well, I'm down to just needing a couple more albums on vinyl now, so if anyone has Noctourniquet, an original Amputecture (I have the red MoV) and a MoV De-loused (I don't want the original), I'd love to complete my collection!

I only have a couple more singles to get as well, Goliath being the main one needed to pretty much round out that collection. I've been watching Ebay, Discogs & Reverb LP like a hawk, but I figured I'd try here. Thanks!
\m/(>_<)\m/

#1808 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1645 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:03 PM

Nice! 

I missed out on the Goliath EP a few years back (it went for silly money) and haven't seen one up since. I think it's the only one I have left to get... that said I passed up the test presses Sonny was selling a while ago. Would have loved some of those bad boys! Good luck with the hunt. 

#1809 kev821

kev821

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:30 PM

Put on my noctourniquet lp yesterday good luck, never got scab dates or any of the singles, just discovered reverb lp a few days ago got some stuff coming in.

#1810 SiLic0ne_t0aD

SiLic0ne_t0aD

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-December 19
  • Interests:Music

Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:46 PM

Thanks guys! Got a few more checked off.. I snagged a mint, silver MoV De-loused, OG Amp pressing, Noctourniquet and even the ever elusive, Goliath 12". I just need the "Is Anybody There?" live boot and I'm finished. I suppose I could get into even more color variants than I already have (Tremulant EPs, glow in the dark Frances & The Widow single, etc) but I think I'll be less aggressive about pursuing those, if at all. I can say though, at least I have one of everything now. Plus, I hate to see the grand total of what this whole crazy adventure cost. Lol. However, I didn't overpay on anything.. every single one, I got for a fair price, especially when considering what Volta wax goes for nowadays. I could kick myself for buying CD's instead of vinyl back in the day. Oh well, easy come, easy go I suppose. Perhaps I'll track down at least one, authentic TMV test pressing someday (I have a bogus Plague Upon Your Hissing Corpse "test pressing"), but I better save my pennies! ;) Maybe I'll post a pic when everything arrives in the mail.

Just keep an eye on Discogs, ebay and reverb LP.. You're bound to run across some good deals. Good luck to you as well!

#1811 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5960 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:29 AM

Still need that Goliath single.  That is my last BIG Volta buy.  I could seek out GitD FtM, but...eh, couple hundred bucks for a shitty sounding version of the album?  Pass.

#1812 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined 30-December 09

Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:16 AM

Thanks guys! Got a few more checked off.. I snagged a mint, silver MoV De-loused, OG Amp pressing, Noctourniquet and even the ever elusive, Goliath 12". I just need the "Is Anybody There?" live boot and I'm finished. I suppose I could get into even more color variants than I already have (Tremulant EPs, glow in the dark Frances & The Widow single, etc) but I think I'll be less aggressive about pursuing those, if at all. I can say though, at least I have one of everything now. Plus, I hate to see the grand total of what this whole crazy adventure cost. Lol. However, I didn't overpay on anything.. every single one, I got for a fair price, especially when considering what Volta wax goes for nowadays. I could kick myself for buying CD's instead of vinyl back in the day. Oh well, easy come, easy go I suppose. Perhaps I'll track down at least one, authentic TMV test pressing someday (I have a bogus Plague Upon Your Hissing Corpse "test pressing"), but I better save my pennies! ;) Maybe I'll post a pic when everything arrives in the mail.

Just keep an eye on Discogs, ebay and reverb LP.. You're bound to run across some good deals. Good luck to you as well!

Nice scores! I’m still kicking myself for not buying all 3 MOV deloused variants when they were released. Can’t believe how much they go for these days. Luckily I have one of everything, but I want a full 100% complete variant collection. Including Omar stuff. This is the year I’ll make that happen, hopefully.

#1813 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2867 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:11 PM

Just waiting for the band to kick back up and then to reissue their studio albums......annoying how their vinyls are all out of print.

#1814 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:55 PM

De-Loused and Amputechture 2014 MOV reissues for 33,20€ each. Shipping from France

https://www.fnac.com...LP-Vinyle-album

https://www.fnac.com...re-Vinyle-album

#1815 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6010 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:14 PM

How do I get that posted to UK? My french is appalling.

#1816 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6010 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:22 PM

Done and done. £38 including postage. Bargain of the day right there. Rose, you're a real star.

#1817 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined 30-December 09

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

De-Loused and Amputechture 2014 MOV reissues for 33,20€ each. Shipping from France

https://www.fnac.com...LP-Vinyle-album

https://www.fnac.com...re-Vinyle-album

how do i add my state onto the shipping address? i'm having trouble finalizing my purchase

#1818 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined 30-December 09

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

Done and done. £38 including postage. Bargain of the day right there. Rose, you're a real star.

Perhaps you can help me out? Can’t seem to get the shipping address right

#1819 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6010 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

Took me an age to find out what France thinks my country is called. Is it that?

#1820 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined 30-December 09

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

Took me an age to find out what France thinks my country is called. Is it that?

I have the country. But I don’t see an option to put my state in. I’ve tried putting it in the other lines but when I try and go to pay it says there’s an issue with my address.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users