IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez' emotional past year

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

Personal speculation here, I think it's pretty obvious that Cedric works at one pace, and Omar has had his side project since '01 or whatever it was. Omar probably just expected to go off at his own pace while Cedric took some time off, but Cedric was geared up and eager to go.

Sometimes people just go in different ways, you can't help it. But they should be talking to each other I mean wtf.

#22 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
  • Interests:Being a bitch
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Punching my dick until I can't feel my balls
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

That's not the point whatsoever.  The point is that he's painting himself to be oblivious and innocent in interviews.  Again, not that he necessarily did anything "wrong" since they both have their own reasons and perspectives, but he clearly didn't want to work with Cedric anymore and formed BR with the intention of only focusing on that in the foreseeable future.  He is really the one that broke up TMV even if he refuses to publicly say so.  It's just annoying to hear/read him act totally oblivious in interview after interview and act like TMV ending is a surprise to him.  There's even a video of him talking to the audience during a BR showing saying something along the lines of "this is my band, don't ask me about The Mars Volta".  He doesn't have to go into personal details about why him and Cedric are distant now, but damn I wish he would just be honest for once and admit that he didn't want to work with Cedric so he formed BR instead.

I completely agree, yet I can't see how anyone would NOT want to work with such an amazing vocalist like Cedric?! absolutely crazy. It's really a bummer to see how much Omar tried to sabotage and really did not give a shit about TMV since like 09? and al the people he dragged through the mud with him, no wonder so many members fell off, Cedric got the worst of it, he had to deal with Omars neurotic shit the whole time. Seems like Omar just wanted some new thing to give him a rush for how ever long that will last, not realizing he could have done this with TMV. What happens with BR when Teri and Omar break up? :0

Anyways I agree he is trying to come off innocent trying to push under the rug what caused Cedric to publically break it off with Omar, I mean Cedric didn't just randomly end the band Omar pushed Cedric to make such a decision. All for the best anyways, Zavalaz is going to be off the hook, it's going to be awesome to see Ced branch out.

#23 Lantros

Lantros

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 30-September 09

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Personally, I think he has acting a whole lot more dignified than Cedric. Seems a shame to end a 20 year or so friendship via Twitter.

This!

And this too...

Sometimes people just go in different ways, you can't help it. But they should be talking to each other I mean wtf.

:smile:

#24 Pongo

Pongo

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

He doesn't have to go into personal details about why him and Cedric are distant now, but damn I wish he would just be honest for once and admit that he didn't want to work with Cedric so he formed BR instead.

What if the reasons are personal?
Mataxia addressed that.  Omar doesn't have to specify why or how, but to act like he never saw it coming is not exactly being honest.

That's what I get for posting at work.

#25 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06
  • Interests:Gotta have that Frank's(tm) hot sauce! [Some people call me the Based Pelican]

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

omar is a pretentious dick, there i said it

#26 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06
  • Interests:Gotta have that Frank's(tm) hot sauce! [Some people call me the Based Pelican]

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

#teamcedric #bosnianrainbowssux

#27 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

BUT BUTTERS HES A SENSITIVE ARTIST WHOSe NEEDS CANT BE MET BY THE CONFINES OF THE MaRS VOLTA LOL

#28 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

just saying, too many people here are way too quick to justify whatever omar does even if it means breaking up their favorite band for fucking BOSNIAN RAINBOWS

yes i know BR was around before the end of tmv. doesn't change my point

#29 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6110 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

C'mon guys go easy on Omar, he's had an emotional year.

#30 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2672 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

C'mon guys go easy on Omar, he's had an emotional year.

Everyone has those

#31 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

Streben nach dem Unendlichen

• Members
  • 8523 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

I think Neil's stand point was very much polite and well articulated. So , yeah.

#32 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

the worlds not a polite place. no need to walk on egg shells

#33 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

don't worry guys you can crucify me if you want

#34 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

i'm just gonna stop posting in this section before everyone stops being my friend

ButtersAroused.jpg

#35 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
  • Interests:Being a bitch
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Punching my dick until I can't feel my balls
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

the worlds not a polite place. no need to walk on egg shells

LETS GET RUDE AS FUCKKKKK 

#36 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

FUCK paul mccartney, FUCK hippies, and FUCK positive thinking.

#37 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4793 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

You're posting on a fucking message board, which is about as disconnected from the reality of Omar's situation as you can get. Come back after your mother dies and we can talk.

#38 roobster

roobster

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

He doesn't have to discuss TMV with anyone but Cedric, Juan, Marcel and D'. Now... he doesn't have to give bullshit answers, either. It would be a lot better if he just say something like "we grew apart", "it wasn't fun" or "my heart was not into it at the moment" or whatever...without going into any details... That stuff happens all the time with bands and between artists. Even if it sucks for us, the fans, it's better that each go their own way. Life goes on. But that hippie bullshit makes him look like a bit selfish. 

#39 the tentacled pelican

the tentacled pelican

ok so basically im monky

• Members
  • 13320 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

You're posting on a fucking message board, which is about as disconnected from the reality of Omar's situation as you can get. Come back after your mother dies and we can talk.

lol.

Edited by Big Rig Butters, 28 May 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#40 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10381 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

He doesn't have to discuss TMV with anyone but Cedric, Juan, Marcel and D'. Now... he doesn't have to give bullshit answers, either. It would be a lot better if he just say something like "we grew apart", "it wasn't fun" or "my heart was not into it at the moment" or whatever...without going into any details... That stuff happens all the time with bands and between artists. Even if it sucks for us, the fans, it's better that each go their own way. Life goes on. But that hippie bullshit makes him look like a bit foolish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users