IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Most Unappreciated Album of 21st Century

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cochese

Cochese

Tyrannosaurus Sex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12777 posts
  • Joined 10-July 03

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

The reason this is not up for debate is not because I'm drunk right now....I feel like I have stats and facts to back me up.

not only did the ROCK actually have the ROLL in it but the various Rock & Roll influences blended into a cohesive album (classic rock/glam/punk/two-tone/etc)

It saddens me to know that I could turn on this mic and shit on it at this very moment and still get more listens than the songs on this album have after being on youtube for a few years.

The album was literally dead on arrival.

Universal killed all marketing before the fucking album was released....a lot of their own fans didn't even know about Late News Breaking so it never even achieved cult status

Reason #1

a lot of songs were political/religious/spiritual without being preachy.

Reason #2

The best Anti-War of the early 2000's (God bless the Dixie Chicks)

Reason #3

I like Conspiracy Theories....and when songs about them make you want to dance....I'm sold....The Clash would approve of this

#2 Cochese

Cochese

Tyrannosaurus Sex

• Members
  • 12777 posts
  • Joined 10-July 03

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

Rock and roll is soul music. Rock and roll comes from the depths of the human being you know? I don’t want to pigeonhole things but take like the emo music that is popular now, kids can relate to that because they are singing about things that they relate to. You know, like their girlfriend just broke up with them in eighth grade or their mom and dad not understanding them or whatever and that’s fine but to me music is so much more than surface issues. I think you can sing about those things and do it right but most music I see today is just very surface level stuff that doesn’t go past the fact of life that people get misunderstood. We have all been misunderstood at one time or another I suppose but I like a little more meat on the bones there so we tried to make an album that touched on all the things that we as a band think about, not just on the personal level but also on the political and social and spiritual level you know? Not necessarily taking a slant on those things but just putting it out there for people to decide on whatever issue we are singing about, whether it’s a spiritual issue or political issue or whatever. Hopefully we don’t slant it too much but instead just present it as a really human or a really personal look at what’s going on in the world or what’s going on in the government or anything like that. I think the things that I love about my favorite bands, like The Clash or whatever, The Clash never tells you what to believe, at least not as I take it, they just tell you to believe and to be involved and to be active and to not just sit idly by. That’s especially true in America, a country where we are led to believe that “We the People” control the future of our nation because we elect our leaders. So as far as we know we are still in control of that, I realize that some people would argue that with the way the last election went and stuff though. I have to believe though that the real change, be it political, social, or personal, starts with the individual. Hopefully what we have done is make an honest album that speaks to these issues and will get people interested and get people thinking and motivate people but at the same time is enjoyable and fun and is a release. One of the good things about rock and roll is that it can make you forget about your troubles for a little while even if it’s addressing them, especially on the live level of Squad Five-0. If you come to see us it’s a party! It’s an event that you can be involved in. It’s not just coming to see a band; it’s something that you are actively participating in. Hopefully this album comes closer to that experience than anything else that we have made. We want to be a band that is known for taking a stand and believing in something but also for just being a good band.

#3 Cochese

Cochese

Tyrannosaurus Sex

• Members
  • 12777 posts
  • Joined 10-July 03

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

At first I thought I was going a bit over the top with the thread name....but after a lot of desperate attempts in like 4 or 5 other threads ....still no one wants to listen

add that on to the fact that no one has listened or commented on the album anywhere on the internet this decade.....

I think I've made my case.

This shit is the fucking definition of Rock and Roll

The singer might not have the pipes of Eddie Vedder or Cedric Bixler....but his charisma rivaled them easily...no fucking joke

I always believed that their albums never did them justice because their live shows where so awesome....but unfortunately there is nothing good on youtube...either bad recordings or bad sound setup......when I'm rich I'm going to search out people and pay them to dig up their footage haha

I've NEVER thought this band was ahead of their time....except when it came to the lyrics ...for obvious reasons here:

(2000)

So long Manhattan Island.
Our pride in you had no end.
New York, New York.
Our pride has done you in.
Lights out, New York City.
You were the first, but you won't be the last.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users