IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

(#056) Doom Patrol2017-07-14

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#61 olympusmons

olympusmons

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Joined 25-April 06

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:37 AM

I got 22 new albums by an artist I knew I liked, but am now obsessed by. I am 50 and would never have expected to go back to obsessive fandom. Thanks Omar and Ipecac, and bollocks to anyone who feels somehow short changed.

Alright! I'm not the oldest one here! I'm 38 and thought I was, but yeah, it's ridiculous how good this guy is, making great music in all kinds of types and styles.
Right on! And I'm buying and downloading the FLACs in case he has a hissy fit/breaks up with Teri (or Deantoni?) and deletes everything.
45 here. Hooray for the olds!

Looking forward to the next Omar release.
old people hooray!!!!!

jk i'm 28, in your face haha
It'll be a very very long shot, but for my 40th birthday in a little over a year, I'm going to try to make an Omar solo show happen at a small club here in El Paso if he still lives here. It would cost me thousands but I'm willing to do it. The people from the club are his friends so I'll start talking to them about it soon. Old people here can get in for free!

Excellent. I'll drive in from Dallas.

#62 TL_

TL_

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2514 posts
  • Joined 11-October 10

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

I got 22 new albums by an artist I knew I liked, but am now obsessed by. I am 50 and would never have expected to go back to obsessive fandom. Thanks Omar and Ipecac, and bollocks to anyone who feels somehow short changed.

Alright! I'm not the oldest one here! I'm 38 and thought I was, but yeah, it's ridiculous how good this guy is, making great music in all kinds of types and styles.

Right on! And I'm buying and downloading the FLACs in case he has a hissy fit/breaks up with Teri (or Deantoni?) and deletes everything.

old people hooray!!!!!

It'll be a very very long shot, but for my 40th birthday in a little over a year, I'm going to try to make an Omar solo show happen at a small club here in El Paso if he still lives here. It would cost me thousands but I'm willing to do it. The people from the club are his friends so I'll start talking to them about it soon. Old people here can get in for free!

Booking my flight to El Paso now.

#63 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5865 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

old people hooray!!!!!

If it happens let me know as I'll definitely pay to fly out.  

#64 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4359 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Maybe this friday?

#65 natedog807

natedog807

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2901 posts
  • Joined 11-April 11
  • Interests:I wanted to edit this, but this just seems like a lot of work. I need to do my English essay and study for my Econ final

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:14 AM

old people hooray!!!!!

If it happens let me know as I'll definitely pay to fly out.

Literally exact Sam, I'll be living near Dallas and would totally make this drive

#66 PliskinTMV

PliskinTMV

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 02-March 12

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

What if he will pass them a hip hop album where he raps "fuk u mike patton u piece of shit kiedis impersonator". Will they release it?

Oh my God, I'm not even a massive Patton fan but geez.... Reading this made me audibly gasp. :mad:
mr bungle is amazing clown music imo
FTFY

#67 sshambles

sshambles

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

I'm sure new records will come. This series really isn't finished at all. Another 12 to come I believe.

#68 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5641 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

Another 12 to come I believe.

Belief based on what? I had a release schedule delivered to me a month ago that represented three records including Birth Of A Ghost.

#69 greytux

greytux

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

The With Lions x @wearedarkangelz trailer cue album is now done (co-written w/ @deantoniparks) feat vox by @LeButcherettes and more! (1/2)

(2/2) Artwork being finished & release plans being discussed. Stay tuned! Massive sounding. Cc: @deantoniparks #trailercues #wearedarkangels

#70 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2944 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hype.

#71 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4359 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

The With Lions x @wearedarkangelz trailer cue album is now done (co-written w/ @deantoniparks) feat vox by @LeButcherettes and more! (1/2)

(2/2) Artwork being finished & release plans being discussed. Stay tuned! Massive sounding. Cc: @deantoniparks #trailercues #wearedarkangels

i have a feeling it's an album without omar. nothing is mentioned. unless omar releases an album that is actually not his?

#72 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2944 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

It's not with Omar.

#73 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3720 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

trailer cue? that sounds not so interesting. what happened to the minidoc?

#74 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4359 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:00 AM

trailer cue? that sounds not so interesting. what happened to the minidoc?

That is a trailer cue to the parks/teri album. No omar. Minidoc got the same treatment as scabdates2

#75 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Something's wrong :/

#76 sshambles

sshambles

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:40 AM

I asked the record company about the box set being available in December last year, their response was:

6/12/2016:
Christmas of this year????

It will not be out until all of the releases are out. That will be at least another year.

After that they said there'd be another 10-15 releases, which we all know was the second 12-LP series.

This leads me to think there will be a third series, taking it to closer to the end of the year. That's the only proof I have.

#77 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4359 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

So you mean 12 more albums? Still cant see logic why you came to that conclusion. 6 more albums is possible though

#78 sshambles

sshambles

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

How long until the end of the year? Like 26+ weeks. Enough for another run of albums per fortnight until the end of the year.

#79 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5865 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

I can't fucking wait for a few more renditions of Tentaculos and Sea is Rising.

PS:  I wish this album's name was boob patrol.

#80 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5641 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

It's an MF Doom / Omar collab, Marcel on beats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users