IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Mars Volta vinyl

• Please log in to reply
1792 replies to this topic

#41 funkiknight

funkiknight

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 22-March 09

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

I just ordered a glowie frances because it was a lot cheaper than I had ever seen it on ebay, but when it arrived it was SEALED unlike what the description said it was... I really want to open and look at it and play it but i don't know what to do... I mean, i collect the vinyls for my enjoyment not to keep and sell later so I would never buy a sealed copy, but opening one up is a whole different story...

If you look in the middle you should see the Frances 12" packed in the middle. If it's there, it's the glow. If you do not see it i would
recommend opening it to verify.

It's definitely there, and it came with the red insert as well... but, i dunno if it may have been re-sealed. was there any sticker on the package of the sealed copy? I can see some weathering on the creases but thats it. I would think that would be standard after a few years even if it was sealed...

#42 Exoskeletal_Eriatarka

Exoskeletal_Eriatarka

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • Joined 24-February 04

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:01 AM

I just ordered a glowie frances because it was a lot cheaper than I had ever seen it on ebay, but when it arrived it was SEALED unlike what the description said it was... I really want to open and look at it and play it but i don't know what to do... I mean, i collect the vinyls for my enjoyment not to keep and sell later so I would never buy a sealed copy, but opening one up is a whole different story...

If you look in the middle you should see the Frances 12" packed in the middle. If it's there, it's the glow. If you do not see it i would
recommend opening it to verify.

It's definitely there, and it came with the red insert as well... but, i dunno if it may have been re-sealed. was there any sticker on the package of the sealed copy? I can see some weathering on the creases but thats it. I would think that would be standard after a few years even if it was sealed...

Do you have a horseshoe up your ass? Where did you find this and how much did you pay for it????

#43 ayamami

ayamami

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

I don't get it.. why do you want to keep it sealed? there's no point?

I already posted this in another vinyl thread, but anyways my TMV collection:

Posted Image

My BF recently got me Bedlam in Goliath with the planchette shaped MR Muggs. YAY :D

#44 Jacob Van Lennepkade

Jacob Van Lennepkade

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:48 AM

Posted Image

My BF recently got me Bedlam in Goliath with the planchette shaped MR Muggs. YAY :D

I have some of my Omar stuff still sealed i guess some ppl just don't want 2 open a toy, they just want 2 have it there sitting pretty, they look at like more as a collection pet peeve.You should try 2 get Omars self titled, the first of the Amsterdam series, only 2000 printed i got 697 that bitch was hard 2 find.

#45 Marsbag

Marsbag

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2446 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:39 AM

i still dont know, although the only reason i have a sealed record is because im planning to re-sell it, but thats because its not even my type of music, i just found it sealed.

#46 ayamami

ayamami

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

Posted Image

I have some of my Omar stuff still sealed i guess some ppl just don't want 2 open a toy, they just want 2 have it there sitting pretty, they look at like more as a collection pet peeve.You should try 2 get Omars self titled, the first of the Amsterdam series, only 2000 printed i got 697 that bitch was hard 2 find.

I have that already..I opened it and it was warped too. :(

#47 Ahriman4

Ahriman4

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 06-January 09

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

my collection:

5"
Candy and a Currant Bun - vinyl/cd split sealed

10"
L'via/Bible and Breathalizer - UK pic disc
Televators - clear yellow #0116
Inertiatic - semi clear blue #1713
Inertiatic - UK promo on black

12"
Deloused in Comatorium - 2x on silver
Frances the mute - 3x on black
Frances the mute - 4x glow in the dark
Frances the mute - single on Teal marble
Tremulant - Yellow
Televators - pic disc 1006/5000
Scabdates
Amputechture - white/orange
Inertiatic ESP - pic disc 4966/5000
The Widow - UK pic disc #1310
Bedlam in Goliath - half black half red w/ Mr. Muggs single
Live at the electric ballroom - promo copy blue and green
Live at the electric ballroom - promo copy black vinyl
Vicarious Atonement‏ - promo on black

If you have anything i dont have and want to trade for some of my other stuff, i have the rest of my vinyl collection here:

http://www.recordner...s/hotspurs1961/

#48 Jacob Van Lennepkade

Jacob Van Lennepkade

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

Posted Image

can you explain 2 me what warped means ?

#49 Marsbag

Marsbag

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2446 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

can you explain 2 me what warped means ?

Posted Image

a bit drastic, but this is warped. usually caused by heat and such. you can tell when a record is warped because as it spins, the sound seems to slow down and its looks somewhat like a wave as it spins

#50 cymbaline12

cymbaline12

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

my blue/green marble Frances single was warped when i got it and it played like shit. then after keeping it on the shelf for a while the other records kinda flattened it out and it's playable now. not a huge issue.

#51 Now Im Lost

Now Im Lost

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 02-December 06

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:31 PM

HAY U GUISE WTF IS THIS...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.com....OLI...:1|294:50

#52 PutneySwope

PutneySwope

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Joined 09-May 05

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

No point? You keep it sealed to sell it later on. For instance as you can see in many other threads, a sealed copt of Tool's Aenima on vinyl can see anywhere from $400-$600 on ebay. That is why as long as I have money, I always buy two copies of new releases.

#53 Ahriman4

Ahriman4

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 06-January 09

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think it is the vinyl they give to Radio Stations. that's just my guess though. it looks like in the bottom left corner on the back it says "for promotional use only. not for sale"

of course its blury as hell, but thats kinda what it looks like.

#54 ayamami

ayamami

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

my blue/green marble Frances single was warped when i got it and it played like shit. then after keeping it on the shelf for a while the other records kinda flattened it out and it's playable now. not a huge issue.

I had my records stacked and put deloused on the bottom.. still warped. Tremulant is too .. in fact everything ivre bought from gsl had arrived warped. Oh well...

#55 francesthemute

francesthemute

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 27-January 09

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:09 AM

I bought Bedlam on vinyl today for 35 dollars. New and had the Mr. Muggs cover as well. SO SICK. Why is volta vinyl always looked scratched thoug??

#56 ayamami

ayamami

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

I bought Bedlam on vinyl today for 35 dollars. New and had the Mr. Muggs cover as well. SO SICK. Why is volta vinyl always looked scratched thoug??

scratched? i don't get that

#57 francesthemute

francesthemute

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 27-January 09

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

yea, like it has been played before and used. It was new though. Not bad at all. Just not perfect. Mr. Muggs isnt a cover i found out. haha. does anybody have mr. muggs to listen to?? I dont have a turntable yet so...

#58 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1105 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

yea, like it has been played before and used. It was new though. Not bad at all. Just not perfect. Mr. Muggs isnt a cover i found out. haha. does anybody have mr. muggs to listen to?? I dont have a turntable yet so...

Dude... you haven't heard Muggs? It's a gem! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YIY43H5S

It starts off slow, but just wait...the breakdown is just awesome.

#59 warrenoates

warrenoates

Hi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5481 posts
  • Joined 21-June 09

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

muggs sucks

#60 deftonium1123

deftonium1123

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 21-December 04

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:03 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think it is the vinyl they give to Radio Stations. that's just my guess though. it looks like in the bottom left corner on the back it says "for promotional use only. not for sale"

of course its blury as hell, but thats kinda what it looks like.

El-P Goliath remix album

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users