IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

>>>>Mike Patton<<<<best band/project?

• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite/best Mike Patton stuff? (175 member(s) have cast votes)

Patton Projects

1. Mike Patton (solo) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Faith No More (23 votes [13.14%])

Percentage of vote: 13.14%

3. Tomahawk (9 votes [5.14%])

Percentage of vote: 5.14%

4. FantĂ´mas (25 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. Peeping Tom (3 votes [1.71%])

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

6. Mr. Bungle (78 votes [44.57%])

Percentage of vote: 44.57%

7. John Zorn (7 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

8. Lovage (5 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

9. Kaada/Patton (4 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

10. Patton and The X-Ecutioners (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Patton and Merzbow (1 votes [0.57%])

Percentage of vote: 0.57%

12. The Dillinger Escape Plan with Mike Patton (20 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#361 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

nice... love me some mondo cane, new Tomahawk is always appreciated :)

#362 hypnotizingchickens

hypnotizingchickens

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

http://fishpork.com/...er-by-tomahawk/

Stone Letter, a new song from Tomahawk's upcoming album "Oddfellows"

I'm going to the Seattle show on february 12th and it'll be my first time witnessing mike patton and co.

nice! I saw them on Halloween in Dallas... fucking great show. they played quite a few songs I'd never heard before and for an encore, they did two Bad Brains songs.

although Stone Letter definitely shows them going in a more commercial direction (much like Mr. Bungle did on California), but I'm still looking forward to hearing some new stuff.

#363 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm going to the Seattle show on february 12th and it'll be my first time witnessing mike patton and co.

nice! I saw them on Halloween in Dallas... fucking great show. they played quite a few songs I'd never heard before and for an encore, they did two Bad Brains songs.

although Stone Letter definitely shows them going in a more commercial direction (much like Mr. Bungle did on California), but I'm still looking forward to hearing some new stuff.

which bad brains songs? thats fuckin badass!! i'm really looking forward to it, hearing new material also

#364 hypnotizingchickens

hypnotizingchickens

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2707 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

which bad brains songs? thats fuckin badass!! i'm really looking forward to it, hearing new material also

Pay to Cum and How Low Can a Punk Get?

it was pretty funny because you could tell Patton didn't really know all the words (especially on Pay to Cum) but, as always, his vocal delivery was amazing. the rest of the band were right on point though... especially the drums.

#365 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

it was pretty funny because you could tell Patton didn't really know all the words (especially on Pay to Cum) but, as always, his vocal delivery was amazing. the rest of the band were right on point though... especially the drums.

Hahha damn I hope I see that encore.. Sounds fuckin rad man. So Stoked

#366 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6218 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Full show:http://www.youtube.c...p;v=Hlcx7kQh3qw

Just the Bad Brains:

#367 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just the Bad Brains:

Reminding me of that brilliant debut a bit. And the single sounds faith no more-ish, which isn't a bad thing IMO. They really look like they fuckin kill it live.. Patton is still a psycho too, thankfully.

#368 pleather

pleather

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 02-August 09

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Love his soundtracks

Especially Crank 2

#369 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Love his soundtracks

Especially Crank 2

Hell yeah, it's perfect for the film, Just makes you wanna go crazy. A perfect place is another spectacular score.

#370 pleather

pleather

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 02-August 09

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

#371 pleather

pleather

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 02-August 09

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

#372 pleather

pleather

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 02-August 09

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

ftp://ftp.bunglefever.com/pub/Mike%20Patton/

Nice list of Patton rarities to download. I strongly recommend the Evyind Kang material, it's achingly beautiful.

#373 Exoskeletal_Eriatarka

Exoskeletal_Eriatarka

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • Joined 24-February 04

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Supposedly Oddfellows has leaked. I keep getting google alerts for it but none of the download links seem legit. Its always an .exe.

#374 pleather

pleather

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 02-August 09

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

teaser clips of all the songs

#375 hypnotizingchickens

hypnotizingchickens

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2707 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Just the Bad Brains:

on second though, it looks like he was looking at the lyrics on his laptop... but it still seemed improvised in person.

listened to this shit the other day! their Come to Daddy cover is... dare I say... better than the original. one would not exist without the other of course, but Patton's vocals just make the song so much more sinister than it already was.

#376 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2797 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Just the Bad Brains:

on second though, it looks like he was looking at the lyrics on his laptop... but it still seemed improvised in person.

listened to this shit the other day! their Come to Daddy cover is... dare I say... better than the original. one would not exist without the other of course, but Patton's vocals just make the song so much more sinister than it already was.

na i totally agree.. The dude's got so many powerful voices.

#377 hypnotizingchickens

hypnotizingchickens

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2707 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I was thinking the other day about how groundbreaking Faith No More really was as a band... and how criminally unrecognized they are. they were doing things that the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Deftones, and Incubus (all extremely well known bands) years before those respective bands did. and even though I enjoy all the bands I just mentioned, you gotta give it to FNM for bridging the gap between metal and rap music and paving the way for the success of similar bands.

(and this argument does go beyond just Mike Patton's influence... considering the band existed for 7 years and two albums before he joined)

#378 pleather

pleather

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 02-August 09

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

It's doesn't get better then this... :walkman:

#379 pleather

pleather

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 02-August 09

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

#380 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

I was thinking the other day about how groundbreaking Faith No More really was as a band... and how criminally unrecognized they are. they were doing things that the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Deftones, and Incubus (all extremely well known bands) years before those respective bands did. and even though I enjoy all the bands I just mentioned, you gotta give it to FNM for bridging the gap between metal and rap music and paving the way for the success of similar bands.

(and this argument does go beyond just Mike Patton's influence... considering the band existed for 7 years and two albums before he joined)

agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users