IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

(#028) Saber, Querer, Osar y Callar2012/06/20

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#341 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:49 PM

Vocals are fine, I'd say (a few tracks aside). At least when compared to the rest of the 2012-13 batch.

The most difficult thing to approach on this one is the general feature of it. It's quite unusual, even in the Omar realm.

It sometimes has the groove of un escorpion perfumado, the lo-fi side of USM and such, electronic sounds, acoustic guitar and balads, hard to listen to songs, good songs, great songs, vulnerability, awkwardness, tenderness. Many many things put into this one. It's not surprising several songs are later dispatched into other album that may fit them better. Yet, it's not like it's a bunch of stuff thrown together, not at all. There's a sense of unity in there.

But for sure, drumming is one of the most interesting thing on this one : the break at the end of fear eats the soul (better than through wire for me), the ending of gentle umbrella, second part of angel hair as well.

I also love in the opening track the very dancy electronic sound that follows the "tic toc" part, and I always feel it's going to lead the song somewhere and burst into something, but then it just disappear and let me feel a bit empty.

#342 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:24 AM

If you've played DOOM 3, play it again with Omar's records from this era, together they make a beautiful soundtrack.

#343 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4335 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Today, 03:32 AM

Absolutely love Saber musically, but I remember the vocals being pretty rough. Gotta give it another listen

they're definitely rough but it's got a lofi feel throughout so I think it works

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users