IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Cedric's restraining order on Pridgen?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
488 replies to this topic

#441 irbigo

irbigo

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 20-February 10

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:08 AM

ok... now we know why TP left. I wish it wasn't what it is, ugly and radically un-civil... but what really shatters me is the fact of trust in the band. It might (proabably) never be the same again. Once that creative safe place is ruptured, it never really heals the right way. I don't want to listen to an un-passionate Mars Volta... Omar is releasing massive amounts of music "solo".... is this the end of The Mars Volta? I hope that if it is, it will also lead to a new beggining.

Omar has been recording his solo albums EVER SINCE the volta started(and he has good quality albums almost all the way), and i dont think any one knows for sure why TP left, only they know exactly what happen

#442 Moosetrosity

Moosetrosity

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • Joined 01-November 05
  • Interests:living life to the fullest and never fucking being complacent with any and everything
  • Twitter

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

hey guys ricky martin came out the other day...maybe cedric will finally too...i love the mars volta and i will always love their music...but what i fucking hate is when someone doesn't pay up money that they owe...thats the lowest a man can go....if you make a bet or gamble with someone be a man and pay up...cedric is a fucking d bag....and i would beat his girly jean wearing ass....believe that

#443 Victor

Victor

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2537 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:27 AM

Look, none of us know a damn thing about the details of all this bitching about money to be able to make a judgment on that aspect one way or another. No idea what any of it is about and flatly don't care. But if you're trying to make the point that TP's grievances are legitimate, you'd do a lot better to state your case without wearing your misogyny, homophobia, and propensity towards violence quite so prominently on your sleeve, because it's a major turn-off, and TP's similar way of presenting things only keeps on proving Cedric's got a point about this guy.

#444 xXvolta_swordXx

xXvolta_swordXx

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3628 posts
  • Joined 14-September 07
  • Twitter

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:42 AM

I don't know why I took the time to read these posts. Maybe Cedric needs to find Jesus. That would solve a good amount of problems, and it would make for a great concept album haha.

#445 Victor

Victor

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2537 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:51 AM

God forbid...

#446 miosis

miosis

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 25-March 10

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

I really don't understand some of these comments. It's not as if Thomas is dead, and we will never hear him play again. We all have the studio albums that we can listen to any time we choose.

I'm sure we can all agree that Jon is an amazing drummer and his contributions to TMV were great. Did TMV not release two amazing albums afterwards? Bands move on after losing or dismissing a member. We've all had arguments with friends, sometimes not talking for years. We don't know everything that led up to it.

Thomas is a cool cat and a great drummer. Just because he's not in TMV anymore doesn't mean he's done with music.

I personally don't like Dave's approach to songs Thomas recorded. He butchers them in my opinion. Hopefully he will eventually do it right, but if he will be recording an album with him, we'll be able to hear his style, and I'm sure we will enjoy it.

#447 Moosetrosity

Moosetrosity

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • Joined 01-November 05
  • Interests:living life to the fullest and never fucking being complacent with any and everything
  • Twitter

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

Look, none of us know a damn thing about the details of all this bitching about money to be able to make a judgment on that aspect one way or another. No idea what any of it is about and flatly don't care. But if you're trying to make the point that TP's grievances are legitimate, you'd do a lot better to state your case without wearing your misogyny, homophobia, and propensity towards violence quite so prominently on your sleeve, because it's a major turn-off, and TP's similar way of presenting things only keeps on proving Cedric's got a point about this guy.

my best friends gay...far from a homophobe...thats exactly what this is about...lust and money are the root of all evil...if its not lust its money....if it was about something else they would have talked about it...like they did with jon...its about money dude... stop being a fucking fool with a blindfold...it all makes sense...if you didn't care you wouldn't have responded to my post

edit: coming out meant cedric coming out with the truth being himself and saying hey i owed this dude money and didn't pay him...i'm in the wrong..i'm not saying what thomas did was right...thomas is being more of a girl than cedric...all you do is wipe it under the carpet and say i don't respect that dude and wont deal with him anymore b/c what goes around comes around....cedric will get his...karma is real...cedric will get his some day for being a fucking woman

#448 Mindo

Mindo

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 11-September 09

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

Thomas keeps joining "The Mars Volta" and "Thomas Pridgen back in The Mars Volta" Groups ... hmm

#449 6025

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

yea i just tell people my brothers gay whenever i need to win the "im not a homophobe" argument on the INTERNET, then i comment on how a man will get whats coming to him "for being a fucking woman" that deserves to be beat down for what ive convinced myself is real. im pretty much content with my fake Comatorium reality slathered in misogyny. I JUST WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THE DRAMA!!

go kick cedrics ass youself macho man, then watch Entertainment Tonight and masturbate to it

#450 SoulRebel

SoulRebel

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • Joined 05-August 08

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

Thomas keeps joining "The Mars Volta" and "Thomas Pridgen back in The Mars Volta" Groups ... hmm

april fools day.....

#451 Victor

Victor

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2537 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Regardless of who your friends might be and how you try to twist things. it's plainly clear that your initial implication about Cedric's sexuality was intended to homophobically disparage him, as your outrageously misogynistic assertion that effeminate men "get what's coming" (in this case physical violence) proves. Seems to me you and TP are birds of a feather in that your bigotry is so all-pervasive you don't even perceive when you prove it with your own statements!

My stated disinterest is in the apparent financial dispute between them, about which we have only hearsay. No reliable evidence about that aspect of the situation, so I don't care to speculate, much less condemn one side or the other over such speculations. Yes, I'm interested enough in the topic as a whole to read and comment, but the money side just seems pointless to discuss.

#452 ----

----

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9186 posts
  • Joined 16-December 07

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

what i fucking hate is rape...thats the lowest a man can go....

fixed that for you

#453 xXvolta_swordXx

xXvolta_swordXx

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3628 posts
  • Joined 14-September 07
  • Twitter

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

If you want this topic to continue you guys should probably stop having an argument on the forum. There's a difference between debating the issue and just arguing over non-sense, like who is being a bigger homophobe. Mindo, was that an april fool's joke lol.

#454 Moosetrosity

Moosetrosity

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • Joined 01-November 05
  • Twitter

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:34 AM

Regardless of who your friends might be and how you try to twist things. it's plainly clear that your initial implication about Cedric's sexuality was intended to homophobically disparage him, as your outrageously misogynistic assertion that effeminate men "get what's coming" (in this case physical violence) proves. Seems to me you and TP are birds of a feather in that your bigotry is so all-pervasive you don't even perceive when you prove it with your own statements!

My stated disinterest is in the apparent financial dispute between them, about which we have only hearsay. No reliable evidence about that aspect of the situation, so I don't care to speculate, much less condemn one side or the other over such speculations. Yes, I'm interested enough in the topic as a whole to read and comment, but the money side just seems pointless to discuss.

you sound like your a researcher...so cool with your big words...if i knew what some of them meant i might be inclined to take offense...o yea rape does suck

6025 Wanting to be in the drama(fucking woman)...if you want to be one i'll treat you like one... i'll fuck your jew face up...then i'll rape you and show you how big of a homophobe i am..

#455 ccb

ccb

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 26-February 10

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

my best friends gay...far from a homophobe...thats exactly what this is about...lust and money are the root of all evil...if its not lust its money....if it was about something else they would have talked about it...like they did with jon...its about money dude... stop being a fucking fool with a blindfold...it all makes sense...if you didn't care you wouldn't have responded to my post

edit: coming out meant cedric coming out with the truth being himself and saying hey i owed this dude money and didn't pay him...i'm in the wrong..i'm not saying what thomas did was right...thomas is being more of a girl than cedric...all you do is wipe it under the carpet and say i don't respect that dude and wont deal with him anymore b/c what goes around comes around....cedric will get his...karma is real...cedric will get his some day for being a fucking woman

get a fucking life!

#456 ccb

ccb

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 26-February 10

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:05 AM

get a fucking life!

thomas is a pathological liar. cedric owes him nothing. if he did thomas would have easily sued him...but what does he do? he blabs on and on like a bitter little bitch because he was fired, and threatens cedric's wife because the pussy can't threaten Cedric or the rest of the band. Bottom line. Now stop making assumptions about things you don't know anything about and read a fucking book or something.

#457 warrenoates

warrenoates

Hi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5481 posts
  • Joined 21-June 09

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

The Mars Volta is not a tabloid band. All of you are retarded for reading so much into who owes who, who would whoop who's ass, etc. This is not a reality show. It is a band. TP is no longer in the band. Move the fuck on. Whether Dave is the permanent drummer or not, TP IS NOT IN THE BAND. Why? It doesn't matter. All that matters is that The Mars Volta continue to make mind blowing music. Cedric has a restraining order on TP? Cool. That's between him, TP, and the DA. People were bitching about the fact that Cedric married a celebrity, when, in reality, the dude is a low-key motherfucker. It's all you douchebags who post stupid ass forums that create stupid drama, when we have no idea what's going on. And you guys are friends with TP on facebook? Really? Shit dude, I love this band as much as the next guy, but y'all need a hobby. Besides being sad and lonely.

The Mars Volta owe us nothing but music. They owe us no explanation, no lengthy interviews, no long vignettes on why Jon or TP are gone or anything like that. Please, stop acting like they owe us this, because they don't. The fact that this thread is this long is so sad. No wonder the band hates us. Hell, I hate us because of stupid threads like this.

Okay, end rant, I am now climbing upon the stake, feel free to burn.

#458 andilaine

andilaine

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Joined 10-December 06

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

The Mars Volta is not a tabloid band. All of you are retarded for reading so much into who owes who, who would whoop who's ass, etc. This is not a reality show. It is a band. TP is no longer in the band. Move the fuck on. Whether Dave is the permanent drummer or not, TP IS NOT IN THE BAND. Why? It doesn't matter. All that matters is that The Mars Volta continue to make mind blowing music. Cedric has a restraining order on TP? Cool. That's between him, TP, and the DA. People were bitching about the fact that Cedric married a celebrity, when, in reality, the dude is a low-key motherfucker. It's all you douchebags who post stupid ass forums that create stupid drama, when we have no idea what's going on. And you guys are friends with TP on facebook? Really? Shit dude, I love this band as much as the next guy, but y'all need a hobby. Besides being sad and lonely.

The Mars Volta owe us nothing but music. They owe us no explanation, no lengthy interviews, no long vignettes on why Jon or TP are gone or anything like that. Please, stop acting like they owe us this, because they don't. The fact that this thread is this long is so sad. No wonder the band hates us. Hell, I hate us because of stupid threads like this.

Okay, end rant, I am now climbing upon the stake, feel free to burn.

I find someone insulting another by calling them girly, or a "fucking woman" to be very insulting.

What's a book?

#459 pattonbordin

pattonbordin

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

Thomas who?

#460 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook