IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Run The Jewels

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14213 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:47 AM

I didn't really mind the last one, but still I'm not a huge hip hop fan so don't take it as a parameter

#62 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6169 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:06 PM

yikes

songs okay but this rick and morty tie in is so dumb. i dont think these guys have done anything great since RTJ2

RJT2 was a massive high-point that will always be difficult to best.  RJT3 was such a disappointment.  I appreciate that they were trying to do something different as they could have easily just redone the RJT2 style, but it just didn't work for me on the same level. 

I want to be salty and snarky about how RJT has blown up, but at the same time these two guys deserve the success they are getting.  I know I've said it here, but El-P spent so many years being a "starving artist" that I don't care if he starts making Disney songs.  Dude deserves it after the hard work he put in.   He may not be an all-star rapper, but he is one of the best producers of our time.  

#63 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6169 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

this track is pretty solid.  Don't care about Ruck and & Marty though.

#64 Fonz

Fonz

Truth soldier

• Members
  • 8448 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06
  • Interests:Writing, Music, Film.
  • Facebook

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:21 PM

I like that we get a new episode for that video. Was entertaining. Don't think it's that cringeworthy.

#65 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

yikes

songs okay but this rick and morty tie in is so dumb. i dont think these guys have done anything great since RTJ2

RJT2 was a massive high-point that will always be difficult to best.  RJT3 was such a disappointment.  I appreciate that they were trying to do something different as they could have easily just redone the RJT2 style, but it just didn't work for me on the same level. 

I want to be salty and snarky about how RJT has blown up, but at the same time these two guys deserve the success they are getting.  I know I've said it here, but El-P spent so many years being a "starving artist" that I don't care if he starts making Disney songs.  Dude deserves it after the hard work he put in.   He may not be an all-star rapper, but he is one of the best producers of our time. 

Really? I know nothing about them so will be interesting to hear. Got any recommendations? Obviously I'll miss RJT3

#66 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6169 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

yikes

Really? I know nothing about them so will be interesting to hear. Got any recommendations? Obviously I'll miss RJT3

RJT and RJT2 are solid albums.

If you like the poppier side of things then follow that up with Killer Mikes R.A.P. Music.  It's like Run the Jewels without El-P

If you like the weird side of it then consult El-P's solo work.  He does most of the instrumentals for RTJ.  He's the reason I follow RTJ.  Cedric, Omar, Ikey, and Trent Reznor were on the album I'll Sleep When You're Dead.

#67 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

I'll sleep when you're dead is indeed a must listen !

#68 Fonz

Fonz

Truth soldier

• Members
  • 8448 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06
  • Interests:Writing, Music, Film.
  • Facebook

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

I think all three RTJs are awesome, but the 3rd I definitely had to warm up to. He also has a SICK solo album fantastic damage and I think he produced the first album for cannibal ox which is also very cool and trippy.

#69 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6506 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

Your hero was on NRATV last night.

#70 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6169 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:46 AM

Killer Mike's politics are pretty sketch from my perspective.  

#71 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4793 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

Killer Mike's politics are pretty sketch from my perspective.  

Yeah...the lack of nuance was getting to be a problem. It was only a matter of time until something like this boiled over. I still don't really know what to think...I mean, how could you be that dumb (unless you are living in a bubble of yes-men)?

#72 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 14213 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:45 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users