IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Stonerrock

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_I Love My Vans Slip-On_*

Guest_I Love My Vans Slip-On_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 18 June 2004 - 05:31 AM

Someone here listening to real fu*king rock. Stonerrock?

One of my favourite bands is: Fu Manchu, Nebula, Kyuss, Brant Bjork, Queen Of The Stone Age, Atomic Bitchwax, Dozer and Speedealer.

If you listening to music like this I want to know witch band you listening to?

#2 The Flamboyance

The Flamboyance

deja el show

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10668 posts
  • Joined 03-September 03
  • Interests:nothin'

Posted 18 June 2004 - 05:35 AM

ha def Kyuss and Queens, and Leverette bitches
u motherfuckers dont know nuthin about Leverette

#3 ein breaker

ein breaker

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 12-October 03

Posted 18 June 2004 - 05:37 AM

only the queens.... dont know much about stoner rock.

#4 Guest_I Love My Vans Slip-On_*

• Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 18 June 2004 - 05:48 AM

Everyone go to www.stonerrock.com if you want to know more about this beutiful music and go to the MP3 Jukebox and listening to: Fu Manchu, Nebula and Atomic Bitchwax and many more if you want :)

#5 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Artsy fartsy stuff, cryptozoology, montauk project, the silent hill series, experimental science, jamming in free jazz pick up bands, wearing funny hats, moogs, trying to con the manager at pizza hut into giving me their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Time arcade machine, surrealism, the avant garde in general, painting, turning that one cheapo delay pedal I have to max repeats then strike a single chord and watch the walls melt, trying to find out where the hole under my house goes, getting really drunk and arm wrestling at the shifty bar outside of work, most likely embarrasing myself in the process, crossbreeding vegetables, keeping the phone off the hook, collecting toasters and microwaves, talking to my burt reynolds like neighbor, hiding behind the waterfall in the summer only to jump out scaring the kids as they try to trespass on old man belinski's land so they can swim in that sweet sweet spot, talking about finishing my mural on the local High School's chemistry lab, never actually working on it though, jumping to conclusions, winning under suspicious circumstances, faking my death, listening to Bill Cosby records

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:11 AM

Awesome genre

Buried at Sea, Electric Wizard, Khanate (more drone/doom, but fuck it), Kyuss, Nebula, Sofa King Killer.

Killer genre, just a killer genre

#6 Oceanic

Oceanic

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6252 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
  • Interests:LWOWL

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:11 AM

Motorpsycho is my newest stonerrock band.

#7 Peaches

Peaches

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Joined 01-July 03

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:26 AM

Dopesmoker by Sleep is fantastic.

#8 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Artsy fartsy stuff, cryptozoology, montauk project, the silent hill series, experimental science, jamming in free jazz pick up bands, wearing funny hats, moogs, trying to con the manager at pizza hut into giving me their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Time arcade machine, surrealism, the avant garde in general, painting, turning that one cheapo delay pedal I have to max repeats then strike a single chord and watch the walls melt, trying to find out where the hole under my house goes, getting really drunk and arm wrestling at the shifty bar outside of work, most likely embarrasing myself in the process, crossbreeding vegetables, keeping the phone off the hook, collecting toasters and microwaves, talking to my burt reynolds like neighbor, hiding behind the waterfall in the summer only to jump out scaring the kids as they try to trespass on old man belinski's land so they can swim in that sweet sweet spot, talking about finishing my mural on the local High School's chemistry lab, never actually working on it though, jumping to conclusions, winning under suspicious circumstances, faking my death, listening to Bill Cosby records

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:35 AM

Yeah it is, I'm glad they finally released it.

#9 mattonado

mattonado

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 26-July 03

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:36 AM

Seemless is also very good

#10 Guest_I Love My Vans Slip-On_*

• Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:40 AM

Lost In The Air: Now a have listening to "Sofa King Killer" and they was pretty fucking cool :D

#11 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:41 AM

You damn right they are

#12 Guest_Stenad_*

Guest_Stenad_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:20 AM

I LOVE STONERROCK.

FU MANCHU, NEBULA, KYUSS, QUEEN OF THE STONE AGE.

#13 inertiatic

inertiatic

Sir Bastard Swine Of Fuzz

• Members
  • 5197 posts
  • Joined 13-August 03
  • Interests:football, support newcastle united FC.<br />music e.g. TMV, the murder of rosa luxemburg, beecher, johnny truant, 3 stages of pain, charger, cubic space division, drive like you stole it, mithras, etc.

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

there are some great bands, my brothers a huge fan.
bands like Dozer, Black Nasa, kyuss, etc.
im into some of the doom stuff. Khanate and Sunn 0))) are both just awesome, and pelican.
heavy doom band that i love is CHARGER. get a song called "got must have made us in the image of his ass"

#14 totally.random.man

totally.random.man

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Joined 13-November 03
  • Interests:Michelangelo Antonioni; Ingmar Bergman; Eric Rohmer; Francois Truffaut;Jean-Luc Godard;Rainer Werner Fassbinder;Pier Paolo Pasolini;Federico Fellini;Peter Greenaway;Luis Bunuel;Robert Bresson;John Cassavetes;Jim Jarmusch;Andrei Tarkovski;Chantal Akerman

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:32 AM

Los Natas?

Pharaoh Overlord rules.

#15 inertiatic

inertiatic

Sir Bastard Swine Of Fuzz

• Members
  • 5197 posts
  • Joined 13-August 03
  • Interests:football, support newcastle united FC.<br />music e.g. TMV, the murder of rosa luxemburg, beecher, johnny truant, 3 stages of pain, charger, cubic space division, drive like you stole it, mithras, etc.

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:35 AM

i forgot to mention St Vitus, and Place Of Skulls. great bands.

#16 Guest_Stenad_*

Guest_Stenad_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:32 PM

Me like Dozer to

#17 emailaddressesaremyenemy

emailaddressesaremyenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts
  • Joined 28-December 03
  • Interests:read my posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:35 PM

thing is, most stoner rock groups are just ripping of kyuss. kyuss are great, as were QOTSA, but im not to fussed about the rest of the groups you've mentioned.

it all started with sabbeth anyway :closedeyes:

#18 captianplanet

captianplanet

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Joined 03-June 04

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:45 PM

orange goblin is without question, the best stoner rock band of our day. kyuss is good, so is their old band 'slo burn'. also you might want to check out warhorse. and chck some stuff out from 'southern lord' (southern lord is a record label for a bunch of stoner bands)

#19 emailaddressesaremyenemy

emailaddressesaremyenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts
  • Joined 28-December 03
  • Interests:read my posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:02 PM

orange goblin is without question, the best stoner rock band of our day. kyuss is good, so is their old band 'slo burn'. also you might want to check out warhorse.  and chck some stuff out from 'southern lord' (southern lord is a record label for a bunch of stoner bands)

View Post

slo burn was what garcia did after kyuss, not before. before kyuss the were "the sons of kyuss"

#20 Guest_Stenad_*

Guest_Stenad_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:24 PM

thing is, most stoner rock groups are just ripping of kyuss.

View Post

Fu Manchu and Nebula don't ripping of Kyuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users