IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

A Message To Love: The Isle of Wight Festival 1970

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Fonz

Fonz

Truth soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8413 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06
  • Interests:Writing, Music, Film.
  • Facebook

Posted 17 September 2020 - 04:33 PM

After doing some research and listening to The Moody Blues, I discovered that one of their best concerts that is one of the only ones consisting of their 5 man lineup that made them famous occurred at this festival. Reading more into it, I noticed there’s a ton of great artists that made notable performances here and some have been recently released for the first time.

Referred to as Britain’s Woodstock, the “Last Great Festival” of the Summer of Love, it had artists such as Jimi Hendrix, The Doors (their final filmed performance), The Who, Miles Davis, and many others. They played to over 600,000 fans.

Miles Davis Plays Bitches Brew Live came out in 2018. Heard some of it and really thought it was great. The Doors came out on Blu-Ray and CD in 2018. Pretty damn good performance and musicianship in my opinion. And now I’m interested in all the other performances, whether only audio or what was left of footage.

Overall this feels like a pretty awesome moment in music history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users