IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Bosnian Rainbows/Omar on Visions Magazinemagazine from Germany, anyone buying it?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

http://www.visions.d...back-issues/237

Bosnian Rainbows / Omar Rodriguez
At The Drive-In bleiben nicht zusammen, und The Mars Volta scheinen Geschichte: Omar Rodriguez hat eine neue Band, will aber nicht ihr Leader sein. Bosnian Rainbows arbeiten streng demokratisch – und Mitte Oktober gerade fieberhaft an ihrem Debütalbum. Dennis Plauk (Text) und Lisa Meinen (Fotos) haben sie bei den Aufnahmen in Hamburg besucht.

#2 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

At The Drive-In does not stay together, and The Mars Volta seem story: Omar Rodriguez has a new band does not want to, but to be their leader. Bosnian Rainbows work strictly democratic - and mid-October, just feverishly on their debut album. Dennis Plauk (text) and my Lisa (photos) they have visited in the recordings in Hamburg.

#3 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

At the Drive-In will not stay together, and The Mars Volta seem history: Omar Rodriguez has a new band but does not want to be their leader. Bosnian Rainbows works strictly as a democracy - and in mid-October, they feverishly recorded their debut album?

#4 daveion

daveion

El Guapo

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • Joined 01-March 05

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Seem history? Sounds like another opinion from the article writer. Fuck speculation.

#5 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

It's an interesting view, that Omar is learning how to be a member of a band again, like when he was in At The Drive In, as opposed to his past decade of Mars Volta rule, where he's been the self-proclaimed dictator.

I think he's using this as an opportunity to be a member of a "democracy" in a band with this side project, as opposed to doing an experiment of uncharted territory with the Volta.

Volta should be back in due time (2013-2014).

#6 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4655 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

I think he's using this as an opportunity to be a member of a "democracy" in a band with this side project, as opposed to doing an experiment of uncharted territory with the Volta.

Bosnian isn't a side project. Omar has made it abundantly clear in interviews that this will be his main project for the indefinite future.

#7 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, indefinite future. No time limit. Could return tomorrow. Could return never. Between that, reality.

It's just my opinion, but I see Bosnian Rainbows as Omar's outlet for experimenting with being in a band as opposed to being a "dictator," before they take off again as The Mars Volta.

I also think Omar is teasing us with this "hiatus" talk.

#8 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Omar doesn't give a fuck what we think he just rambles on and on whenever an interviewer sits him down. Then he goes back to being a manic music producer and leaves the real world behind.

That's my take, at least.

#9 BigMuff

BigMuff

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Joined 01-June 06

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I've read it. Doesn't say anything new, mostly the promo talk about being a part of a group instead of dictating. About TMV it was stated that for Omar the thought of recording a new album is far away and that he didn't want to talk about the reasons and didn't want to get more into detail. And then the article said that it's a known secret that Cedric and Omar grew apart and that the last album was released without passion. So there you have it.

#10 Lantros

Lantros

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 30-September 09

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

it's a known secret that Cedric and Omar grew apart

Obviously! And thats the only reason why TMV is over. Not the change from dictatorsship to democracy, not Teri or anything else.

Thats life... You share parts of your life with other people (men and women) and as life goes on, everybody goes his own way. Normal. No one is to blame...

#11 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7671 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

I dreamt I saw this magazine in a paper stand in a mall that was under siege by the tatars. Moments later a guy got hit in the stomach by a cannon ball.

#12 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Just because they drifted apart doesn't mean they're not intending on getting back together in the near future. It doesn't sound like they had a fight as much as they just needed a break after 10+ years wrapped around each others' dicks.

#13 Pongo

Pongo

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1111 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Just because they drifted apart doesn't mean they're not intending on getting back together in the near future. It doesn't sound like they had a fight as much as they just needed a break after 10+ years wrapped around each others' dicks.

20+ years. They met in high school or something.

#14 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Well I meant the 10 years of TMV... all that stuff beforehand too.

#15 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

It's just my opinion, but I see Bosnian Rainbows as Omar's outlet for experimenting with being in a band as opposed to being a "dictator," before they take off again as The Mars Volta.

does he need to be in a different band to experiment with that?

#16 Kazza3

Kazza3

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2174 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

does he need to be in a different band to experiment with that?

No, but it may be easier to try collaborating again with a new group rather than with the same one he's so accustomed to dictating, and because no one wants to work solely with the same musicians for the rest of his life, regardless of their talent, branching out is normal.

#17 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

It's an interesting view, that Omar is learning how to be a member of a band again, like when he was in At The Drive In, as opposed to his past decade of Mars Volta rule, where he's been the self-proclaimed dictator.

Bosnian Rainbows was recently booked for Vive Latino 2013; this isn't just some little diversion for Omar. This is his main project. Cedric is focusing on his solo album. Volta is stalled. Perhaps permanently.

#18 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

BONNAROOOOOOOOOOOOO DOO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

#19 cracknowledge101

cracknowledge101

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

i feel like cedric might want to get back into the groove of tmv eventually. then again i could be wrong. being with his wife and working on solo work forever (and never releasing it) may be enough for him. not financially though. omar i can see going either way if cedric wants it to happen again. it's probably gonna be some tol shit from now on if it does actually continue though (5+ year releases)

#20 nembutals

nembutals

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Joined 16-July 10

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I can't claim to know anything about it but it seems to me like Omar grew away from Cedric more than the other way around, or even mutually. I just see it in his apparent lack of passion during their latest performances, or even with atdi (yes I know about his mother, but something else must be up)... Or in those Q&A videos for Noctourniquet, his body language just made it look like there was a huge wall between them and he didn't want anything to do with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users