IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

December 3, 2009 - Berlin, DEHuxley's Neue Welt

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#141 Bishop Muzuraywa

Bishop Muzuraywa

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Joined 03-September 06
  • Facebook

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

I didn't know where to put this, but, what locations/venues in europe has been known for great bootlegs?

This one! The 05 and 08 bootlegs are arguably the best from their eras. They always play great in the UK though I'm a little biased :biggrin:

has anyone seen this guy and a girl who were in front of the busses before and after the show? they seemed to know the band. somehow they seemed familiar to me. have you seen/noticed them? anyone knows who they are/what they're doing?

I think the girl was the one who got her Raiders Jacket signed earlier in the year, she was also side stage at Somerset House. She's on here but can't remember her username. I also saw Henry chatting to her for awhile at the barrier before the show.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

#142 actionvsword

actionvsword

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Joined 07-June 05
  • Myspace

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:14 AM

this cicatriz is wrecking my brain. so fucking pleased with volta right now.

#143 EmptinesS

EmptinesS

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 10-September 08
  • Interests:TMV TMV TMV, Music, Movies, playing Guitar, fast Cars

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

right! cicatriz was the highlight of the night... besides eriatarka, of course.

#144 a doubt

a doubt

Cassandra Geminni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
  • Interests:frusciante fan :)
  • Twitter

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:58 AM

Here's my pictures - http://www.facebook....mp;l=2803641bc5

EDIT: Dave's made one his profile picture already!

Thank you for sharing :happy:

Though I understand some attendees like to see visual action, I personally do not get it at all. Watching him go bat shit does nothing for me, if anything a tight jam where everyone is one the same page and the cosmic energy is strong and you can feel it -- that gets me off more than any dance/kick/handstand. In older shows, in the Rapt discussions, I barely ever saw posts regarding this.

justmyopinon

mine also. the energy comes from their music, not their moves

After just reading your comments, I would agree. But then I was at another show and just while experiencing TMV live, I have to say this crazy behaviour is something I really like about this band. It's not that I need to see Cedric throwing cymbals at the crowd, but whenever he does something extraordinary (some crazy dance moves or whipping with the microphone cord e.g.), it kind of gets me exhilarated even more.

#145 kgullholmen

kgullholmen

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts
  • Joined 08-July 04
  • Interests:drawing songs // singing pics<br /><br />check out my stuff
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

I love seeing them going crazy, simply because it's a whole different level of self-expression. one that makes me jealous ... becuase ... well, who wouldn't wanna experience making live music, THAT live music, like ... that?!

the music is one part of TMV (a brilliant part, to say the least), buttheir live-shows always had this brilliant trade of just letting lose of everything and going with the flow ... and maybe not playing the parts as perfect as they could be ...

don't get me wrong: I love them playing their songs nearly flawless and with more focus, it's impressive ... but I'd willingly accept some forgotten lyrics or minor fuckups just to see Ced and Omar actually living the music with their bodies, and take that over a perfect presentation anytime

#146 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13448 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

listen to Omar at around 4:30

#147 kgullholmen

kgullholmen

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts
  • Joined 08-July 04
  • Interests:drawing songs // singing pics<br /><br />check out my stuff
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

aw, he's so kind in that interview

#148 still

still

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 15-April 18

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Cicatriz - Probably my favourite of the night though they were all close contenders. Again Cedric killed it, so did Dave. The hyper section at the start of the jam goes on for ages now, just mental. Omar really shined. The jam is very chilled out, starts off similar to 04 versions, Dave's playing was very JT-ish. I remember thinking it could be him if I closed my eyes. It then went very quiet like the short youtube clip, great percussion from Marcel and everyone was clapping. Vocal improvs included 'Magic Fingers' by Frank Zappa and 'Fresh New Eyes' by Braniac. Then they built it up and Dave started to sort of solo though it was structured, could have been TP if you closed your eyes. Then they locked it in again and Omar started to tease the end riff. Can't really describe it but the transition was orgasmic! Everyone went crazy at the end.

So this and the Copenhagen Show the night before seem to have been the only instances when Cedric was quoting that Zappa song, so I'm listening to the bootleg and can't hear it at all.

According to the user who saw them in Copenhagen the lines

Open up your pocketbook,
Get another quarter out,
Drop it in the meter, mama
Try me on for size

were quoted. There is no boot from the Copenhagen show, and in this one from Berlin I just can't hear it.

Can somebody help me out?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users