IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Spider From Mars (Interview)Australian Guitar Magazine

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13663 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

http://www.australia...ider-from-mars/

#2 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9008 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
  • Interests:Cross dressing
    gang bangin

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

lol baxter-zavala

Good interview, otherwise.

#3 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

great response to this:

Q: I always find it disappointing to see a band and they play just like on record: same tempo, same solos, same effectsÖ
A: (...) It would be like if I were to meet you in a park or a bar or something and I already had the conversation in my head that Iím gonna have with you: thatís not a real interaction between you and I. Iím forcing our parameters into something thatís unnatural.

#4 tumples

tumples

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Joined 14-April 08

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Nice interview. Some old, some new.

#5 Ararat

Ararat

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2265 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

omar is a chill bro

#6 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • 7096 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Nice clothes habibi.

#7 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6105 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

First two pages were pretty standard questions and responses, but the third had some really great stuff in there. Thanks for posting.

#8 michaelc205

michaelc205

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 23-June 11

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Thanks bro. Starting to think it would take them 10 years to make a album from scratch. Am I the only one who hates that the music is not still vital to the artist that released it?LOL.

#9 Nizzim

Nizzim

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2256 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Thanks bro. Starting to think it would take them 10 years to make a album from scratch. Am I the only one who hates that the music is not still vital to the artist that released it?LOL.

agreed, I have always kind of hated the fact that by the time we get a release, Omar is "over" it and mentally in a different place, it just feels like hes never satisfied, and it makes me feel like theres no real reason for him to release it at all.

I'd love to hear him say for once that he actually LIKES his own stuff.

#10 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7601 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

baxter...

#11 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

When I go and see a band, I wanna see the people behind the myth. I like to see them make mistakes, I like to see the things that happen between them with their eyes and they make communication. You know, thereís nothing more boring for me than to go and see a band where you can tell theyíre just going through the motions, where they donít even need to look at each other, they donít interact. Iíd rather listen to the record.

Exactly; I was just saying almost precisely the same thing in a conversation yesterday. Part of why I was so disappointed to hear they were using a click track live during the Pridgen era; they aren't using one with D, are they?

#12 roy_t

roy_t

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 25-September 08

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

When I go and see a band, I wanna see the people behind the myth. I like to see them make mistakes, I like to see the things that happen between them with their eyes and they make communication. You know, thereís nothing more boring for me than to go and see a band where you can tell theyíre just going through the motions, where they donít even need to look at each other, they donít interact. Iíd rather listen to the record.

Exactly; I was just saying almost precisely the same thing in a conversation yesterday. Part of why I was so disappointed to hear they were using a click track live during the Pridgen era; they aren't using one with D, are they?

I don't think so, I've noticed D doesn't even use in-ear monitors, he is a human click-track after all. :tongue:

#13 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3010 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

I don't think so, I've noticed D doesn't even use in-ear monitors, he is a human click-track after all. :tongue:

Wasn't it Deantoni who was talking about TMV using click track during their first stint with him in 2006?

#14 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Coma Donor
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

They definitely have used a click track and I wanna say I've seen him with an ear monitor but I could be wrong. Omar definitely has one, which he often rips out for dramatic effect.

#15 Nizzim

Nizzim

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2256 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

There was no click track when I saw them play with Thomas, and it was in a closed theater so I would think itd be easy to hear, maybe i just couldnt hear it who knows. It must be crazy to organize a click track for some of those songs' rhythms.

#16 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3010 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

There was no click track when I saw them play with Thomas, and it was in a closed theater so I would think itd be easy to hear, maybe i just couldnt hear it who knows. It must be crazy to organize a click track for some of those songs' rhythms.

Click track is not a thing that anybody aside from the musicians on stage should be able to hear.

#17 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 13663 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Well when Octahedron came out he said it was the only album he enjoyed listening to after finishing it

#18 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

Well when Octahedron came out he said it was the only album he enjoyed listening to after finishing it

he lied.

#19 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 13663 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

He later said it was a failure haha, but I don't think he lied it's just that he's changing moods, you know how everytime he releases an album he says it's "about two years old" and that the album is behind what he's doing at the moment

#20 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11788 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

For once, I want to hear an album after he makes it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users