IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Adrian to return in November...Might have missed it cause it's in Eh-Spanich

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 thenameless82

thenameless82

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thank you very much Dew. Very good reading. And very good news!

#22 Guest_frankoso_*

Guest_frankoso_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

wow, i just re-read my post and realized how bad my english has gotten since I moved out of the states, lol (i was also in a hurry)

#23 cymbaline12

cymbaline12

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

thanks for keepin us in the know. glad to see confirmation that Adrian just relaxin and happy to be doing his own thang for a few months.

#24 funChrist

funChrist

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

Haha! I actually had lunch with him last week and got to talk loads of things like that haha, i wasnt going to say anything cus last time we met (like 2 years ago) I opened my mouth when I shouldnt and got him in a little trouble but now he says it himself, so, cool. We had lunch at a place called "Fresco" in Mexico City, and wow did we ate!?? lol, it was great, he told me all about why he wasnt in octa, that he was playing with Los Dorados in the rock festival "Vive Latino 09" (which I got the chance to go to for the next 2 days), we talked some work (which I'm obviously not able to talk about), and basically hanged out for a while, talknig about filmmaking and how his fav album of mars wold be frances the mute, anyway, I cant really talk a lot about what we talked about just know that he's still in tmv and keeps loving it but he is working on his side projects as well. He even recomended me this movie "Mo better blues S Lee" (which I still havent seen). Heres a pic I took after lunch. Oh, haha and he did asked me for some jersey of the mexican soccer team "Indios" for him, his dad and his brother.

:rolleyes: Typical fanboi!

JOKING!!!!!!!

#25 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:07 PM

INTERVIEW FOR VIBRACIONES, DF TO ADRIAN TERRAZAS:

México, D.F.
June 30, 2009

PART II

So, to make it clear, it was just a break you took and you’re returning to The Mars Volta in November and that you will be touring Europe with your project

Yes, we’re programmed for September, the whole month, we’ll be playing in jazz venues and university forums in Germany and Italy, the two dates we have in Germany and Italy are from the conservatoire and the rest are jazz clubs.

It’s pretty well known that in Europe jazz is popular, Mexican audience is kind of resistant to jazz. How do you see it?

Many people told me that, except for the musicians. I recently was asked in a Jazz Italia interview what was my opinion about playing jazz here in México and for me it’s very natural. In México we have many of the precursors of jazz, Antonio Sánchez, he’s from the capital, living in New York, the drummer of ?? Who is known as one of the best drummers of the jazz world. And we have a huge quantity of musicians. It’s a different matter that the media doesn’t give jazz a more wider coverture.

Before working here, I had that same idea. That in México, jazz was unpopular. And working here I realized many things mostly with the Jazz Festival here in México city. We had many guests and they left us a lot of music.

Exactly, we just had a performance in El Foro Alicia, 2 weeks ago and… and…

It was full…

It was completely…

[They all laugh]

Female interviewer: (laughing) Can I tell what’s going on here, Adrián?

Yes, please

What happens is: Guadalupe Lara as many of you know, with certain guests… she gives them a very… very… fraternal welcome, so she sticked herself to the glass window and started to dance in a way that Adrian say: Wow, thanks. Then she got up the table at the other side of the booth and put a sign which reads. “I love el músico” So that’s why Adrian…

I ended with a different color

But we were talking about El Foro Alicia

Yes, well it’s a club that it’s completely rocker or punk. And we were playing the music of our trio and the audience behavior was exactly how a jazz audience must behave. At the moment of the solos they behave in an intelligent way, the same people that goes to listen to san pascualito rey, a los Acapulco, a los nenas etc… that fascinates a lot me about the city. There are several workshops in UDG (university of Guadalajara), we are having a lot of international jazz players, Sara Valenzuela is supporting a lot the sessions of solo jazz, there are a lot of people focused on helping the national musicians and now we have a style of the mexican jazz player. Like the Cuban jazz, Caribbean jazz, Brazilean jazz, Mexican jazz already has its trademark (or style) now you know when a Mexican is playing jazz by the way they play, mostly the percussionists

Female interviewer: Here’s another question for Mr. Terrazas: Now that you played at Vive Latino, how do you see the musical scene in México? For me it became too visceral, with lack of importance, just concerts with guitar riffs. Of course, there were exceptions like Mr. Terrazas.

The general music scene, not only the national scene… that problem is not only national but international. That simple there’s people interested in making good music and there’s people who are not interested.

And luckily there’s people who appreciate good music

I think that’s the most important thing, being honest as musician, as writer etc…

(there a little little 3 line bit but for tomorrow)

#26 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Twitter

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

Oh, haha and he did asked me for some jersey of the mexican soccer team "Indios" for him, his dad and his brother.

And now everybody is with Indios, lol. I can send him a Rayados jersey, tough :biggrin:

#27 ZeMaster

ZeMaster

open the wound/let it pore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6625 posts
  • Joined 28-March 05

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:07 AM

PUMAS!!!

#28 Metrognomes

Metrognomes

"reverse the polarity of the neutron flow."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7483 posts
  • Joined 19-March 07

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

thankyou for the translation :happy:

#29 thenameless82

thenameless82

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

Thanks again Dew. Your help was precious.

It's now mandatory that I find out where in Italy he's playing. Hope it's in the north. I'm so going to see him! And I wish he hadn't been so damn secretive about that Italian/Mexican movie.

#30 Guest_frankoso_*

Guest_frankoso_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Oh, haha and he did asked me for some jersey of the mexican soccer team "Indios" for him, his dad and his brother.

And now everybody is with Indios, lol. I can send him a Rayados jersey, tough :biggrin:

hhahaah pues eske el es de aka (chiwas) y come on! como no se les puede ir a los indios cuando han hecho todo lo k han hecho? nomas cheka: www.indiotizate.com esa pagina (incluyendo los videos) los he hecho yo. Y digamos ke a adrian le gusto mucho el proyecto...es todo lo k puedo dcir hehe

#31 seaofblasphemy

seaofblasphemy

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 27-June 09

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

Adrian is the fucking man. I missed him on octahedron.

#32 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Twitter

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:57 AM

Thanks again Dew. Your help was precious.

It's now mandatory that I find out where in Italy he's playing. Hope it's in the north. I'm so going to see him! And I wish he hadn't been so damn secretive about that Italian/Mexican movie.

You're welcome (@Jedi too) I'm glad it was helpful.

Good news about Cu Taan too.

It's strange, he's saying he's just taking time, but at the Omar interview, the interviewer says: that "Omar asked Adrian and Paul to leave and they left amicable. Altough Omar didn't say it. And here we are listening Adrian he's just taking a break from TMV

Now I confused. :blink: :unsure:

I hope it was just for the recording of Octahedron.

@Frankoso: Si, si, mis respetos para Indios, neta.

#33 drunkship123

drunkship123

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3021 posts
  • Joined 16-January 07

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

^
time will tell.

#34 Mrs.Pissy

Mrs.Pissy

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Joined 14-June 05

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

glad to hear he'll be back playing with tmv. now to find our where in germany these shows will take place...

#35 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3910 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

this never happened....

#36 sshambles

sshambles

Frances