IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Comprehensive List of Unreleased TMV-Related Media

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#201 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3259 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:46 PM

I want that ikey album :'(

? ?

#202 swoonlp

swoonlp

Underneath the surface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3596 posts
  • Joined 12-October 13

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:01 PM

I want that ikey album :'(

? ?

Ikey solo LP that was mentionned around the time he died, I don't think we've had much news about this in ages.

Maybe Juan knows whats up.

#203 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3259 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

Ahh piss, that's right.  When he died I immediately bought his album on iTunes, Looking for Lauryn Hill in Lakewood, not to be confused with the EP of the same name from Free Moral Agents.  It's pretty cool.

#204 sshambles

sshambles

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

Amputechture

- LP3.5: One-song album that was only played live.  Probably recorded but never released (live version from about the 10 minute mark to the 41 minute mark)

Forgive me, but isn't this just a longer Jacob Van Lennepkade??? Might have a different middle section, plus Cedric's all over it, it's not entirely new.

With the start of Nadie and the opening of Omar's vault, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of every known unreleased thing that has been mentioned by band members.

Absolutely knew this was too good to be true. Not surprising given the amount of times Omar mentioned 'oh I have this album, and this album recorded' then nothing happened.

Maybe one day someone will inherit whatever's still intact and we'll hear it. Kudos to whoever leaked all the demos a while back. That shit was great. More of it is required.

#205 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6855 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

Amputechture

- LP3.5: One-song album that was only played live.  Probably recorded but never released (live version from about the 10 minute mark to the 41 minute mark)

Forgive me, but isn't this just a longer Jacob Van Lennepkade??? Might have a different middle section, plus Cedric's all over it, it's not entirely new.

The Jacob jam is its own entity separate from Jacob van Lennepkade (different main riff but the lead guitar part from Jacob van Lennepkade is played sometimes during the jam).  Also the Jacob jam is only the first of many sections of what constitutes those jams from 2006 that are referred to as LP3.5.  If you listen to that jam across multiple shows you'll notice there are many specific movements that are played every time.  Anyway there were a few interviews that imply that jam was intended to be the follow up to Amputechture at one point, though obviously it was never finished.

#206 sshambles

sshambles

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

Yeah, I always wondered about how they structured things like that. I swear in the 2010 gig in Australia, there were some classic parts I was sure that had to be on an upcoming LP. 

It would seem silly for them to release a 1-track LP that began with something that was on 2 Omar solo records anyhow. 

Thanks for the school lesson :) Surprised you replied so quickly, this place has dropped off my radar since my router has blacklisted me from it (using a VPN to connect for last year or so).

You've any idea about Matt and if there's any inclination of updates regarding the vault opening? I sincerely doubt, but any news is good news.

#207 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2657 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

You've any idea about Matt and if there's any inclination of updates regarding the vault opening? I sincerely doubt, but any news is good news.

He works for Imagine Dragons now, don't bet on anything from the vault coming any time  soon, if ever.  

#208 sshambles

sshambles

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:19 AM

Yeah, I knew there was only a 0.000000000000000000000000000001% chance of it happening ever in the first place. 

Can we get some hired goons to raid the HDDs instead then? Kickstarter fund to start it, yeah?

#209 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6855 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:50 AM

Well I'm pretty sure Matt said there was a group of people going through Omar's hard drives, not just him.  But yeah I'm not getting my hopes up for anything soon at least.

#210 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:48 AM

Maybe one day someone will inherit whatever's still intact and we'll hear it. Kudos to whoever leaked all the demos a while back. That shit was great. More of it is required.

I mean honestly would that even be a good thing? John Frusciante just did exactly that, uploading a bunch of unreleased stuff to bandcamp, and it seems like no one batted an eyelid. I think he (Omar) is smart to try and wait for a proper release.

#211 powerslaver

powerslaver

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

If omar release all his stuff in bandcamp nobody will buy it,everything will be free the same days on a torrent site so i think is better to release the good stuff phisically even if it is on vinyl only but atleast he'll make profit of it

#212 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4322 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:27 PM

what does "Electronic versions of Lapochka and The Whip Hand" mean?

#213 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6855 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:43 PM

Cedric said in an interview that the original version of The Whip Hand was mostly electronic, and in another interview Omar said that Lapochka originally had electronics drums and an extended intro.

#214 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5575 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:42 AM

Aww maaaaaan I want to hear those.

#215 anea17

anea17

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 06-September 17

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

Apparently a GSL news item from January 3rd, 2002 said:

The new MARS VOLTA ep will be called TREMULANT. So far all there is to be said is that Concertina will be rerecorded on the ep.

Does it imply that there was a pre-Tremulant version of Concertina floating around in the early days? Or is it just a mistake?

#216 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5211 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05
  • Interests:MUSIC

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:43 AM

WOW, quite the throwback. I've never seen this website before...quite the blast from the past.

As far as I know...Concertina was never part of the "Summer demos". The only versions I have seen are from Tremulant and Post-Tremulant.

Another noteworthy quote from the hellpaso page IMO 2002-08-14

Drummer Jon is on tour with his other band GOLDEN. Ikey has left THE MARS VOLTA but is still a member of DE FACTO." Sonny Kay (GSL Newsletter)

EDIT: MINUTES LATER

Had to do some digging (because that is what I LOVE to do). Found some old threads discussing the old demos. Not sure if Theory lost the Concertina demo, so it may have existed at some point. But if it hasn't resurfaced since 2004, I doubt it will ever see the light of day.

ANOTHER!!! noteworthy quote I find hilarious

Oh man, you kids are the wierdest fan boys and girls.
The Inertiatic sounds LAME compared to the album version!

'Inertiatic ESP' is lame to begin with and I'm glad they don't play it live anymore.

Just another opinion.

#217 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3670 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:21 AM

i like inertiatic but im not gonna lie, if it was 2004 when the band had just started doing 4 song sets id have probably be glad they werent playing it anymore too

#218 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4322 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

How could concertina be rerecorded for tremulant if concertina wasnt released yet?

#219 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3031 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

Maybe they previously recorded it with Blake.

#220 anea17

anea17

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 06-September 17

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

Great find, feelsgoodman. I think it's possible that it existed. But how in the world could it be lost? Maybe it got mixed up with that post-Tremulant demo at some point. Blake could be on it. Is there a way to contact him? Does he answer questions about that era?

I've wondered about that 2002 Golden tour for a long ass time. Couldn't find ANYTHING about it apart from somebody saying years ago that there was a live video of them from that tour playing ma petite est marie among other songs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users