IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Amalia

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 greytux

greytux

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:11 AM

I usually don’t ask for it, but a link would be appreciated, please

#82 radiognome

radiognome

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Joined 09-April 14

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:04 PM

Also interested in a link if there is one!

#83 Alpha

Alpha

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 28-December 14

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:40 PM

Man, if there's a link I would appreciate someone to PM it pls

#84 Santino88

Santino88

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 27-May 05
  • Twitter

Posted 10 November 2020 - 12:25 PM

I'd also very much appreciate a PM with a link to the movie. Many thanks upfront!

#85 In_Formaldehyde

In_Formaldehyde

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 11 November 2020 - 04:42 AM

I would be very grateful of that link, please. Thanks, coma

#86 gone

gone

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 16-March 07

Posted 11 November 2020 - 05:15 PM

I would also greatly appreciate a link if anyone would like to send one my way. Thanks!

#87 Germn F.

Germn F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2617 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:41 AM

I don’t want a link

#88 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4196 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:48 AM

finally finished this and ultimately I think it's not as good as sentimental or chidos. it felt very disjointed, almost in the opposite way sentimental was imo. sentimental had a focus on character development but no real action and this i felt had a lot going on but needed more exposition. it was very dark too which isn't so much a complaint as I get why it's dark but the fact of the matter is it's hard to see what's going on for the lions share of a lot of shots

#89 kev821

kev821

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:30 PM

finally finished this and ultimately I think it's not as good as sentimental or chidos. it felt very disjointed, almost in the opposite way sentimental was imo. sentimental had a focus on character development but no real action and this i felt had a lot going on but needed more exposition. it was very dark too which isn't so much a complaint as I get why it's dark but the fact of the matter is it's hard to see what's going on for the lions share of a lot of shots

Yeah was surprised how dark lighting wise the movie was for long periods of time, was wondering if was just a bad version of the film or it’s suppose to look like that, it’s hard on the eyes. The audio sound effects sound like vocal effects on bedlam which is cool though

#90 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • 4196 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:41 PM

eh that was a little corny, I liked that in sentimental better (the variety of effects on sound) than the simple pitch shifting here. I think this is vague enough for no spoilers but my note would've been maybe keep that thing totally silent, have it play off Amalia more. the negative video effects also seemed arbitrary? I couldn't figure out what they're supposed to be...

Spoiler

#91 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6917 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 13 November 2020 - 05:31 PM

I loved TSES when it first came out and still love the concepts/themes, but I think Amalia is way more polished. Los Chidos might be a better film objectively? But stylistically it just wasn’t my cup of tea as much. I dunno, I understand people’s criticisms of this film though. It’s very much a work centered around vibe and atmosphere over coherent storytelling, so I think some people will love it and it won’t do much for others. I loved the visuals, especially when things started to get weird. But yeah some scenes were a little hard to see. Hard to say if it’s supposed to be like or not that since it’s a web rip. I also loved the use of vocals effects here, it seemed like they were more purposeful/thoughtful than in TSES.

#92 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • 4196 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:06 PM

it seemed like they were more purposeful/thoughtful than in TSES.

why do you say that? with sentimental it underlined barlams (Jesus how do I remember that name) disconnection with reality but here it was just spookification imo

#93 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6917 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:43 PM

Yeah I get that, it just seemed kind of overdone in TSES.  I like the fact that it was a bit more subtle here.  I guess the difference between the films is probably akin to the difference between Omar's early albums and his later ones.  I loved TSES at the time, I just think it's nice to get something a bit more reined in and polished.

#94 ramonperez

ramonperez

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 11-October 03

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:56 PM

Would anyone be so kind and send me that link too? thank you!

#95 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:43 PM

TSES is very visceral and immature, with Chidos it enhances Latin culture, it is less visceral and more pop, on the other hand Amalia es puro amor del malo, the pain in the conception of this film is perceived a lot, you see images of the mother of Omar, I think his dad acts, I saw him in the credits.

#96 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:44 PM

Would anyone be so kind and send me that link too? thank you!

Escuchen a este buen hombre!

#97 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6917 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:55 PM

TSES is very visceral and immature, with Chidos it enhances Latin culture, it is less visceral and more pop, on the other hand Amalia es puro amor del malo, the pain in the conception of this film is perceived a lot, you see images of the mother of Omar, I think his dad acts, I saw him in the credits.

Yeah this is his darkest film for sure, both TSES and Chidos have some amount of humor in them and there's none to be found in this one.  The inspiration of his mother's death is felt throughout.

His dad plays the homeless guy, I didn't recognize him at all the first time I watched it.

#98 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • 4196 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:11 PM

maybe he was the fire guy. I thought I saw riko in the credits too but I didn't see him, maybe I misread

#99 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6917 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:23 PM

Pretty sure Riko is

Spoiler

#100 swan_song1977