IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

can someone translate thisjuan interview

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mario

mario

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2471 posts
  • Joined 08-July 04

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:43 PM

http://www.guitarist...n-alderete.html

unless its already on the coma somewhere

#2 Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*

Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:56 PM

best i could do...

© Toxic-music.com

Amateur of fretless, the bass player John Alderete alternates between heavy-metal with Racer X and the trip-hop with Big Sir. He explained us at the time of his passage in France his relationship to the music, Paul Gilbert, the Web and his first meeting with the foie gras…
Guitarist: Which are your musical roots?

John Alderete: It is the soul music, the rythm' blues and the funk which gave me desire for making the low one. I play in a group of heavy-metal with the guitarist Paul Gilbert, but I discovered this musical style with him. Then to play of the trip-hop within Big Sir, where I play in fretless, is a very natural thing for me.

Guitarist: With Big Sir, you leave a new remixé album. With new pieces?

John Alderete: The last album, Big Sir, are a complete remix first which appellait “Now that' S what I call has big Sir”. As the CD sales were exhausted, we leave a new version remixée by several friends, in particular Sugar of Japanese group POD. The titles are the same ones, with some variations. They were recorded with Bruce Bouillet with the guitar (Racer X), LISA Papineau with the song and Tim Cummerford (Rage Against The Machine) in second low. We also benefit from our passage in France to work of new pieces in studio.

(ndr: finally, according to the Toxic-Music label, the album Big Sir available to the first half of 2003 in Europe will include/understand four additional new titles)

Guitarist: Big Sir took part in the musical festival Effervessonne. Your impressions?

John Alderete: Very happened very well, the reception of the public was good. All the musicians of Big Sir which has not been able to come to France, only the singer and me made displacement from the United States. However there are two bass players for example on the album. We had to employ bands of accompaniment in concert, the next time I hope that one will come complete.

Guitarist: How did you come from there to metal?

John Alderete: By meeting Paul Gilbert at the school of music of MIT in Hollywood, in 1986. A buddy bass player presented it to me and one jammé together. The first time that I saw it played, I quickly realized that it was different from the other guitarists. It is somebody who innovates, he made technical tricks which I had never seen in other guitarists. It immediately proposed to me to make an album and to found a group. In 2002, when one was in Japan, my roadie - which is a guitarist did not stop looking at Paul while thinking: this type is incredible!

Guitarist: Did success come quickly at your beginnings?

John Alderete: A group of metal, in Hollywood… the conditions were favorable. After only two concerts, one made room fills each time.

Guitarist: With what does resemble the new album of Racer X, “Getting Heavier”?

John Alderete: It is most different from all. It explores several styles of the rock'n'roll, with riffs a little slower than usually with the guitar. My preferred title is the first, which is called Dr. X. Everyone plays there to perfection. For the effects, I use a dozen pedals on this album, which I never did front. A kind of fuzz Big Muff of origin Russian, a bass wah, a Divider Octave which plays your note with the lower octave. I played on different low, of Fender in particular.

#3 Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*

Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

PAGE 2

Guitarist: The recording seems to have been done under good conditions…

John Alderete: Very was held at Paul, in his studio. One gave pleasure the every day during six weeks, it was super beginning with the end. One lèvait oneself around 11 hours of the morning. One went up to the studio on the floor and one recorded, during four hours in general. In the event of tiredness, Paul has a table-tennis table. Sometimes, one played every two hours there. So that everyone defends oneself in table tennis now (laughter).

Guitarist: Universal leaves double-live to Japan. It was how over there?

John Alderete: One remained two weeks in round, for six concerts. One will go back there about April or May 2003. The clubs were full to crack, one could not enter the rooms more so much there was world!

Guitarist: And Japanese public?

John Alderete: It is rather particular, people looks you with attention, observes where you installations your fingers. The French are close to that, and adopt a rather cool attitude. When there is slam, training course-diving, the American public is more physical, more malicious.

Guitarist: With Kazaa, I several titles of Racer X. That do you think about it could download?

John Alderete: That does not obstruct me. I think that people who like the music will continue to buy some, for example by discovering a group which plait to them. The fans appreciate to have the small pocket of CD, truths titles with a true sound, the booklet. Me even I engrave CD-R of music on my PC. However, when an album makes me desire, I run to buy it. And I realized that engraved CD resists less longer than bought CD. The large labels complain to earn less money, because of the hacking. I think especially that they spend very badly their own money.

Guitarist: How do you see Internet?

John Alderete: I would never have imagined that one can exchange songs like today, and I find that fantastic. I adore the radios on line. One finds of all, they are fabulous. I dream of the day when the car radio of my motor will be connected to Internet! As for the emails which the fans send to us, one always endeavours to answer it.

Guitarist: To close with France, an anecdote on your visit here with Big Sir?

John Alderete: I am vegetarian. In slide, to eat a piece, one proposed to me salami, foie gras. When you are tightened something, you always do not have the choice. The foie gras, I found that good. But that made twelve years that I had not eaten meat!

#4 Guest_shotgunjoe_*

Guest_shotgunjoe_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

So I'm guessing its old then? It talks about "That's What I Call Big Sir".

#5 Martijn

Martijn

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 26-September 03

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:25 PM

nice, but old, yeah.

/thread.

#6 Notam

Notam

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts
  • Joined 20-February 07

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

So I'm guessing its old then? It talks about "That's What I Call Big Sir".

The date might also give it away.

#7 Lewis T

Lewis T

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1115 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05
  • Interests:Music [http://www.last.fm/user/OwlBoat]; Video-games: Final Fantasy, Zelda, Mario, Shenmue...; General Internet-ing; Pingu, Royle Family, Simpsons, Friends..some films, some books STUPID CHARACTER LIMITS.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:01 AM

nice, but old, yeah.

/thread.

my guess is that you didnt use the search function, you're an 07'er, or you you just have down syndrome.

/thread

in two random threads on the first page.

"/thread" is actually the worst thing about this forum

almost in front of the people who say it, but i won't judge.

#8 Martijn

Martijn

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 26-September 03

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:41 PM

/thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users