IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Mike Patton hates Wolfmother

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Stalktheground11

Stalktheground11

The Bling Bling Voyager Version 3.2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14170 posts
  • Joined 11-November 03
  • Interests:ROLLERBLADING

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:52 PM

The Kaada/Patton album and the fact that Ipecac exists as a label are reasons enough for me to like the guy. And as much as he ruins a lot of music for me, at least the guy's an intrepid spirit, creatively. He's had his hands in a lot of styles and although I don't necessarily respect ADD mentalities, he's worked with a lot of people I think are great, Zorn, Bjork, Rahzel, Dillinger, the list goes on and on.

That being said, if he went off on a huge rant, was popping pills, and pissed on Wolfmother's tour manager, then this video might be worthy of a thread.

#62 tsp_gatmog

tsp_gatmog

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 19-June 05

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:15 AM

i wish people credited with him for Mr. Bungle as well as Faith No More, more often.

#63 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2793 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:01 AM

For the record, Mike Patton hates like everything and everyone. Not a very loving individual

#64 happyphantom

happyphantom

techno allah

• Members
  • 9167 posts
  • Joined 02-December 05

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:25 AM

For the record, Mike Patton hates like everything and everyone. Not a very loving individual

well he obviously doesn't otherwise he wouldn't have collaborated with so many different people would he DUH

anyway i saw peeping tom live last saturday and even though the album isn't that great it was an amazingly brilliant gig, one of those ones where you get withdrawal symptoms afterwards (or maybe that's just me), so dick or no he made me ecstatically happy for about an hour and 20 minutes whereas my wolfmother demo is buried...somewhere...either in my room here or at home or maybe in the bin i can't remember.

so he can say what he likes about them

and yes i realise this is an old thread. shush.

#65 Sonic Tooth

Sonic Tooth

Lenin lol

• Members
  • 10906 posts
  • Joined 28-March 06

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:52 PM

i love patton in Zorn's Moonchild and Astronome, it's hard to imagine guttural noises having such musical power.

#66 happyphantom

happyphantom

techno allah

• Members
  • 9167 posts
  • Joined 02-December 05

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:57 PM

that song is catchy, but so are many better songs
patton is just too ahead of his time. hes kind of like this generations zappa in the fact that he is innovative, he plays many genres, a ton of people have heard his music, but at the same time few people know who he is

huh which song?

anyway he has released some SHIT (adult themes for voice anyone?) and i read someone describe it as him having contempt for his audience. well whatever. if he can make records for the hell of it whenever he wants and people buy it then let him.

i can't decide if he's a dick or not. i've heard some people say he's very gracious and friendly, others not so much. i saw an interview with him and duane denison on some australian tv channel and he was a bit of a dick then but the interviewer totally deserved it if you ask me, he didn't have a clue.

a lot of the people who hate him are bitter FNM fans who hate the likes of mr bungle but err it was thanks to Mr Bungle he was in FNM for a start. people who love him will find any excuse to love him, people who hate him will find any excuse to hate him.

oh yeah and on that note, that australian interview had a few comments (it was on youtube) and one guy was like 'mike patton is an obnoxious wankbag' completely ignoring the fact that duane denison was being as much of an 'obnoxious wankbag' as mike was, if not more. which says it ALL really.

essay over. just a little absorbed since that FANTASTIC gig :ninja: sorry

#67 happyphantom

happyphantom

techno allah

• Members
  • 9167 posts
  • Joined 02-December 05

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:00 PM

and if you go down to the bottom, you can see all the albums he is featured on

i'm confused...

#68 Nujabez

Nujabez

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4421 posts
  • Joined 03-July 05

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:09 PM

Mike Patton is the shit

#69 happyphantom

happyphantom

techno allah

• Members
  • 9167 posts
  • Joined 02-December 05

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:26 PM

click the link

i did, i've seen it before, i'm not really sure what you're telling me?

#70 happyphantom

happyphantom

techno allah

• Members
  • 9167 posts
  • Joined 02-December 05

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:03 PM

Im saying the dude gets around and a lot of people might have heard some of his work without knowing it was him. didnt know i had to spell it out

yes but i never said anything to the contrary.

oh well either way, he's 38, dresses like this:

Posted Image

and people still love him, so he must be doing something right, right?

#71 secondhander

secondhander

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 28-November 03
  • Interests:Music, Films, Reading, Beer

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:24 PM

that song is catchy, but so are many better songs
patton is just too ahead of his time. hes kind of like this generations zappa in the fact that he is innovative, he plays many genres, a ton of people have heard his music, but at the same time few people know who he is

huh which song?

anyway he has released some SHIT (adult themes for voice anyone?) and i read someone describe it as him having contempt for his audience. well whatever. if he can make records for the hell of it whenever he wants and people buy it then let him.

i can't decide if he's a dick or not. i've heard some people say he's very gracious and friendly, others not so much. i saw an interview with him and duane denison on some australian tv channel and he was a bit of a dick then but the interviewer totally deserved it if you ask me, he didn't have a clue.

a lot of the people who hate him are bitter FNM fans who hate the likes of mr bungle but err it was thanks to Mr Bungle he was in FNM for a start. people who love him will find any excuse to love him, people who hate him will find any excuse to hate him.

oh yeah and on that note, that australian interview had a few comments (it was on youtube) and one guy was like 'mike patton is an obnoxious wankbag' completely ignoring the fact that duane denison was being as much of an 'obnoxious wankbag' as mike was, if not more. which says it ALL really.

essay over. just a little absorbed since that FANTASTIC gig :ninja: sorry

I wouldn't have picked that Duane Dennison would be much of an obnoxious wankbag as you put it unless maybe the interviewer deserved it by asking retarded questions. From what i've seen of him in interviews he doesn't come across like that. I saw Patton & Duanne interviewed on chan V by Andrew Gee (you can't have any credit at all if you host Australian Idol either btw) here in Australia a few years back when they were doing the ipecac geek show tour with fantomas & melvins & he didn't say much in the interview at all, i'm assuming you're not referring to this interview though.

#72 happyphantom

happyphantom

techno allah

• Members
  • 9167 posts
  • Joined 02-December 05

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

I wouldn't have picked that Duane Dennison would be much of an obnoxious wankbag as you put it unless maybe the interviewer deserved it by asking retarded questions. From what i've seen of him in interviews he doesn't come across like that. I saw Patton & Duanne interviewed on chan V by Andrew Gee (you can't have any credit at all if you host Australian Idol either btw) here in Australia a few years back when they were doing the ipecac geek show tour with fantomas & melvins & he didn't say much in the interview at all, i'm assuming you're not referring to this interview though.

well I don't think either of them were being obnoxious wankbags really, I was just quoting someone else. They were being a bit rude but yeah like I said the interviewer totally deserved it. I haven't got time now but when I do I'll have a look and try and find it so you can see for yourself, it's pretty entertaining.

#73 happyphantom

happyphantom

techno allah

• Members
  • 9167 posts
  • Joined 02-December 05

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:44 AM

ok here it is, if you feel like watching:

also, the obnoxious wankbag comment was one someone made in reference to mike patton, my point was that they were picking on him rather than him and duane despite the fact that they're both taking the piss. admittedly a lot of the people who find it funny seem to think that mike's solely responsible as well...but he is the funniest ;). A very important point i'm sure you'll agree!

#74 secondhander

secondhander

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 28-November 03
  • Interests:Music, Films, Reading, Beer

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

ok here it is, if you feel like watching:

also, the obnoxious wankbag comment was one someone made in reference to mike patton, my point was that they were picking on him rather than him and duane despite the fact that they're both taking the piss. admittedly a lot of the people who find it funny seem to think that mike's solely responsible as well...but he is the funniest ;). A very important point i'm sure you'll agree!

Thanks for the link, i was thinking of another interview then.
That one would have been Tomahawks first tour in Oz. I could barely watch that at times, very cringe worthy. Jabba is one of the worst interviewers ever, i'm surprised neither of them punched him in the face.

#75 happyphantom

happyphantom

techno allah

• Members
  • 9167 posts
  • Joined 02-December 05

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the link, i was thinking of another interview then.
That one would have been Tomahawks first tour in Oz. I could barely watch that at times, very cringe worthy. Jabba is one of the worst interviewers ever, i'm surprised neither of them punched him in the face.

yeah i guessed as much. that guy is awful! i actually think they dealt with the whole thing pretty well, they could have easily just refused to do the interview but instead they took the piss but totally obviously, the guy (jabba) was free to make his own mistakes and he did. what an idiot. anyway it still made me laugh so he/they get points for comedy value if nothing else

shorty, i'm still not sure how what you were saying relates to what i was saying? unless you're pointing out that people who claim to hate him might like some stuff he's been involved with without realising. i'm not trying to start an argument i'm just confused. but still got to love the blazer/scarf/shades/hairnet combo. it's a winner. i love this guy haha

p.s. i'm drunk. i'm not trying to sound cool or anything (how can you be cool if you're posting on a message board whilst drunk?) i'm just explaining why i may be talking even more shit than normal. or maybe i'm not. i just don't know.

#76 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4359 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:01 AM

Its funny because he later performed with members of wolfmother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users