IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

TMV history spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4069 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:34 AM

That looks really interesting. I haven't been able to find it streaming for free yet, but for people in the US who want to donate to PBS, the entire program seems to be streaming here. I'm assuming it's US only, anyway. Looks like it's only $5 a month.

it was on youtube for a while i think, i remember seeing the track

#82 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7167 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:51 AM

mmmmmmmmmotivation
https://www.wired.co...-public-library

#83 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:07 PM

I’m pretty excited right now because thanks to a Youtube commenter I finally found the „lost“ Golden Apollo Stars tour that happened in August 2002, while JT was already in TMV!

They were touring w/ Rye Coalition:
https://web.archive.....com/tours.html

I remember somebody claiming there‘s video footage of Golden from that tour. I need to find it!

Also found a previously unknown Defacto performance @ Spaceland on July 30th, 2002. I should check the websites of the clubs they used to play in around that time for Defacto shows. The Long Beach one w/ Frusciante happened while Jon was on mentioned tour with Golden.

https://web.archive....0/schedule2.htm

#84 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7167 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:53 AM

I’m pretty excited right now because thanks to a Youtube commenter I finally found the „lost“ Golden Apollo Stars tour that happened in August 2002, while JT was already in TMV!

They were touring w/ Rye Coalition:
https://web.archive.....com/tours.html

I remember somebody claiming there‘s video footage of Golden from that tour. I need to find it!

Also found a previously unknown Defacto performance @ Spaceland on July 30th, 2002. I should check the websites of the clubs they used to play in around that time for Defacto shows. The Long Beach one w/ Frusciante happened while Jon was on mentioned tour with Golden.

https://web.archive....0/schedule2.htm

Nicely done, inspectah.  :notworthy:

#85 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

A few observations:

The 07/30/2002 Spaceland show is referred to as an "one off show" in the Nov '02 GSL newsletter, which also states they "unveil[ed] a handful of new compositions that go to eleven on the ruffness scale. Keyboardist Ikey was in fine form, even guesting with GOGOGO AIRHEART as a warm-up. Ikey left THE MARS VOLTA but is still a member of DE FACTO - rumor is he will also be appearing on the upcoming MV album too, so who the fuck knows?"

The part about Ikey leaving TMV, yet still appearing on DITC, reminded me of this german Interview from the March/April 2003 euro tour with Jason Lader, where Omar is quoted saying "we don't have a full-time bass player and keyboard player at the moment, we hadn't had the time yet to search for full-time band members" ("Wir haben derzeit keinen festen Bassisten und Keyboarder, wir hatten noch keine Zeit, feste Mitglieder zu suchen."). Seems like Ikey wasn't considered a band member even after De-Loused was recorded. I wonder if he was ever considered a full member, given the TMV/TMV group distinction later on and that Marcel almost fully took over keyboard duties in the studio on later records. (regardless of what his "official" status ever was, he will always count as a full member to me)

The part about new De Facto compositions is consistent with the June '02 GSL newsletter stating that "De Facto have begun assembling tracks for their next (and as yet untitled) album, due for release on GSL sometime in the early spring" (this never happened)

My suspicion is that those were the De Facto sessions featuring John Frusciante mentioned by Sonny Kay in his recent email to me and this GSL bio from 2003, which says "Omar mentioned more than once that John would be playing on the "next" DE FACTO record". According to RHCP tour history John, who at the time had finished working on BTW and had not started recording SCWP yet, had almost a full month off after meeting Omar (April 24th - May 26th), and then another full month (Aug 8th - Sep 16th) right around the time when Jon Theodore was still touring with Golden (so TMV was on a break) and the De Facto show in Long Beach happened.

There was another De Facto show scheduled on Oct 23rd, 2002 at the Chain Reaction in Anaheim, but they cancelled due to "recording commitments" (DITC sessions had already started)

One last fun fact: Even though the story of Frusciante meeting Omar is well documented with multiple sources, the rumor about De Facto opening one of his solo shows a year earlier in 2001 is actually true. It was this show.

IP5eZQj.png

#86 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:21 PM

Que gran aporte! What a success, i'll read ir later w more time

#87 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6095 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:59 PM

Totally forgot about this.  

Also discovered I have RJ's Prospectors on my harddrive.  Forgot when that was recorded and if anything was ever done with it.

#88 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4069 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:01 PM

i dont recall juan being a part of oso? anybody know when they recorded?

#89 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:01 PM

Also discovered I have RJ's Prospectors on my harddrive.  Forgot when that was recorded and if anything was ever done with it.

Oooooh, please share. I remember really liking the music! Strong Led Zeppelin ballad vibes.

I think RJ Prospectors was during the downtime after TBIG tour wrapped.

Oso might have been in 2010 when Cedric was mostly playing drums instead of writing lyrics for Noctourniquet.

#90 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:20 PM

Ok quizá me detesten por confundir temas pero este es el tema correcto para esta clasificar esta información:

Bien, John participó varias veces pero muchas de ellas no están documentadas en internet, te comparto una recopilación de lo que pude averiguar:

Según el sitio http://rhcplivearchive.com/livearchive , Omar participó con los RHCP:

Segun el sitio http://rhcplivearchive.com/frusciante , Omar participó con John Frusciante:

Según el sitio http://invisible-mov...dio/live-others , confirma las colaboraciones de John con Omar

Live: With Other Musicians and misc.

This section contains some of John’s live appearances other than (typical) RHCP and solo ones.

Spontaneous improvisations

• 22nd March 2003, Colorline Arena, Hamburg, Germany

Jam with Flea, Michael Rother and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, downloaded times, 39.70 Mb, mp3

John with the Mars Volta

• 13th May 2004, The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Credit are in the comment ID3 tag of the file.

Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt, downloaded times, 16.50 Mb, mp3

• 14th October 2005, Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA, USA

L’Via L’Viaquez, downloaded times, 19.10 Mb, mp3

• 25th September 2006, Air Canada Center, Toronto, Canada
    Many thanks to Dave Caley.

Fistful Intro
get mp3, downloaded times, 1.80 Mb
get flac, downloaded times, 7.33 Mb

Interstellar Overdrive
get mp3, downloaded times, 11.81 Mb
get flac, downloaded times, 65.72 Mb

Jam I
get mp3, downloaded times, 11.08 Mb
get flac, downloaded times, 59.69 Mb

Jam II
get mp3, downloaded times, 4.20 Mb
get flac, downloaded times, 21.50 Mb

Juan’s Solo
get mp3, downloaded times, 7.77 Mb
get flac, downloaded times, 39.70 Mb

Roulette Outro [extended]
get mp3, downloaded times, 7.05 Mb
get flac, downloaded times, 41.50 Mb

#91 rroseselavy

rroseselavy

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-December 19

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:17 PM

The one in Stockholm 2003 is new to me. Thank you!

John with the Mars Volta

You forgot:

2003.05.21 - Northsix, New York, NY

2004.05.06 - The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA

2004.11.04 - Sue II Fest, Santiago, Chile

2004.11.05 - Personal Fest, Buenos Aires, Argentina

2005.06.04 - Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA

2005.08.04 - Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA

2005.08.05 - Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA

#92 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

Those were the ones that I found, the additional ones that you have placed do not appear in the sources that I searched on my own. In addition to that I found this mention: 

'Omar Rodriguez-Lopez mentioned in interviews with El Patas in August 2011, Rolling Stone in March 2012 and Musikexpress in April 2012 that John had made around 300-400 recordings during this period, which at the time he had no intentions to release whatsoever.'

From https://www.rhcpsess...ding-sessions-1

Será que ORL tambien habrá grabado música electronica en ese entonces? ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users