IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
3359 replies to this topic

#3341 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12177 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06
  • Interests:www.soundcloud.com/iamisandisnt and gaming.youtube.com/live/iamisandisnt and www.engramsmovie.com
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:09 AM

The only reason I wouldn't bother him is if he's actually dealing with significant personal issues to a syd berret degree and is easily upset which could harm his physical/mental state.

If he's just holding out because of elitism, then seriously...... what swan song said.

note: feel free to bother me, I'm not in that state :D

#3342 Andrewf

Andrewf

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:13 AM

Im a trader myself but yeah traders community with all this rare stuff really pisses me off. Thats why i became a trader

#3343 wolflikemeow

wolflikemeow

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 03-November 15

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:18 AM

The only reason I wouldn't bother him is if he's actually dealing with significant personal issues to a syd berret degree and is easily upset which could harm his physical/mental state.

???

#3344 Fubes

Fubes

©ubic litre

• Members
  • 31406 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:34 AM

Mods please throw in the word "never" somewhere in the title.

#3345 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 12177 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06
  • Interests:www.soundcloud.com/iamisandisnt and gaming.youtube.com/live/iamisandisnt and www.engramsmovie.com
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:09 AM

???

like if he's legit got some mental disturbances and lives in his basement with a caretaker and has to take medication three times a day, maybe there's like a person who comes to check up on him once a day

if that was the case, I would totally let him be

but if he's just being an elitist cunt well then we's gots heads on sticks, mate

#3346 wolflikemeow

wolflikemeow

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 03-November 15

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:29 AM

???

like if he's legit got some mental disturbances and lives in his basement with a caretaker and has to take medication three times a day, maybe there's like a person who comes to check up on him once a day

if that was the case, I would totally let him be

but if he's just being an elitist cunt well then we's gots heads on sticks, mate

Ah, sounded as if you had some other information, didn't realize you were far fetched speculating ha!
He certainly hasn't come around to the Coma in quite some years :(

#3347 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 12177 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:40 AM

yea well idk flip's post made it seem like we shouldn't set him off by asking him for it, or something serious, and noizewater has always been infamous for just ... not giving up the goods for whatever reason so maybe he knows something we don't and should just observe some providence

#3348 wolflikemeow

wolflikemeow

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 03-November 15

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

Well, whatever. Was just alluding to the fact that he was my last lead up until tracking down Gideon Yago.
noizEwater (Ernesto) can remain as enigmatic as he wants in all of his ambivalent tape hoarding glory :-)

#3349 arakuine

arakuine

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 18-January 17

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Dealing with Frusciante fans fucked him (Ernesto) up for life. I had conversations with him back in the days and we had a mutual friend outside the internet.
From what I understand, he's not that well off financially and health-wise. He just put a lot of his time and money into taping and acquiring those rare goodies over the years.
If you hope to get anything from him again in the future, you better understand why he stopped putting things up in the first place. It was the feeling of entitlement to his work by the online community with the somewhat communist millenial "everything belongs to everybody" mindset that pissed him of. And I totally get that. You buy the camera equipment, go to those shows, edit the material and some 14 year old kid from europe whose only contribution to the community was the 300th FRUSCIANTE IS GOD youtube channel consisting of stolen videos reuploaded in inferior quality is coming at you for being "elitist" and demanding that you release that shit for his pleasure.

So, after a few of those incidents (which brought us some nice footage), he just told everybody to fuck themselves and stopped putting anything up.

I would HIGHLY recommend not to bother him again with this "you are a bad person if you don't give ME what I WANT" bullshit, unless you want him to never share anything again.

#3350 Andrewf

Andrewf

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

He actually shared viper room 2001 recently. I tried to buy anything from him recently but he refused to. I heard that he asked around 200-300$ for a full video of a 2008 show with josh flea,stella and john

#3351 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2763 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

I don't care how much his fancy camera costs, he's an asshole if he's trying to sell someone else's music.

#3352 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 8987 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Agreed

#3353 arakuine

arakuine

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 18-January 17

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Didn't Andrewf just say that he refused to sell it? The thing about him asking 200-300$ for a recording is new to me. I remember a few years ago someone else tried to sell those JF performances on DVD via discogs.

I'm not denying that there is an element of egoism in his behavior, I just don't think the opposing side has any reason to feel morally superior entitled to his footage.

#3354 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 8987 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

Then again, literally not a single human being ever has a reason to feel morally superior to others

#3355 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 12177 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

Dealing with Frusciante fans fucked him (Ernesto) up for life. I had conversations with him back in the days and we had a mutual friend outside the internet.
From what I understand, he's not that well off financially and health-wise. He just put a lot of his time and money into taping and acquiring those rare goodies over the years.
If you hope to get anything from him again in the future, you better understand why he stopped putting things up in the first place. It was the feeling of entitlement to his work by the online community with the somewhat communist millenial "everything belongs to everybody" mindset that pissed him of. And I totally get that. You buy the camera equipment, go to those shows, edit the material and some 14 year old kid from europe whose only contribution to the community was the 300th FRUSCIANTE IS GOD youtube channel consisting of stolen videos reuploaded in inferior quality is coming at you for being "elitist" and demanding that you release that shit for his pleasure.

So, after a few of those incidents (which brought us some nice footage), he just told everybody to fuck themselves and stopped putting anything up.

I would HIGHLY recommend not to bother him again with this "you are a bad person if you don't give ME what I WANT" bullshit, unless you want him to never share anything again.

this poast is GOD

shall we start a "Feel Good Fund for Noizewater" kickstarter? this is exactly what I was talkin about

us millennials fucked him up for realz, time to pay back

THIS IS FOREVER

#3356 arakuine

arakuine

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 18-January 17

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

the lord gave, and the lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the lord

#3357 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6023 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

I remember having a few noizewater videos on my video ipod back in the days of video ipods. Shame that things ultimately went so sour. He did some good work. 

#3358 Andrewf

Andrewf

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

well he didnt really refuse to sell them to me because he basically said something along the lines that he is homeless so i think a "kickstarter" would work if he'd promise to upload all of that stuff once all of us solve his financial troubles. but i don't really trust him.

he asked for 200-300$ from another guy and the guy said it's too much and after that ezion said something like "haha if u don't buy it i will destroy them" and the dude was like "yeah whatever"

#3359 Andrewf

Andrewf

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

and the dvds that were tried to be sold on discogs were already on the internet so i dont get the point of that

#3360 wolflikemeow

wolflikemeow

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 03-November 15

Posted Yesterday, 08:42 AM

I don't really buy any of that hogwash. He could have just sold tapes to the band if that was the case. Sounds full of it.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)