IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Le Butcherettes

• Please log in to reply
1037 replies to this topic

#1021 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

interesting, we should check out which composition it samples

#1022 Poimandres

Poimandres

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:57 AM

I actually quite like the album, and wasn't big on the previous releases. Maybe I should revisit the other albums.

I was really impressed when I saw them live supporting ATDI. They've developed a lot since I first saw them as support for Omar in 2010. Great stage presence, punchy sound.

As for the new album, I like the production and think the sheen relative to previous releases goes well. It actually reminds me of Sleater Kinney a fair bit. It's also been getting quite a bit of radio play in Australia, which previous albums never did. Plus, good reviews from what I've seen.

#1023 Poimandres

Poimandres

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

Double post

#1024 crawlinginpasta

crawlinginpasta

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 26-March 16

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:13 AM

"Plus, Guadalajara, Mexico-based garage-punk band Le Butcherettes debuts at No. 32 on Emerging Artists, as the act's fourth studio set, bi/MENTAL, arrives at No. 4 on Heatseekers Albums and No. 88 on Top Album Sales (2,000 sold). The album is the first Billboard chart entry for the Teri Gender Bender-fronted group."

#1025 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5735 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:49 AM

Man Jello really puts it out there huh....

#1026 TL_

TL_

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2486 posts
  • Joined 11-October 10

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:15 AM

I got to see a Le Butcherettes headlining set for the first time last night. They're incredible.

#1027 Germn F.

Germn F.

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2480 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:24 AM

Yup, always great to see them live. I’m happy they announced today a date in my town in a couple of weeks to finish off the tour. There’s a lot of people here who can’t stand her for whatever reason.

#1028 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:29 PM

Yup, always great to see them live. I’m happy they announced today a date in my town in a couple of weeks to finish off the tour. There’s a lot of people here who can’t stand her for whatever reason.

I don't get the hate either. However, I do find her interviews uncomfortable to watch.

#1029 nembutals

nembutals

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Joined 16-July 10

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:18 AM

I saw their show in Minneapolis a few nights ago. It was really good! I met Marfred afterward while he was breaking down their gear just to say thanks and he was super humble and cool, and also asked him if he knows what's up with atdi. He just said they are done for now, which is what we pretty much already knew. Nothing definite but there are no further plans.

bi/MENTAL is pretty good. I was watching one of their videos on the Rise channel and was surprised to see how many comments there were from people who were ambivalent or straight up don't like the music, but I guess Rise mostly caters to a certain sound that Le Butcherettes doesn't quite fit like a glove...

#1030 Shoko Asahara

Shoko Asahara

神の子羊

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 29-November 08

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:24 AM

Rise Records caters to wife beaters and warped tour pedophiles

#1031 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:24 AM

I saw their show in Minneapolis a few nights ago. It was really good! I met Marfred afterward while he was breaking down their gear just to say thanks and he was super humble and cool, and also asked him if he knows what's up with atdi. He just said they are done for now, which is what we pretty much already knew. Nothing definite but there are no further plans.

bi/MENTAL is pretty good. I was watching one of their videos on the Rise channel and was surprised to see how many comments there were from people who were ambivalent or straight up don't like the music, but I guess Rise mostly caters to a certain sound that Le Butcherettes doesn't quite fit like a glove...

You should have asked about antemasque or tmv

#1032 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5264 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

Really should have asked about Antemasque.

#1033 nembutals

nembutals

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Joined 16-July 10

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

Yeah I should have. I just thought of the most recent thing first, and then figured I didn’t want to be an asshole and ask about all his brother’s bands at his show.

#1034 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:31 PM

But ATDI is his brothers and Marfred’s in Antemasque lol

#1035 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3493 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

they're gonna be on adult swim's fishcenter today, a vod will probably go up eventually

#1036 s_uds

s_uds

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-November 15

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:08 PM

Badass interview in Houston Press where she tells it all about this short movie project she did with Jello Biaffra and her "friend" ORL and how her mother went insane during the filming of it, eventually leading to the new album.

#1037 Germn F.

Germn F.

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2480 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:54 PM

Badass interview in Houston Press where she tells it all about this short movie project she did with Jello Biaffra and her "friend" ORL and how her mother went insane during the filming of it, eventually leading to the new album.

Man, poor girl. First what she went through with her father and now what she’s going through with her mother.

#1038 Germn F.

Germn F.

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2480 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:49 AM

On Sunday’s show, Teri kept saying things in spanish between songs with the same father abuse theme. “Don’t kiss your daughter on the neck”, “don’t touch me down there”, and “I know you take me to the circus, but don’t take off my dress” before singing “dress off”. Not sure if this is personal. I had heard her say random things in spanish between songs before but nothing like this.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users