IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

avant prog / rio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:49 AM

have been consumed by these musical styles lately, starting with cardiacs and going into thinking plague and 5uus etc.

realising a lot of omar solo stuff would fall into these categories and that is likely why its so satisfying and acceptable to me

would consider "trash generator" by tera melos to be in this style, along with "there's no 666 in outer space" by hella

was searching for thinking plague on here and found someone using them as a comparison for this band The Season Standard which was a great find for me and reminds me of volta in ways but is definitely its own thing:

https://discorporate...e-ahead-of-line

which got me wondering what other recommendations the volta fam would have in this area? seems only right!

lately i've been exploring this group Rascal Reporters heavily and loving them:

#2 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3260 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:54 AM

henry cow is really the only rio band im crazy about if you want to call them one

#3 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:59 AM

henry cow is really the only rio band im crazy about if you want to call them one

yeah for sure, in fact they were one of the main parts in founding the core rio movement originally.

they seem to be the seed for all this stuff - i definitely like their stuff but find i prefer what has come from it or been inspired by it more :)

the drum & trash percussion sounds on the intro of "industry" from their record western civilisation are incredible

"falling away" from that record is another favourite

#4 temporal lob

temporal lob

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-September 13

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

Check out Miriodor. Their album Signal 9 from last year was great. Cuniform Records has alot of great RIO acts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users