IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

LP5 and LP6 (almost?) recordedOmar talks about Obama and his political ideas on previous albums

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 the Grim of Lanterns

the Grim of Lanterns

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 21-July 07

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:57 AM

Anyone ever seen that show 'Metalocalypse' on Toon network? There's an episode where the world begins falling apart because Dethklok haven't released their next album. Articles like this feel like that, we're being teased like a 30 second movie trailer until concrete news on the next album(s) is presented...

#22 WhoAreThePatriots

WhoAreThePatriots

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1243 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:19 AM

Goddamnit! I've been reading bullshit like this for about a year now. If it's finished fucking put it out. If your going to say its recorded, then make sure you don't have to wrap up some vocal tracks or some bullshit. They've been saying it's been finished for days. LIES! Volta news is so fucking dry it's insane that this board manages to function on the minimal level it does at present. Throw me a frickin' bone here man. give us a title. say something about it.

This shit is getting irritating.

I'm with you on this one.

#23 Dare Evans

Dare Evans

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 15-November 08
  • Interests:Eleven words; My interests are pretty much solely The Mars Volta and wrestling.

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

Goddamnit! I've been reading bullshit like this for about a year now. If it's finished fucking put it out. If your going to say its recorded, then make sure you don't have to wrap up some vocal tracks or some bullshit. They've been saying it's been finished for days. LIES! Volta news is so fucking dry it's insane that this board manages to function on the minimal level it does at present. Throw me a frickin' bone here man. give us a title. say something about it.

I'm with you on this one.

As am I.

#24 frodolinho

frodolinho

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

i hope by recording vocals, he means LP6 ... so LP5 is 100% ready to released

#25 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

I think that's what he meant, there's no way vocals aren't recorded yet, this shit was supposed to be wrapped in August

#26 magick1017

magick1017

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 03-March 05

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

Bonnaroo is in June... could it be true?

It is true! http://www.bonnaroo.com/artists.aspx

#27 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13599 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

So fucking excited

#28 Aesop Rocks

Aesop Rocks

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

LP5 vocals are done. They were being finished on the last American tour after shows.

#29 IVeilCerpinTaxtI

IVeilCerpinTaxtI

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Interests:Drums, Bass, Music...
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Huge difference between finished recording and finished mixing and mastering. Just be patient man. I still think that Volta fans are by far the most spoiled fans out there. Sure they do keep us in the dark, but they throw a lot of shit at us throughout the year. And don't forget, this next album will be released when Universal wants it to be released.

#30 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

DUDE
I DON'T WANNA WAIT TILL SPRING!!!!!!!!!!
UGH

Hey, I'm a huge fan of both MARS and the other martians released their last album on 2005. No new record or solo projects. Can you imagine that?
I'm more thant pleased with all the albums these martians have released and the solo projects
They have us in constant party.
They deserve to rest a little and work on their own projects.
Besides, Cedric told in an interview that many labels makes bands to release 1 album per year, so it won't be too much information to handle :biggrin:
And he said: some labels make bands also to release albums not in a holiday season, he said: their fans would buy their albums in any time of the year. sort of what he said. can't remember the link in youtube. I think was the verge interview.

Oh!!! I almost forget. :biggrin:
Posted Image

#31 wonderbrother

wonderbrother

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 12-March 07

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

DUDE
UGH

Hey, I'm a huge fan of both MARS and the other martians released their last album on 2005. No new record or solo projects. Can you imagine that?
I'm more thant pleased with all the albums these martians have released and the solo projects
Besides, Cedric told in an interview that many labels makes bands to release 1 album per year, so it won't be too much information to handle :biggrin:
And he said: some labels make bands also to release albums not in a holiday season, he said: their fans would buy their albums in any time of the year. sort of what he said. can't remember the link in youtube. I think was the verge interview.

Posted Image

so i guess alcohol had no influence on the incoherence of this post.

#32 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:57 AM

DUDE
UGH

Posted Image

sorry
don't speak english very well

#33 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

i hope by recording vocals, he means LP6 ... so LP5 is 100% ready to released

I think that's what he meant, there's no way vocals aren't recorded yet, this shit was supposed to be wrapped in August

That could be possiblity. Would make sense. But that would mean this part has to be typo then:

the first of these won't see the light of day until at least this spring, as vocals need to be recorded and additional tweaking may be necessary. And Rodriguez-Lopez isn't giving any possible titles away.

<shrugs>

#34 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

I put 20 on July release

#35 redrum_Pole

redrum_Pole

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 04-November 07

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

i want tmv tour on summer festivals in europe.

or not.

i just want them at open'er fest.

#36 Mothersky

Mothersky

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Joined 09-April 07

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

I'm hoping for late May leak with a mid June release... dunno, just a wild guess.

#37 Frequencysweep

Frequencysweep

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Joined 24-January 09

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

Hm...well its good to know what their doing now, so i guess its ok, but it kinda sucks that they we wont see them till spring...excuse me as i get my roo tickets, Phish and The Mars Volta at the start of june hell yeah!

#38 O2Waster

O2Waster

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Joined 17-February 04

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:51 AM

they're waiting to release the new album until acid can come back into my town

#39 wonderbrother

wonderbrother

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 12-March 07

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

DUDE
UGH

Posted Image

sorry
don't speak english very well

ya i figured as much, it just worked so well with the vino and everything.. my humour tends to detiriorate after 13 hours of work.

no hard feelings :blush:

and ya, flip has a point. they probably just keep changing it up as time passes, changing verses, words here and there and are never fully satisfied.. i mean i've felt that way after every record i've made (in a professional studio).

oh and i agree with the lsd comment.. where has that shit gone?? i got animal collective coming up in over a month i need to find me somes.

#40 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

6 months holiday??? OMFG!!! is Cedric pregnant or WTF?

...about the other martians mind-blowing productivity, they should stop mailing those loads of spam where expressing extra-interesting leto's opinions on climate change or obama's coolness, AND INVEST THEIR TIME IN MAKING MUSIC. i'm sorry, dew, but i'm sorta upset with them. and I don't like their last record either.

oh! it's only 2 days for the whole grammy thing! it's even exciting me in the end. i'll get some wine just to take notice of omar :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users