IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Queens of the Stone Age / QOTSA

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#1181 logos

logos

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2867 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

Gtfo if you don’t like Head Like A Haunted House

#1182 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:10 PM

Villains was awesome!

Feet don’t fail me, way you used to do, evil has landed, head like a haunted house, and villains of circumstance are all stone cold killers imo. Not as big on the other 4 tunes, but about half the album rocks!

That said, the album this year HAS to be the dessert sessions album unless Jon Theodore is leaving the band to rejoin the Mars Volta full time - JT seems to be a great fit for queens and rocked it both times I saw them last tour, and played awesome on villains. Would be a shame to see him sidelined even if it was for Dave grohl

#1183 temporal lob

temporal lob

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 02-September 13

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:43 PM

I'd be down for another Them Crooked Vultures album as long as Grohl is coming back.

#1184 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10058 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:56 PM

I liked Villians more than the last.

You like it more than ...Like Clockwork? Never post in this thread again.

Yeah, pls just delete your entire internet, even

#1185 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10058 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:58 PM

Saw them live for their clockwork tour. Jon was great, has been totally underused on the records imo. He just plays a sad dance beat all throughout villains. On like clockwork he's only on the title track if im not mistaken

#1186 kev821

kev821

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:56 AM

like clockwork was a solid record, Feet don’t fail is the best from Villains, Anyways they say  Ghorl is featured, but doesn't mean he's playing the whole record.  saw him play a couple times with them crooked  vultures, that shit was dope.

#1187 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:36 AM

Guys - it’s desert sessions this year. Allows josh to play with a crazy random list of collaborators and doesn’t have to do it under the queens umbrella. IMO the current queens lineup should not be messed with and has been their overall best and most consistent. If queens were to happen this year, you would have no Jon Theodore and no dean fertita (busy with raconteurs awesome new album touring). Enjoy the desert sessions!

#1188 Petra

Petra

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:50 AM

Villains was definitely not a solid album. Has some really good moments, though. "Buried so close to the fountain of youth you can almost reach" is one my favorite lyrics ever. Head Like a Haunted House is a great song, fast and energetic and crazy weird imagery and wordplay. Fortress and Hideaway are fuckin' booooorrring ass snoozers that just ruin the album for me. Villains of Circumstance is slow but at least it's interesting and has that dark, dooming guitar part at the end. It's not a bad closer at all.

#1189 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5877 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Guys - it’s desert sessions this year. Allows josh to play with a crazy random list of collaborators and doesn’t have to do it under the queens umbrella. IMO the current queens lineup should not be messed with and has been their overall best and most consistent. If queens were to happen this year, you would have no Jon Theodore and no dean fertita (busy with raconteurs awesome new album touring). Enjoy the desert sessions!

I only heard the single from the Raconteurs album which should have been called "Hey, we bought a Data Corrupter pedal check it out!"

#1190 logos

logos

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2867 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

Desperation can lead to madness

#1191 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:15 PM

Damn, some salty bitches some of you are.  I didn't say Like Clockwork sucked.  It's a great album.  I just like Villains better, so GFY if that irritates you.  Feet Don't Fail Me is one of the band's best tunes IMO.  I didn't like The Way You Used to Do at first but the transition from Feet Don't Fail me is great.

Then you have great songs like Domesticated Animals, Un-reborn Again, Head like a Haunted House, Evil has Landed, and Villains of Circumstance.

I'd put those songs up against any of the best from Like Clockwork. It's close, but I give the nod to Villains.

#1192 Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man

POWDERED.TOAST.MAN

• Members
  • 11500 posts
  • Joined 20-February 10
  • Twitter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:47 PM

Then I CAST THEE OUT

#1193 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10058 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

Literally none of those songs you mention are better than anything on like clockwork

#1194 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

16gnae.jpg

#1195 Petra

Petra

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:44 PM

It's a tough argument. ...Like Clockwork works so well as a whole album. I think Feet Don't Fail Me is a better song than ...Like Clockwork (song), but because of it's importance to the album, it's hard to separate it. Bottom line is music is subjective and too many factors go into an individual's experience to use terms like better.

#1196 logos

logos

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2867 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:20 AM

Billy gibbons said it was Queens, and that it’s pretty much all done.

But the more I’ve read I’m starting to agree with Desert Sessions.

#1197 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5877 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

But was it ever stated that Grohl was drumming?  Could be guitar or vocals.

#1198 Petra

Petra

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:33 PM

#1199 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

But was it ever stated that Grohl was drumming? Could be guitar or vocals.

Good point - he’s never done guitar or vocals in queens but it could happen! Would be cool if they got John Paul Jones on a track too to get all the them crooked vultures guys on a track or two...

#1200 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4390 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:45 AM

But was it ever stated that Grohl was drumming? Could be guitar or vocals.
I read somewhere he was drumming but then again it was probably too an assumption

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users